The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kupe Needs Another Surgery (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109966)

Rohirrim 01-22-2013 04:54 PM

Kupe Needs Another Surgery
 
Kuper didn’t suffer the same injury, but he’s going to be on the rehab track again this year. Kuper needs to have surgery to repair a break in his left fibula, a less serious issue than the several broken bones and torn ligaments resulting from his ankle dislocation.

“This one is less traumatic,” Kuper said, via Mike Klis of the Denver Post. “It doesn’t have all the other things wrong in there so I’m optimistic it will be a normal recovery.”


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry-on-his-leg/

Broncos have to go Oline early in this draft.

2KBack 01-22-2013 04:55 PM

Kuper needs to drink more milk or something. He didn't look right in that game.

01-22-2013 05:07 PM

What a tough year for Kupe. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and shake the injury bug

Play2win 01-22-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KBack (Post 3786760)
Kuper needs to drink more Power Plates or something. He didn't look right in that game.

FTP.

rmsanger 01-22-2013 05:13 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-DryToast.jpg

Tombstone RJ 01-22-2013 05:13 PM

bummer

Heyneck 01-22-2013 05:17 PM

I have no doubt about Kupe coming back full strength. He is 1 tough son of a gun!!! And for those citing recent injury problems, sure he had a bad year with injuries. But that is it! 1 really bad year.

Rascal 01-22-2013 05:43 PM

Yeah, bump up o-line on the needs list.

Hopefully he can come back and be himself, but Broncos need to prepare for otherwise

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 05:48 PM

What did he have 2-3 holding calls in the playoff game? I agree we should go interior oline in the draft if just to prepare for another Kuper injury. That is unless they can find a good rent a vet guard to sign. You just never know what will be available to sign so its hard to say. Kuper has had a rough go of it lately to say the least.

UberBroncoMan 01-22-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3786787)
What did he have 2-3 holding calls in the playoff game? I agree we should go interior oline in the draft if just to prepare for another Kuper injury. That is unless they can find a good rent a vet guard to sign. You just never know what will be available to sign so its hard to say. Kuper has had a rough go of it lately to say the least.

I'm pretty sure they were all complete BS calls though. Like on the run with Hester.

Kaylore 01-22-2013 05:55 PM

Yeah that holding call was crap. And it had nothing to do with ankle. However we should add some interior depth just as a precaution. Between Koppen's age and both Walton and Kuper coming back from injuries, it would be wise to add depth and competition at the position.

ColoradoDarin 01-22-2013 05:57 PM

Do not like. Man, it's been a tough year for him. Hopefully he will have a chance to get 100% this off season. Looks like we need more depth at a minimum.

Jens1893 01-22-2013 05:58 PM

Somehow, some way ... I am not a 100% sure he´s coming back.

01-22-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyneck (Post 3786772)
I have no doubt about Kupe coming back full strength. He is 1 tough son of a gun!!! And for those citing recent injury problems, sure he had a bad year with injuries. But that is it! 1 really bad year.

Being tough and injury prone have nothing to do with each other. Most injury prone NFL players are tough sonsab****es.

I hope Blake is progressing well on the practice squad it'd be cool if he could replace Ramirez and push Kuper for a starting spot.

Heyneck 01-22-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3786801)
Being tough and injury prone have nothing to do with each other. Most injury prone NFL players are tough sonsab****es.

I hope Blake is progressing well on the practice squad it'd be cool if he could replace Ramirez and push Kuper for a starting spot.

So.. are you calling Kuper injury prone? Hilarious!

razorwire77 01-22-2013 07:00 PM

I gotta imagine that one guy out of Jones, Warmack, and Cooper will be there at 28. Definitely, a real possiblity.

wolf754life 01-22-2013 07:47 PM

the broncos need to move in another direction.

pricejj 01-22-2013 09:16 PM

Would be nice if he could get the plate taken out, and the scar tissue removed. He certainly doesn't sound like he thinks has any chronic issues.

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3786832)
I gotta imagine that one guy out of Jones, Warmack, and Cooper will be there at 28. Definitely, a real possiblity.

Yep center is stacked in the draft this yr. Great time to be at the bottom of round one and grab a center.

LongDongJohnson 01-23-2013 03:28 AM

Should have started Ramirez in the playoffs.

bowtown 01-23-2013 04:55 AM

Awful lot of drama queens up in this thread. He's a lineman. They all need surgery in the offseason. But yes, by all means, lets cut him and get a rookie in there. That will fix everything.

TheReverend 01-23-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3786792)
Yeah that holding call was crap. And it had nothing to do with ankle. However we should add some interior depth just as a precaution. Between Koppen's age and both Walton and Kuper coming back from injuries, it would be wise to add depth and competition at the position.

Personally, I'd love to see Kuper spend his recovery and the rest of the off-season working on his snap :)

cutthemdown 01-23-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 3786928)
Awful lot of drama queens up in this thread. He's a lineman. They all need surgery in the offseason. But yes, by all means, lets cut him and get a rookie in there. That will fix everything.

no one is saying cut him that i have seen. I think what people are saying is that outside of beadles and kuper the depth at guard drops quick. In fact there isn't really a young lineman you could see on the roster becoming a great player.

Then you throw in the fact Kuper has some injury issues right now and it makes perfect sense to take a talented young guard in the draft.

2KBack 01-23-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3786930)
Personally, I'd love to see Kuper spend his recovery and the rest of the off-season working on his snap :)

That would be cool as **** actually. Been a while since we have had a good mauler at C.

TheReverend 01-23-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KBack (Post 3786932)
That would be cool as **** actually. Been a while since we have had a good mauler at C.

Yeah, I think the versatility would be important. Especially with never knowing how the draft will actually fall. Depth can be rendered meaningless without versatility.

If we can land a stud C? Awesome, plug him at G for a season while he learns.

Stud G? Awesome, Kuper's capable of playing C.

Stud OT? Awesome, kick Franklin inside.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.