The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OT: Anyone been to Jordan? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109942)

Chris 01-21-2013 10:45 AM

OT: Anyone been to Jordan?

And if so, is it safe?

If you go on the US state department site it says "yes, al qaeda is active", "yes, stay vigilant" or "yes, try to avoid leaving the cities". Then again, it says similar things about Bali too.

My buddies are doing a trip that involves some desert camping and what not. When I talk to Lebanese and Jordanian friends they all say it's completely safe.

Definitely makes sense to post this on a Denver Broncos message board but what the hey... other than cougar life this is the only board I visit.

Inkana7 01-21-2013 10:52 AM

I have a friend living there now. Says its safe and he loves it. Have a good time.

broncosteven 01-21-2013 11:06 AM

Of all the Middle Eastern states with dictators hasn't Jordan always been the most stable of the bunch?

Don't they have some great Summarian(? or really, really, dawn of humanity type old) temples there, I think Syria does too but you might want to stay away from there.

Don't they shoot a lot of Big Budget Hollywood movies there?

TheReverend 01-21-2013 11:08 AM

Good luck with your Beheading Goals in 2013.

broncosteven 01-21-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3785857)
Good luck with your Beheading Goals in 2013.

Chris should watch Ryan Reynolds in Buried before he goes.

Great Movie.

Chris 01-21-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3785855)
Of all the Middle Eastern states with dictators hasn't Jordan always been the most stable of the bunch?

Don't they have some great Summarian(? or really, really, dawn of humanity type old) temples there, I think Syria does too but you might want to stay away from there.

Don't they shoot a lot of Big Budget Hollywood movies there?

Yes

They shoot a ton of movies, especially at Petra. I was watching Indiana Jones over xmas and noticed they shot there.

http://grand-jo.com/files/image/gall...tra/Petra7.jpg

Rev to explore the most awesome desert ever and risk beheading or to behead yourself because you live in Jacksonville?

TheReverend 01-21-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3785882)
Rev to explore the most awesome desert ever and risk beheading or to behead yourself because you live in Jacksonville?

First, lol @ "most awesome desert ever".

...number of times you've been here?

Btw, it was in the 80s last week.

Chris 01-21-2013 12:42 PM

You got me on the temperature

But

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gdvbr-vZiD...t,+Jordan..jpg

https://d17tpoh2r6xvno.cloudfront.ne...68ab_thumb.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...sy3fo1_500.gif

TheReverend 01-21-2013 12:46 PM

Most guys your age are taking women to tropical locations instead of hitting up a desolate wasteland with a bunch of dudes, but whatever floats your boat man...

01-21-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3785842)
And if so, is it safe?

If you go on the US state department site it says "yes, al qaeda is active", "yes, stay vigilant" or "yes, try to avoid leaving the cities". Then again, it says similar things about Bali too.

My buddies are doing a trip that involves some desert camping and what not. When I talk to Lebanese and Jordanian friends they all say it's completely safe.

Definitely makes sense to post this on a Denver Broncos message board but what the hey... other than cougar life this is the only board I visit.

Jordan is pretty safe, probably not quite as safe as Kuwait but remain vigilant and don't act like a fat, arrogant American and you should have a great time.

19Morton77 01-21-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3785914)
Most guys your age are taking women to tropical locations instead of hitting up a desolate wasteland with a bunch of dudes, but whatever floats your boat man...

Yeah, wasnt there a dude here that went to Faguna Beach with all his buddies instead of some cool Spring Break place? I think the experience is cool as long as you 1) are safe and 2) have already done the places that rage ie. Rio and New Olreans. Jordan sounds like a complete opposite trip. They do have some pretty girls there so you might have that working for you.

Chris 01-21-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19Morton77 (Post 3785950)
Yeah, wasnt there a dude here that went to Faguna Beach with all his buddies instead of some cool Spring Break place? I think the experience is cool as long as you 1) are safe and 2) have already done the places that rage ie. Rio and New Olreans. Jordan sounds like a complete opposite trip. They do have some pretty girls there so you might have that working for you.

