The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Well guys... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109901)

TheReverend 01-17-2013 05:39 AM

Well guys...
 
The season's over and after some time to reflect, here are my thoughts about the game:

I thought overall Plummer played a good game, but 3 turnovers are still 3 turnovers (whether semi-gifted by the refs or not) and we need headier play.

It was nice having Dan Neil back in the lineup, but it looked like his injuries really affected him out there.

Roc Alexander just got abused ALL game long.

Jashon Sykes generated zero pressure.

Pryce also disappeared when we needed him to come through.

I can't believe Nick Ferguson whiffed on that ball... he catches that and game over.

...But really, this game falls on Coyer. He generated ZERO pressure while giving up easy completions all day long.

theAPAOps5 01-17-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3783451)
The season's over and after some time to reflect, here are my thoughts about the game:

I thought overall Plummer played a good game, but 3 turnovers are still 3 turnovers (whether semi-gifted by the refs or not) and we need headier play.

It was nice having Dan Neil back in the lineup, but it looked like his injuries really affected him out there.

Roc Alexander just got abused ALL game long.

Jashon Sykes generated zero pressure.

Pryce also disappeared when we needed him to come through.

I can't believe Nick Ferguson whiffed on that ball... he catches that and game over.

...But really, this game falls on Coyer. He generated ZERO pressure while giving up easy completions all day long.

Holy **** they are perfect doppelgangers.......... For one horrific game that is.

That One Guy 01-17-2013 06:03 AM

LOL...

Kaylore 01-17-2013 06:08 AM

I can't believe Champ let Hines catch that pass.

CEH 01-17-2013 06:53 AM

I predict it will be be 8 more years before we get a golden shot like this again

Rohirrim 01-17-2013 07:29 AM

The only one who came to play on defense was The Predator.

jmz313 01-17-2013 07:45 AM

At least we touched their WRs down on every "tackle".

ColoradoDarin 01-17-2013 07:48 AM

sadface

RhymesayersDU 01-17-2013 08:07 AM

:)

Dr. Broncenstein 01-17-2013 10:20 AM

Somehow this seems less disappointing than 2006. Maybe it's because New England was in the rear view and Peyton was out of the way.

gyldenlove 01-17-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3783597)
Somehow this seems less disappointing than 2006. Maybe it's because New England was in the rear view and Peyton was out of the way.

I think this is less disappointing than 2006 because there is a general feeling we will be back next year. In 2006 I felt the record did not match the overall talent of the team, much like last year, but this year it feels like the team has a good talent level and can go back to the playoffs again barring major injuries so there will be another chance - I guess the other thing is that we didn't get outplayed, in 2006 the Steelers were just better than us but I don't think anyone in their right mind would say the Ravens were better than us in that game.

Rabb 01-17-2013 10:29 AM

too soon

too ****ing soon

01-17-2013 10:32 AM

My wife told me I was dropping f-bombs in my sleep last night. I am pretty sure it was related to last Saturday.

Irish Stout 01-17-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3783597)
Somehow this seems less disappointing than 2006. Maybe it's because New England was in the rear view and Peyton was out of the way.

I disagree 4000%. This was the most frustrating game I've ever seen in any sport at any level and was second most disappointing game to 1996. 2006 was disappointing, but it just never felt like we were that completely solid through and through like we felt in 1996 and 2012.

2006, the year of the roll out.

TheReverend 01-17-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3783597)
Somehow this seems less disappointing than 2006. Maybe it's because New England was in the rear view and Peyton was out of the way.

^ that. And it was one game removed from the big dance.

THIS had a juggernaut Pats team that we haven't beaten in quite some time staring us in the face and, if that hurdle was cleared, a 49ers team capable of generating post-season pressure and a QB that runs the Tebow-system a hundred times better than he did... Any confidence this Denver D could've played assignment football against that level of quality?

In 2006 (05 season), I was SURE we were winning the Superbowl... weak NFC and Pitt at home.

:/

gunns 01-17-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3783597)
Somehow this seems less disappointing than 2006. Maybe it's because New England was in the rear view and Peyton was out of the way.

Although I have very high hopes for next year and my patience is holding me together, this year was much more disappointing. The talent level was there, whereas in 2006, I was one that just did not believe in Plummer, especially after that divisional game and then going against the Steelers D. Thank heavens it's all in the past and the future looks much brighter than it did in 2006.

Requiem 01-17-2013 12:22 PM

Revgold.

Kaylore 01-17-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3783597)
Somehow this seems less disappointing than 2006. Maybe it's because New England was in the rear view and Peyton was out of the way.

And because we would have been able to play an above average Seahags team for the whole burrito.

Eldorado 01-17-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3783634)
^ that. And it was one game removed from the big dance.

THIS had a juggernaut Pats team that we haven't beaten in quite some time staring us in the face and, if that hurdle was cleared, a 49ers team capable of generating post-season pressure and a QB that runs the Tebow-system a hundred times better than he did... Any confidence this Denver D could've played assignment football against that level of quality?

In 2006 (05 season), I was SURE we were winning the Superbowl... weak NFC and Pitt at home.

:/

This is all just a cleverly disguised Macgruder troll thread, isn't it?

Taco John 01-17-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3783451)
The season's over and after some time to reflect, here are my thoughts about the game:

I thought overall Plummer played a good game, but 3 turnovers are still 3 turnovers (whether semi-gifted by the refs or not) and we need headier play.

It was nice having Dan Neil back in the lineup, but it looked like his injuries really affected him out there.

Roc Alexander just got abused ALL game long.

Jashon Sykes generated zero pressure.

Pryce also disappeared when we needed him to come through.

I can't believe Nick Ferguson whiffed on that ball... he catches that and game over.

...But really, this game falls on Coyer. He generated ZERO pressure while giving up easy completions all day long.


Remind me to move this epic post to the Ring of Fame in due time... I literally choked on my monster drink while reading this.

TheReverend 01-17-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3783768)
Remind me to move this epic post to the Ring of Fame in due time... I literally choked on my monster drink while reading this.

True Ring of Fame is my post history, so whatever :wave:

mkporter 01-17-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3783457)
I can't believe Champ let Hines catch that pass.

Blatant offensive PI. Agree though, a pick-6 there, and the broncos win the Super Bowl.

McDman 01-17-2013 04:32 PM

I've said it before, I never thought this was our year. Next year we're going to get the 4 seed and win it all.

titan 01-17-2013 04:41 PM

2006 was more disappointing to me. We were playing a #6 seed at home with a rookie qb who wasn't totally healthy. Whoever wins beats the inexperienced Seahawks in the SB. After defeating New England in the division round I thought a Bronco win over the Steelers was a sure thing. The only AFC Championship game loss at home for the Broncos.

01-17-2013 04:41 PM

Tough question. I feel this year's team was better and was playing like the best team in the league by far, so on that note this was more gut wrenching. Add to it the referees and its worse.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.