The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NFL Draft Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Senior Bowl Week Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109923)

Requiem 01-19-2013 02:38 PM

Senior Bowl Week Thread
 
2013 Senior Bowl Week from Mobile Alabama

Senior Bowl kicks off next Saturday, so you know what that means. A week of the Senior Bowl workouts and practices. This thread is to discuss all that. Everyone feel free to share information, links, reports, videos, etc. Who are some of your prospects to watch out for at Mobile? This is a great time to see what we can look forward to come April. (On a side note: 73 underclassmen officially declared)

Link to Website For Official Rosters

I think the North has got some promising talent at WR, OL and DL. A few interesting guys at LB and DB. Not too overwhelmed with what the South has to offer, but they do have some quality players.

Broncos Draft Selections (Past Two Years Under Elway, Fox, Russell)

2011: Von Miller (1st Round) Nate Irving (3rd Round) Quinton Carter (4th Round) Jeremy Beal (7th Round)

2012: Derek Wolfe (2nd Round) Malik Jackson (5th Round)


So evidently, all of our selections since Elway from players at Mobile have been on the defensive side of the ball. Interesting. (Did not bother looking up previous trends.) Will continue to add to this thread.

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 10:48 AM

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...s-news-updates

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...s/Weigh-In.php

eddie mac 01-21-2013 12:24 PM

Are the Senior Bowl practices covered anywhere live on TV???

elsid13 01-21-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie mac (Post 3785902)
Are the Senior Bowl practices covered anywhere live on TV???

NFL channel starting at 1600 US eastern time.

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 12:36 PM

Malliciah Goodman
Clemson
6'3⅝ Height
272 Weight
35⅞ Arm
10⅞ Hands
87 W-Span

Crap he has long arms. Longest wingspan of any DL guy there.

Margus Hunt
S.M.U.
6'8 Height
277 Weight
33⅜ Arm
9⅝ Hand
82 W-Span

He is every bit 6'8". Would love to have either one of these guys working on the same side as Miller.

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 01:22 PM

It sucks the Raiders coaching staff is working this game.

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 01:27 PM

Trufant and Poyer have looked really good in man to man coverage so far today. None of the North LB's looked that great in coverage IMO.

Mat'hir Uth Gan 01-21-2013 01:39 PM

CB Will Davis has 6 inch hands. Nobody else is under 8 inches, and most are around 10 inches.

I kinda want to see what this looks like. He's relatively tall at 5'11 and has normal 31 inch arms.

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 01:43 PM

Datone Jones from UCLA looks real quick off the line. Okafor looks really good as well. Short looked good at DT, though from what I have seen so far Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern St. looks like a BEAST.

Brian Winters looks like he would be a real tough OG as would Long.

Mat'hir Uth Gan 01-21-2013 01:57 PM

Other thoughts from the weigh-in:

CB Sanders Commings checks in at 5'11, 223 lbs. He was listed at 6'3 at Georgia. Probably a safety now unless he runs faster than expected.

WR Aaron Dobson has 33 inch arms on a 6'2 frame and made quite a few highlight catches at Marshall. Someone to keep an eye on if he has any speed.

OTs Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson both checked in with excellent ht/wt and long arms. Both should be first round locks now that their physique matches their tape.

The OG group now probably includes Kyle Long and Dallas Thomas, and definitely includes Justin Pugh and Brian Winters.

DE Malliciah Goodman really looks the part. Doesn't really fit our defense though as a 43 Power End. Same with Hunt and Jones.

DTs Kawaan Short and Sylvester Williams showed up in shape with solid 32 inch arms. Brandon Williams was shorter than expected, and much fatter than expected.

LB Jamie Collins might be somebody to watch as a mid-round backup to Von Miller. Reddick checked in at a solid 6'1, 246. He's a big name for us if we miss out on Minter.

Short group of CBs this year. Only Blidi Wreh-Wilson checked in at 6'0.

Safety Baccari Rambo checked in taller and bigger than Shawn Williams. Wasn't expecting that. Rambo was 6'0, 214. Both Georgia safeties are legit options for us anywhere from Round 2 - Round 4. I like Rambo at that size.

pricejj 01-21-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan (Post 3785984)
DTs Kawaan Short and Sylvester Williams showed up in shape with solid 32 inch arms. Brandon Williams was shorter than expected, and much fatter than expected.

32" arms is actually below average for Defensive Lineman. It inhibits their ability to get off NFL blocks...and certainly hurts their draft stock a little bit. It will be interesting to see their strength and footspeed.

eddie mac 01-21-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 3785903)
NFL channel starting at 1600 US eastern time.

I presume that's completely different from NFL Network cos I can get it and it aint covering it.

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3786008)
32" arms is actually below average for Defensive Lineman. It inhibits their ability to get off NFL blocks...and certainly hurts their draft stock a little bit. It will be interesting to see their strength and footspeed.

In fact, with Short turning 24 in about a week, it almost assuredly pushes both into the 2nd round.