I'm either going to a festival filled with sluts in Croatia or a bachelor party in Stockholm later this year so my balls will survive provided they're not hacked off by angry terrorists.

So basically it's "go, have fun and there's a tiny chance someone will **** with you." I'm just nervous about that tiny chance. Got a week to decide.

19Morton77 01-21-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3785955)
I'm either going to a festival filled with sluts in Croatia or a bachelor party in Stockholm later this year so my balls will survive provided they're not hacked off by angry terrorists.

So basically it's "go, have fun and there's a tiny chance someone will **** with you." I'm just nervous about that tiny chance. Got a week to decide.

Go for it. If we dont see your posts after the trip, we can assume you are dead and won't be getting the Broncos every week in NY...or at least you won't be telling us about it. :yayaya:

Chris 01-21-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19Morton77 (Post 3785961)
Go for it. If we dont see your posts after the trip, we can assume you are dead and won't be getting the Broncos every week in NY...or at least you won't be telling us about it. :yayaya:

I guarantee you I will have Sunday Ticket in atheist heaven but will still find a way to post about coverage maps for NY vicariously THROUGH YOUR GUILT.

maven 01-21-2013 02:34 PM

How long are you going? And if you're going to Jordan you can link up Israel/Egypt. Depends on how much time you have.

bombay 01-21-2013 02:38 PM

The queen is an American woman, right?

Cool story.

Tombstone RJ 01-21-2013 02:44 PM

don't be like those tards who were backpacking is Iraq and accidentally crossed over into Iran and then were taken prisoner... lol at tards like that. One day you are in Jordon site seeing, the next day you are in Damascas with a bag over your head and and an AK pressing against the back of your skull.

Doggcow 01-21-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3785955)

Wait? People travel to get laid? But why?

There are more than enough vaginas right here. I assure you.

Meck77 01-21-2013 03:20 PM

Camping in Jordan? Huh....Did you score a lost treasure map or something? I'm more on Rev's wave length. Go to Costa Rica or something. Want an adventure off the beaten path and the most beautiful women in the world. UKRAINE!

19Morton77 01-21-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3786031)
Wait? People travel to get laid? But why?

There are more than enough vaginas right here. I assure you.

I heard some people went all the way to Amsterdam to almost get laid.

broncosteven 01-21-2013 03:52 PM

You guys almost make me wish I had youth, health, and Money shooting out my anus so I could almost get laid in Europe, the Middle East, and South America.

C130Herkload 01-21-2013 03:57 PM

Jordan is amazing. Been there many times. Amman is like any other big city with both the good and bad--keep an open mind. Its safe, but like any other place in that region, be on your toes and vigilant. No real issues to report, however. Lots to see and Petra is a wonder of the world. If you can make it to Aqqaba in the south, please do so. Well worth the effort. Have fun, Im envious and would go back in a second.

orange skier 01-21-2013 06:48 PM

Jordan is a great place to visit....we drove in from Israel.....an Israeli taxi took us to the border, and we had a Jordanian taxi take us into Amman. Petra is very much a must see.
There are some great roman ruin cities up north. Jordan is very safe....every hotel and restaurant has armed guards. Much like our country will soon. Lebanon is also fun to visit. Have a great time.

orange skier 01-21-2013 06:49 PM

Jordan is a great place to visit....we drove in from Israel.....an Israeli taxi took us to the border, and we had a Jordanian taxi take us into Amman. Petra is very much a must see.
There are some great roman ruin cities up north. Jordan is very safe....every hotel and restaurant has armed guards. Much like our country will soon. Lebanon is also fun to visit. Have a great time.

SoCalBronco 01-21-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19Morton77 (Post 3786064)
I heard some people went all the way to Amsterdam to almost get laid.

Smurf?