The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ron Milus - He Gone! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109879)

Lestat 01-15-2013 05:07 PM

Ron Milus - He Gone!

Denver Broncos: Defensive backs coach Ron Milus has been dismissed.
Coaching Search Ticker

Broncos give defensive backs coach Ron Milus the boot

Tombstone RJ 01-15-2013 05:14 PM

not a big suprise.

01-15-2013 05:15 PM

So he was to blame for Moore being an idiot. Ok.

How much influence did he have in bringing carter and Harris along? He's the scapegoat.

24champ 01-15-2013 05:16 PM

I'd like Todd Bowles to replace him if he gets let go in Philly.

orinjkrush 01-15-2013 05:16 PM

its called responsibility. the buck stops....somewhere.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-15-2013 05:20 PM

He may be a scapegoat, but well...maybe that was just an excuse to get rid of him. Another thing on Rahim's conscience!

extralife 01-15-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3782562)
So he was to blame for Moore being an idiot. Ok.

How much influence did he have in bringing carter and Harris along? He's the scapegoat.

yeah, this is pretty dumb. our secondary overachieved this year, our young players developed, and our depth was effective. either coaching matters, or it doesn't. if it does, you keep this guy. the goal is to win games, not flex your muscles in front of stupid fans.

Lestat 01-15-2013 05:27 PM

i'm curious to know if maybe there were some philosophical differences with he and Del Rio as well as the gaffe by Moore.
but once again, why was the DB who was initially covering Jones 6-7 yards away from him and Moore the closest player?

pricejj 01-15-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3782562)

How much influence did he have in bringing carter and Harris along?

Chris Harris has always been a good player and was a team captain at Kansas. Carter sucks, and was walking as Jacoby Jones caught the ball.

24champ 01-15-2013 05:30 PM

This looks like JDR's call.

It's been a few days since the game and I am sure JDR and Fox went over the tape and saw something they didn't like, and maybe there was a breakdown that was Milus fault.

Lestat 01-15-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3782573)
Chris Harris has always been a good player and was a team captain at Kansas. Carter sucks, and was walking as Jacoby Jones caught the ball.

i thought it was Carter on the play covering jones but i wasn't sure. wasn't able to watch the game, just highlights and most of them show only the 2 clearly.

Hamrob 01-15-2013 05:32 PM

Good move. The secondary laid an egg when it mattered the very most. Getting beat for 3 deep balls...when your opponent had trouble getting 1st downs is unforgivable!

Good riddance!

Hale Elway/Bowlen for pulling the trigger!!!

KipCorrington25 01-15-2013 05:33 PM

Good, glad someone is being held accountable let's not stop there...

pricejj 01-15-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 3782572)
i'm curious to know if maybe there were some philosophical differences with he and Del Rio as well as the gaffe by Moore.
but once again, why was the DB who was initially covering Jones 6-7 yards away from him and Moore the closest player?

That was Tony Carter. I knew he would fail us in the playoffs, and he did.

Rohirrim 01-15-2013 05:49 PM

You either fire the player or the coach in this situation. Now at least, Rahim Moore knows that his stupidity on the field has repercussions off the field. Hopefully, he grows the **** up. And Milus deserves it anyway. That was a piss poor performance. I still wonder why JDR didn't call a time out prior to that play. Did he not see where the secondary was lined up? Everybody and his brother knew a Hail Mary was coming. Where's JDR's flogging?

UberBroncoMan 01-15-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3782590)
You either fire the player or the coach in this situation. Now at least, Rahim Moore knows that his stupidity on the field has repercussions off the field. Hopefully, he grows the **** up. And Milus deserves it anyway. That was a piss poor performance. I still wonder why JDR didn't call a time out prior to that play. Did he not see where the secondary was lined up? Everybody and his brother knew a Hail Mary was coming. Where's JDR's flogging?

Lower lever minions first.

01-15-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 (Post 3782580)
Good, glad someone is being held accountable let's not stop there...

Who would be next on the chopping block if it were up to you?

Lestat 01-15-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3782590)

everyone on the damn team deserves some blame. but JDR did a masterful job turning around this defense in one season. the improvement started with Allen but JDR took it to a whole 'nother level of improvement.
we need to infuse more talent into the D though. the MLB and SS(i know Moore is a FS and blew it) issues were exposed greatly in this game(secondary CB as well)

BigPlayShay 01-15-2013 06:00 PM

http://dpo.st/V3kJ2T

Replacement already hired - Cory Undlin

theAPAOps5 01-15-2013 06:07 PM

That was a "someone is getting fired" category mistake. I think its very reasonable that the DB's coach is the someone. That mistake was too horrific to fully ignore.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-15-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPlayShay (Post 3782603)

A Del Rio guy...i wont pretend to know anything about this dude

Lestat 01-15-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

this tells me Del Rio wanted more control over his staff in certain areas. or that he at least butted heads with Milus over philosophical issues.
otherwise we'd have taken a lot longer to hire the replacement and done a more national search.

theAPAOps5 01-15-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 3782613)
this tells me Del Rio wanted more control over his staff in certain areas. or that he at least butted heads with Milus over philosophical issues.
otherwise we'd have taken a lot longer to hire the replacement and done a more national search.

The statement that he had clashed with players the past two years is telling too. Although I also think the timing was very much done to give up some accountability for Saturday.

I wonder just how much he clashed with players. Porter and his comments coupled with "unnamed" sources saying his attitude was bad, Raheem Moore getting mentally beat down last year (although I heard on radio that was more Allen) and several other little tidbits seems to support there was some issues.

DBroncos4life 01-15-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

He has Patriot stench on him :)

Lestat 01-15-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3782616)
The statement that he had clashed with players the past two years is telling too. Although I also think the timing was very much done to give up some accountability for Saturday.

I wonder just how much he clashed with players. Porter and his comments coupled with "unnamed" sources saying his attitude was bad, Raheem Moore getting mentally beat down last year (although I heard on radio that was more Allen) and several other little tidbits seems to support there was some issues.

it will definitely be interesting to see the difference in play of the secondary next year. i wonder if the secondary is more safe or more risk taking.