This pretty much takes Short (and Williams) off my list at #28.

I know you didn't watch any of the practice at all so what you think really doesn't matter much. Short had 33 and 3/4 arms FYI and Williams had 32 and 5/8 arms.

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan (Post 3785984)
Other thoughts from the weigh-in:

DE Malliciah Goodman really looks the part. Doesn't really fit our defense though as a 43 Power End. Same with Hunt and Jones.

How on earth can you say that when Goodman is the same size as Hunter, who was our starting DE before he got hurt moving Wolfe over?

01-21-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3785973)
Datone Jones from UCLA looks real quick off the line. Okafor looks really good as well. Short looked good at DT, though from what I have seen so far Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern St. looks like a BEAST.

Brian Winters looks like he would be a real tough OG as would Long.

I want to be on record as the poster who has FIRST talked up Brandon Williams! I should be working in a scouting department somewhere. John should have his people call my people!!

You weren't a fan of Reddick?

I only saw the end and it was slow paced minimal contact 11 on 11

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3786023)
I want to be on record as the poster who has FIRST talked up Brandon Williams! I should be working in a scouting department somewhere. John should have his people call my people!!

You weren't a fan of Reddick?

I only saw the end and it was slow paced minimal contact 11 on 11

Brandon Williams looked big and fast. Way faster then someone 340 pounds should be off the snap. Props to you for that.

I honestly didn't see Reddick in the one on one drills so that is my bad for saying what I said. I missed about 5 minutes or so. He looked good against the run in the last 11 on 11 drill.

The Texas WR looked really good too. I hate Texas players at the NFL level though, and yes Okafor was a monster as well.

01-21-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3786028)
Brandon Williams looked big and fast. Way faster then someone 340 pounds should be off the snap. Props to you for that.

I honestly didn't see Reddick in the one on one drills so that is my bad for saying what I said. I missed about 5 minutes or so. He looked good against the run in the last 11 on 11 drill.

The Texas WR looked really good too. I hate Texas players at the NFL level though, and yes Okafor was a monster as well.

Oakfor is so complete and he flys off the radar. But here's my issue.. If you take Oakfor we lose that size off the strong side. This would mean our DTs would have to be disruptive and our LBs physical.. I'm also not sure how our scheme would work with Oakfor at SDE..

I was hoping Williams would be there in the third for us.. But we may have to take him in the second..I guess we will see soon enough.

pricejj 01-21-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3786013)
I know you didn't watch any of the practice at all so what you think really doesn't matter much. Short had 33 and 3/4 arms FYI and Williams had 32 and 5/8 arms.

Ah. Thanks for the actual arm lengths...it helps paint the picture on how Kawann Short was so successful in college.

Put Kawann Short squarely back into the 1st round.

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3786034)
Oakfor is so complete and he flys off the radar. But here's my issue.. If you take Oakfor we lose that size off the strong side. This would mean our DTs would have to be disruptive and our LBs physical.. I'm also not sure how our scheme would work with Oakfor at SDE..

I was hoping Williams would be there in the third for us.. But we may have to take him in the second..I guess we will see soon enough.

Okafor looked fast, strong and a motor that didn't quit. My issue is Mack Brown players seemed to be over hyped and don't do well the NFL.

Goodman has damn near a 88 inch wingspan and he had the biggest hands and arms out of the group. He to me is a better fit for SDE then Okafor.

sgbfan 01-21-2013 03:13 PM

Are you watching DB4life? How did Ziggy Ansah look?

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3786038)
Ah. Thanks for the actual arm lengths...it helps paint the picture on how Kawann Short was so successful in college.

Put Kawann Short squarely back into the 1st round.

Short is a fridge guy.

DBroncos4life 01-21-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgbfan (Post 3786046)
Are you watching DB4life? How did Ziggy Ansah look?

He is on the South side I think they practice tomorrow or I missed the South practice. I will be watching it tomorrow as well and I have the recap set to be recorded so I could let you know later maybe.

pricejj 01-21-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3786048)
Short is a fridge guy.

Do you think he would be an immediate upgrade over Vickerson? Sounds like he is to me...I bet he's pretty strong considering his production.

I think the Broncos are going to have to trade up to #20-#22 to get their guy, whether it's Minter, Short, Rhodes, Okafor (or whomever).

They should easily be able to do it by packaging a 4th rounder (just like the Patriots did last year). I doubt they have enough draft savvy to pull it off, though.

sgbfan 01-21-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3786057)
He is on the South side I think they practice tomorrow or I missed the South practice. I will be watching it tomorrow as well and I have the recap set to be recorded so I could let you know later maybe.

Thanks. Interested to see what his stock does after this week. I don't think he'll be around for the Broncos pick, not that he would be a need anyway.

pricejj 01-21-2013 03:43 PM

Shoot, with 33 3/4" arms...Short should be top 20. I don't care how old he is. He's played consistently well over his entire college career.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.