The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Obama Sworn In (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109928)

Rohirrim 01-20-2013 11:32 AM

Obama Sworn In

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/...a.grid-5x2.jpg

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...ite-house?lite

I will now play Nostradamus and tell you what America will look like four years from now.

In four years, the top five percent or so will be richer than they are now. Their lobbyists will win them more tax breaks and more deregulation. The overwhelming majority of Americans, who have no lobbyists working for them, will be worse off than they are now. More legislation will be written to favor whatever it is corporations want to do and the downward pressures and weakening of labor rights will continue.

Prices will go up while wages stagnate or drop. The working man's taxes will continue to go up, either through sneaky regulations, manipulation of currency, sales tax, or whatever. The majority will not be able to keep up with the rising price index on just about everything, especially commodities. More will do without what they used to take for granted. A box of cereal will be called an "envelope" of cereal, and will cost twice as much. In other words, the majority will continue to fall behind. Education and infrastructure will get worse as more wealth is shoveled to the rich. Expect more falling bridges like we had in Minnesota. Health insurance will continue to skyrocket and the mansions of insurance executives will proliferate. There will be a new place to send American troops in the name of corporate America and the military industrial complex. Who knows where? But it will be absolute necessary and urgent to respond to the terrifying crisis. Meanwhile, Guantanamo flourishes and drone technology gets improved. Soon to be flying over a neighborhood near you!

There will be numerous and sundry natural disasters, storms, forest fires, etc. Many will be killed. Many will lose their homes. Americans will continue to convince themselves that it's all just random bull**** that has nothing to do with the manner in which we live. Who knows? Maybe we'll see another major crop failure, like the flooding of the wheat crop in Pakistan that drove the Arab Spring?

In the media, there will be a continuous stream of deafening, relentless blather, argument, paranoia, and sham political free speech. You will be coerced to care deeply about invisible girlfriends, missing children, the new survivor, another sexy teacher fooling around with her students, or heinous murder after heinous murder. Politicians will rail, spit, holler, scream, flail in righteous indignation, accuse and deny accusations, and we will all stand, hand over our breasts, and salute the flag, secure in the knowledge that we is the bestest and the greatest symbol of feudalism to ever exist.

Ooops. Wait a minute. That's not it. That we are the land of the free and the home of the brave. Yeah. That's the ticket. :puff:

And Obama's last term will be as meaningful, and bring about as much change, as the transition from Bush to Obama was...

same as it ever was.

And in four years, a grey haired Obama will wave from the door of Marine One, on the way to a long retirement of golf with Clinton and Dubya at Augusta National and a nice retirement mansion in Maui. He will flash the V for victory, as the new president, Mitt Romney, candidate of change, moves in. Wall Street and the offshore banking industry will wipe a collective tear from their eye and get ready for the new regime. Hail Augustus!

Enjoy the game, sportsfans. :~ohyah!:

Rohirrim 01-20-2013 11:39 AM

Oh. And BTW. This take has nothing whatsoever to do with what happened last week at Mile High.

I'm pretty sure. :puff:

The Lone Bolt 01-20-2013 06:57 PM

My aren't you just a ray of sunshine. :sunshine:

Yep, you're playing Nostradamus alright. He never made an accurate prediction either.

cutthemdown 01-20-2013 10:28 PM

So we really will need our guns then?

lonestar 01-20-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3785601)
So we really will need our guns then?

I suspect you are closer to the facts than, ad nauseam
is..

Rohirrim 01-21-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3785625)
I suspect you are closer to the facts than, ad nausuesm is..

You have so much trouble with the language as it is. Why would you try to make up new words?

Rohirrim 01-21-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 3785381)
My aren't you just a ray of sunshine. :sunshine:

Yep, you're playing Nostradamus alright. He never made an accurate prediction either.

I thought about putting it into quatrains, but that's just too much work. ;D

Pony Boy 01-21-2013 08:41 AM

When U.S. President Barack Obama takes the oath of office, he will place his hand on two Bibles and add the words “So help me God” at the end.

President Barack Obama and his family are beginning inauguration day by attending services at St. John's Episcopal Church near the White House.

So WTF is going on here? This just has to make all the all the left wing nuts and God haters on the Mane want to puke.

Rohirrim 01-21-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 3785732)
When U.S. President Barack Obama takes the oath of office, he will place his hand on two Bibles and add the words “So help me God” at the end.

President Barack Obama and his family are beginning inauguration day by attending services at St. John's Episcopal Church near the White House.

So WTF is going on here? This just has to make all the all the left wing nuts and God haters on the Mane want to puke.

No. We realize that it is simply the rituals of an empty mythology, kept up for appearances sake. That which has no power is not worth bothering about. May Jupiter be with us.

