The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Senior Bowl (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109958)

TheReverend 01-22-2013 11:26 AM

Senior Bowl
 
Jordan Poyer from Oregon State looks amazing in drills. Combine that with some pretty amazing tape, good size, innate ballskills...

He's about to shoot up draft boards, and if not we need to steal him.

Ray Finkle 01-22-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3786527)
Jordan Poyer from Oregon State looks amazing in drills. Combine that with some pretty amazing tape, good size, innate ballskills...

He's about to shoot up draft boards, and if not we need to steal him.

good point but Alfonso Smith looked amazing that week too.....

What round would you draft Poyer?

TheReverend 01-22-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Finkle (Post 3786529)
good point but Alfonso Smith looked amazing that week too.....

What round would you draft Poyer?

Find me saying ANYTHING positive about Alphonso Smith. Ever.

Top 2, easy. It's starting to look like a pipedream that he'd last to our pick in the 2nd, though. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll run like **** at the combine.

Ray Finkle 01-22-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3786535)
Top 2, easy. It's starting to look like a pipedream that he'd last to our pick in the 2nd, though. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll run like **** at the combine.

Either that or trade back in round one for an early round 2 and extra picks.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-22-2013 11:37 AM

That's funny. This is what ESPN said about him today:

Utah State's Will Davis and Oregon State's Jordan Poyer had tough days. They were a little tight and had trouble running. They struggled to recover when they were beaten. Poyer had no burst out of his breaks.

Not saying who is wrong or right, just struck me as funny.

2KBack 01-22-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3786543)
That's funny. This is what ESPN said about him today:

Utah State's Will Davis and Oregon State's Jordan Poyer had tough days. They were a little tight and had trouble running. They struggled to recover when they were beaten. Poyer had no burst out of his breaks.

Not saying who is wrong or right, just struck me as funny.

I'm so done questioning Rev about DB's. I'll argue with him over other positions, but he is all over DB's.

TheReverend 01-22-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3786543)
That's funny. This is what ESPN said about him today:

Utah State's Will Davis and Oregon State's Jordan Poyer had tough days. They were a little tight and had trouble running. They struggled to recover when they were beaten. Poyer had no burst out of his breaks.

Not saying who is wrong or right, just struck me as funny.

You're quoting something from yesterday. I'm watching it live.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-22-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3786548)
You're quoting something from yesterday. I'm watching it live.

Whoops. Thought this was the first day of practice.

Tombstone RJ 01-22-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3786543)
That's funny. This is what ESPN said about him today:

Utah State's Will Davis and Oregon State's Jordan Poyer had tough days. They were a little tight and had trouble running. They struggled to recover when they were beaten. Poyer had no burst out of his breaks.

Not saying who is wrong or right, just struck me as funny.

esssssssssssssspin

TheReverend 01-22-2013 11:45 AM

Just made a realllllllllly nice play on 3rd down to kill a drive in today's scrimmage

TheReverend 01-22-2013 12:00 PM

Mike Glennon looks ahead of schedule at QB.

Nice touch on the ball and extremely accurate

Requiem 01-22-2013 12:02 PM

Glennon is a douche. Ruined FSU's year.

Conklin 01-22-2013 12:03 PM

Even tho I am biased because I know him personally, but I'm looking forward to how Brandon Williams does in practice today

Brandon Williams -- DT, Missouri Southern
This could be Brandon Williams coming out party. This 6-foot-3, 325-pound beast was the D-II Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association defensive player of the year after recording 68 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks, eight quarterback hurries and five forced fumbles this past season. He also set a school record with 27 career sacks. He has size, speed, strength, is versatile and plays with a good motor. But that was against D-II competition and because of that he will have his skeptics. But a good showing next week against high-caliber competition will validate his draft status. Remember Dontari Poe last year? He blew up during the draft process and became the first-round pick of the Kansas City Chiefs. Williams could be this year’s Poe.

pricejj 01-22-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3786535)
Top 2, easy. It's starting to look like a pipedream that he'd last to our pick in the 2nd, though. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll run like **** at the combine.

That's good. Gives us more options at #28. CB is definitely on the radar.

The dude had 7 INT's as a Sr, and 4 as a Jr. Put him on the list.

TheReverend 01-22-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3786589)
That's good. Gives us more options at #28. CB is definitely on the radar.

The dude had 7 INT's as a Sr, and 4 as a Jr. Put him on the list.

2 against our own Brosweiler, and he's also experienced and comfortable at picking Barkley, so he'll fit right in if KC drafts him.

TheReverend 01-22-2013 12:37 PM

Cornelius Washington looking good. Awesome leverage.

SouthStndJunkie 01-22-2013 12:46 PM

I'd say Jordan Poyer is a 2nd rounder at this point....but a high second rounder, not very likely to fall to the bottom of the 2nd round.

pricejj 01-22-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3786597)
2 against our own Brosweiler, and he's also experienced and comfortable at picking Barkley, so he'll fit right in if KC drafts him.

I can dig it. Poyer has great size too, unlike 'phonsie the smurf. Poyer can step right in at RCB or Nickel and move to LCB in '14.

Need another elite cover guy. Can't have 4.4 WR's blowing the lid off the Defense every time down the field.

Poyer ran a 4.38 at some point in his college life...He'll probably shred the combine and come in as one of the fastest. With such great ball skills, he has a reasonable chance of going higher than #28, especially if he is beasting at the Senior Bowl. All he needs is something to set him apart from Rhodes and Banks. He'll be off the board by #40 no matter what.

TheReverend 01-23-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conklin (Post 3786576)
Even tho I am biased because I know him personally, but I'm looking forward to how Brandon Williams does in practice today

Brandon Williams -- DT, Missouri Southern
This could be Brandon Williams coming out party. This 6-foot-3, 325-pound beast was the D-II Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association defensive player of the year after recording 68 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks, eight quarterback hurries and five forced fumbles this past season. He also set a school record with 27 career sacks. He has size, speed, strength, is versatile and plays with a good motor. But that was against D-II competition and because of that he will have his skeptics. But a good showing next week against high-caliber competition will validate his draft status. Remember Dontari Poe last year? He blew up during the draft process and became the first-round pick of the Kansas City Chiefs. Williams could be this year’s Poe.

^ He just had a REALLY nice showing.

DBroncos4life 01-23-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3786527)
Jordan Poyer from Oregon State looks amazing in drills. Combine that with some pretty amazing tape, good size, innate ballskills...

He's about to shoot up draft boards, and if not we need to steal him.

Everything I have seen or heard has been positive about Proyer.

01-23-2013 12:12 PM

Brandon Williams is the DT I have been praising since the beginning of time.. You heard it here first!

Anybody have input on Will Davis CB Utah State? I think I would rather take a CB in the second, seems line we would have a shot at Pryor, Davis, Trufant, McFadden, or Amerson..

Lestat 01-23-2013 12:33 PM

the OL Armstead from Arkansas pine bluff looks pretty solid.
Williams has definitely grown on me at DT, Floyd is still my #1 DT(since we have no shot at Star)

ColoradoBuff 01-23-2013 12:49 PM

sounds like the UNC LB Reddick looks good too

Lestat 01-23-2013 12:59 PM

i'm been saying it for awhile now, but i'll keep saying it. i want Gillislee if we don't go RB in the 1st.
big, fast, runs with power and still able to cut and go nicely.

socalorado 01-23-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3786527)
Jordan Poyer from Oregon State looks amazing in drills. Combine that with some pretty amazing tape, good size, innate ballskills...

He's about to shoot up draft boards, and if not we need to steal him.

Ahem. See post #7
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109837


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.