The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   NObama Names Candidate For ATF Director Who Was Involved In Design Of “Fast And Furious” (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109953)

lonestar 01-21-2013 10:10 PM

NObama Names Candidate For ATF Director Who Was Involved In Design Of “Fast And Furious”

Quote:

NObama Names Candidate For ATF Director Who Was Involved In Design Of “Fast And Furious”
Posted on January 21, 2013 by Cowboy Byte

As part of President Barack Obama’s 23-point gun control plan, he nominated Minnesota U.S. Attorney B. Todd Jones-who currently doubles right now as the acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives-to be the ATF Director.

Jones was personally a part of the high-ranking Department of Justice unit that first met on October 26, 2009, to create the new DOJ policy that was used to justify “gunwalking” in Operation Fast and Furious. In Fast and Furious, the ATF “walked” roughly 2,000 firearms into the hands of the Mexican drug cartels. That means through straw purchasers the agency allowed sales to happen and didn’t stop the guns from being trafficked, even though they had the legal authority to do so and were fully capable of doing so.

Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and hundreds of Mexican citizens–estimates put it around at least 300–were killed with these firearms.

Read more: http://cowboybyte.com/17911/obama-na...#ixzz2IgK4E67H
talk about the fox guarding the chicken coop..

just another stupid liberal move.. from the moron in the white house..

01-21-2013 10:16 PM

Cronyism.

orinjkrush 01-22-2013 05:58 AM

thank goodness fast and furious didn't deal in assault weapons.

oh, wait....

peacepipe 01-22-2013 06:10 AM

Let the propaganda begin.

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 08:11 AM

Obama purposefully picking people he knows Republicans will vehemently oppose. Repubs have to realize that and just give him his picks, stick him with a crappy cabinet that will continue to let him down. Then dig heals in the sand for any more new taxes. Not one new tax without a corresponding spending reduction.

peacepipe 01-22-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3786380)
Obama purposefully picking people he knows Republicans will vehemently oppose. Repubs have to realize that and just give him his picks, stick him with a crappy cabinet that will continue to let him down. Then dig heals in the sand for any more new taxes. Not one new tax without a corresponding spending reduction.

Translation: repubs need a bigger shovel,the hole they're in isn't deep enough.

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 08:25 AM

peace the biggest problem is the debt but instead Obama decided to make his 2nd term about gays and guns. Oh and more of the same tax and spend policies that got us into this problem in the first place.

peacepipe 01-22-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3786393)
peace the biggest problem is the debt but instead Obama decided to make his 2nd term about gays and guns. Oh and more of the same tax and spend policies that got us into this problem in the first place.

First our biggest problem is job creation not debt. Our debt wasn't created over night & isn't going to be fixed overnight. Spending cuts by themselves aren't going to fix our debt. Revenue will have to be a big part of it.

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 11:27 AM

Well peace keystone pipeline back on now that nebraska has a new route. Let's see how important jobs are to Obama. IMO his policies cost us jobs. I still don't see anything from him that creates a lot of jobs. What will gun control and gays marrying do for jobs? What will more taxes do for jobs?

peacepipe 01-22-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3786528)
Well peace keystone pipeline back on now that nebraska has a new route. Let's see how important jobs are to Obama. IMO his policies cost us jobs. I still don't see anything from him that creates a lot of jobs. What will gun control and gays marrying do for jobs? What will more taxes do for jobs?

We can do both. Doing one doesn't prevent you from doing the other. High taxes didn't stop job creation during the 90s.

Requiem 01-22-2013 12:16 PM

Boy, you just think you are special coming up with nicknames like Nobama and Tanahan? Giggle, giggle, gurgle, gurgle.

Pony Boy 01-22-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3786398)
First our biggest problem is job creation not debt. Our debt wasn't created over night & isn't going to be fixed overnight. Spending cuts by themselves aren't going to fix our debt. Revenue will have to be a big part of it.

That's liberal mumbo jumbo for keep on spending.....spending......and spending. Let our kids and grandkids worry about it, it's all good.

Requiem 01-22-2013 12:33 PM

Hopefully those kids will come up with a better monetary/finance system than we have going right now.

Fedaykin 01-22-2013 12:40 PM

Let's not forget all the"all we need to do is enforce existing gun laws" folks. The NRA and the right have been working tirelessly to make the ATF as ineffective at that job as possible.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...bacco-firearms

Don't want more gun laws? Stop hindering the enforcement of existing laws.

Most glaringly from that article:

"The same year, Congress, backed by the NRA, split the ATF off from the Department of Treasury and stipulated that its director be confirmed by the Senate, effectively giving the gun lobby veto power over who would run the agency. Since then, the ATF has simply gone leaderless. No nominee has been confirmed by the Senate after that policy went into effect—not even President Bush's pick. Without job security, acting ATF directors have had none of the political capital needed to reform the agency or run it at full throttle."

Pony Boy 01-22-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3786313)
Let the propaganda begin.

Yes... the smell of hope

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yjXKzuh8FdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3786564)
We can do both. Doing one doesn't prevent you from doing the other. High taxes didn't stop job creation during the 90s.

So why isn't it working now? Maybe high taxes won't stop a booming economy, like our 90's ,com boom, but for sure it won't start one.

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 04:38 PM

LOL MotherJones is left wing J-O material.

Fedaykin 01-22-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3786748)

Care to dispute anything in particular or just happy to drop in with an ad hominem?

peacepipe 01-22-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3786742)
So why isn't it working now? Maybe high taxes won't stop a booming economy, like our 90's ,com boom, but for sure it won't start one.

It started one in the 90s,.com business had to pay those taxes also.

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 05:39 PM

Obama does nothing to create jobs in the private sector. All he wants is more money to spend to create jobs which just isn't healthy because it grows govt debt.

lonestar 01-22-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3786748)

Hey you know it I know it the lefties will never get it.

Way above their pay grade. Or maybe I should say above their welfare status.

Fedaykin 01-22-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3786796)
Hey you know it I know it the lefties will never get it.

Way above their pay grade. Or maybe I should say above their welfare status.

Like I said, what do you dispute?

IOW, put up or shut up.

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 09:47 PM

I dispute there is anything the ATF does wth more of our money that will make us safer. They are out looking for big time gun smugglers, people not paying tax on ciggs and alcohol, and checking on felons for possessing or trying to possess firearms. Really nothing in that mission is stop a person from going crazy and shooting up a school. So i dispute this issue has anything to do with the fact the NRA fights TO KEEP THE ATF FROM BEING A TOOL USED TO INFRINGE ON LAWFUL GUN OWNERS RIGHTS.

The mother jones article trying to connect these horrid crimes to the fact the atf didn't have a permanent director is a joke. They were off running guns to mexico not trying to keep schools safe so i don't want to hear your inane argument that because the ATF has been nuetered by the NRA we are unsafe.

In fact i agree with dismantling the ATF and giving there duties to other agencies. If the NRA stopped that then i would disagree with them. Still though it would not make me anymore safe or unsafe either way.

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 09:49 PM

Now Obama just game 10 million for CDC to investigate how gun violence occurs? Give me a break that won't make us safer either fed. Do you really think it will? You would be better off giving the 10 million to sme mental health facility that at least tries to help people. LOL at the notion the CDC will investigate guns and then we will be safer. That is the biggest load of liberal poo shoved out of Obamas ass yet.

cutthemdown 01-22-2013 09:50 PM

Hell give the 10 million to law enforcement that would at least put some cops on the street somewhere. Better yet don't spend it because we are ****ing broke. But hey whats a paltry 10 million? nothing to the Obamas?