Pony Boy 01-21-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3785743)
No. We realize that it is simply the rituals of an empty mythology, kept up for appearances sake. That which has no power is not worth bothering about. May Jupiter be with us.

Well, I'm glad you agree that the Obama family attending church service was just for appearances sake and a chance for Mrs. O and the kids to show off their designer clothes and new hairdos.

Rohirrim 01-21-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 3785769)
Well, I'm glad you agree that the Obama family attending church service was just for appearances sake and a chance for Mrs. O and the kids to show off their designer clothes and new hairdos.

It was different for Bush and his drunken daughters, wasn't it? He was a "real" Christian. Why? Because he agreed with your narrow, troglodyte politics. Ha!

Your hypocrite fascist political heroes will sing psalms in church on Sunday and cut lunch programs for poor children on Monday. It stinks to heaven.

gunns 01-21-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

And in four years, a grey haired Obama will wave from the door of Marine One, on the way to a long retirement of golf with Clinton and Dubya at Augusta National and a nice retirement mansion in Maui. He will flash the V for victory, as the new president, Jon Huntsman, Jr., candidate of change, moves in. Wall Street and the offshore banking industry will wipe a collective tear from their eye and get ready for the new regime. Hail Augustus!

Made a slight change for ya. Of course this is only if the GOP actually wakes up to their failures and make a change.

Pony Boy 01-21-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3785777)
It was different for Bush and his drunken daughters, wasn't it? He was a "real" Christian. Why? Because he agreed with your narrow, troglodyte politics. Ha!

Your hypocrite fascist political heroes will sing psalms in church on Sunday and cut lunch programs for poor children on Monday. It stinks to heaven.

The last time I was in a church (except for funerals) was 36 years ago when I was married so I'm not qualified to define what a real Christian is or isn't.

All I see today is how the press is really getting off on the Obama's attending church and how awesome Mrs. O looks in her designer dress and new hairdo. The liberal press is comparing Obama to Dr. Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln and the whole world is eating this stuff up.

So I guess it's ok to kick religion out of the schools and all government institutions but keep it as an important part of the Presidential Inauguration..........I see how this works

mosca 01-21-2013 09:59 AM

Good post, Ro. Glad to see something devoid of the typical R vs. D crap that's dominated this forum for the last year or so.

DenverBrit 01-21-2013 10:03 AM

To be fair, Obama had no choice but attend Church; his Mosque was closed for an Al Qaeda meeting and bible burning class.

Rohirrim 01-21-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3785808)
Made a slight change for ya. Of course this is only if the GOP actually wakes up to their failures and make a change.

Yeah. The next candidate for change is going after the change in our pockets. Ha!

alkemical 01-21-2013 12:52 PM

Serfs up!

Rohirrim 01-21-2013 02:32 PM

Actually, I'm not really engaging in any great feat of prognostication. I'm simply looking at the last thirty years and extrapolating it out another four.

Pony Boy 01-21-2013 03:03 PM

Attachment 32038

alkemical 01-21-2013 03:08 PM

Newsweek/Obama invoking Shiva http://fxn.ws/9N06vY

lonestar 01-21-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3785680)
You have so much trouble with the language as it is. Why would you try to make up new words?

wow another spelling cop. I'll just bet you feel superior..

ad nauseam was the word and so sorry it was done late at night on my iPhone with tired eyes..

crap happens, you self righteous internet thug..

lonestar 01-21-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 3785769)

A Zinger, I do say....

be careful the far left wackos are coming for you..

Rohirrim 01-21-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3786141)
wow another spelling cop. I'll just bet you feel superior..

ad nauseam was the word and so sorry it was done late at night on my iPhone with tired eyes..

crap happens, you self righteous internet thug..

Maybe if you stopped posting from the crapper you wouldn't sound like such a dumbass.

W*GS 01-21-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3786160)
Maybe if you stopped posting from the crapper you wouldn't sound like such a dumbass.

He just takes what lands in the bowl and shares it with us.

That One Guy 01-21-2013 08:00 PM

Over the last Christmas, I had a dawning moment when I realized I was taking from my family's long term future to continue to help dig my parents out of their own hole. Everytime I give them money, it's not going into a fund for a home or my kid's college fund. They just keep screwing up despite my best efforts so I'm done trying to help them.

I'm at the same point with Americans. I love the idea of America and Americans but until they learn the hard lessons on their own, there's nothing that can be done. Without connections, one man can't affect change. I'll try my damnedest to ensure my family always has food on the table and a shelter over their head but trying to convince people their political views are taking America down the wrong path... that's never going to accomplish anything.

Only when the world is turned upside down will people stop and actually care about anything.