The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   So 2 out of our 3 Division opponenents (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109866)

LetsGoBroncos 01-15-2013 07:17 AM

So 2 out of our 3 Division opponenents

will have head coaches that were our coordinators. LaCanfora is reporting McCoy to San Diego is almost done

ColoradoDarin 01-15-2013 07:24 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/23465591.jpg

Mile High 81 01-15-2013 07:25 AM

I just hope that he plays out the same way allen did on oakland. that would be very very nice.

TheReverend 01-15-2013 07:39 AM

Ha!

And here I'd been nervous since they fired Norv that they'd make a massive upgrade with Arians. McCoy is a lateral move with Norv.

Priceless, San Diego. Priceless.

Greatspirits 01-15-2013 09:34 AM

They all want to be like the Bronx!

Kaylore 01-15-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3782005)
Ha!

And here I'd been nervous since they fired Norv that they'd make a massive upgrade with Arians. McCoy is a lateral move with Norv.

I disagree.

boltaneer 01-15-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3782005)
Ha!

Funny, Arians was not a popular choice among Charger fans. McCoy wasn't really either though. Seemed like Bradley was the popular choice.

TheReverend 01-15-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3782146)
I disagree.

Okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltaneer (Post 3782150)
Funny, Arians was not a popular choice among Charger fans. McCoy wasn't really either though. Seemed like Bradley was the popular choice.

Arians and Reid were the only two I REALLY didn't want in division. I'm taking solace in SD's colossal blunder accompanying the comedy of lulz in Oakland.

Tombstone RJ 01-15-2013 10:21 AM

I really thought McCoy would end up in Chicago. I wonder if Arians will end up in Chicago now?

Kaylore 01-15-2013 10:23 AM

Say what you want about Fox and Elway, but they seem to find coaches that the rest of the league thinks are pretty good. Whether they are right or not is up for debate, but what does that say to coordinators looking for a job if coming here eventually finds you getting interviewed as a head coach somewhere?

ColoradoDarin 01-15-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3782172)
I really thought McCoy would end up in Chicago. I wonder if Arians will end up in Chicago now?

Nobody wants to deal with Cutler.... Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ 01-15-2013 10:31 AM

I like the idea that the Broncos are perceived around the NFL as one of the premier teams to work for and I think Elway is doing a great job in re-establishing the Broncos as one of the premier NFL teams. Working with Manning certainly has to be enticing as well.

Beantown Bronco 01-15-2013 10:38 AM

Just because

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8pBi69gqVO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

boltaneer 01-15-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3782157)
Okay.

Arians and Reid were the only two I REALLY didn't want in division. I'm taking solace in SD's colossal blunder accompanying the comedy of lulz in Oakland.

So, you are glad the Chargers didn't get Arians. I'm glad they didn't as well. :flower:

We'll see what happens and if Arians even gets a job anywhere (still a few openings left).

I don't have much of an opinion on Allen yet. It's only been one year and he's been hampered with no draft picks last year. He's going to need a couple of more years to be given a fair chance there.

01-15-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3782173)
Say what you want about Fox and Elway, but they seem to find coaches that the rest of the league thinks are pretty good. Whether they are right or not is up for debate, but what does that say to coordinators looking for a job if coming here eventually finds you getting interviewed as a head coach somewhere?

McCoy was McDaniels' offensive coordinator, but the new staff deserves credit for retaining him.

broncosteven 01-15-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWheatGrower (Post 3782202)
McCoy was McDaniels' offensive coordinator, but the new staff deserves credit for retaining him.

McCoy worked under Fox for years Carolina, not a reach that he was retained when Fox took over.

I think mCcoy is closer to becoming a good HC than Allen is. The only thing that scares me about mCCoy is that he has adapted to his players and learned what not to do under mCd and how to be professional under Fox. Can see SD going 8-8 or better next year. Plus mCC knows the total skinny about PM so he can build a D designed to attack his weaknesses the best.

Hate that 2 of our OC's went to divisional rivals, glad neither went to kFc. Reid will be trying to figure out how to break down AFC teams and Oakland and SD will have coaches from the Division who know how to beat each other.

TheReverend 01-15-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltaneer (Post 3782198)
So, you are glad the Chargers didn't get Arians. I'm glad they didn't as well. :flower:

We'll see what happens and if Arians even gets a job anywhere (still a few openings left).

I don't have much of an opinion on Allen yet. It's only been one year and he's been hampered with no draft picks last year. He's going to need a couple of more years to be given a fair chance there.

Allen is the coach and not the GM and Oakland was one of, if not THE, most undisciplined, penalized, mismanaged, and underperforming teams in the NFL.

Kid A 01-15-2013 11:40 AM

If they go to naming divisions after people, like hockey used to, I guess this is officially the Fox division.

boltaneer 01-15-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3782243)
Allen is the coach and not the GM and Oakland was one of, if not THE, most undisciplined, penalized, mismanaged, and underperforming teams in the NFL.

Yeah, they should just keep hiring new HCs every year...

Lestat 01-15-2013 04:08 PM

i think Allen will do well in Oakland. they had a crappy roster filled with idiots and malcontents. plus they were still handicapped by that Carson Palmer trade.
this year McKenzie and co will get to retool the roster more and Allen will have new coaches to smarten up the draftees.

01-15-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 3782492)
i think Allen will do well in Oakland. they had a crappy roster filled with idiots and malcontents. plus they were still handicapped by that Carson Palmer trade.
this year McKenzie and co will get to retool the roster more and Allen will have new coaches to smarten up the draftees.

I think McKenzie is a capable personnel guy, but I was a little underwhelmed by Allen's coaching moves on the ground level.

The Raiders scraped Hue Jackson's playbook which posted a top five offensive ranking in 2011 and hired a rethread in Greg Knapp that brought in the west coast system and the running game never got going. They also parted ways with esteemed offensive line coach Bob Wylie and one year later his replacement is already gone. So far, Allen hasn't shown me that he is willing to adapt to his talent. He's pretty stuck in his ways if you ask me.

Tombstone RJ 01-15-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWheatGrower (Post 3782496)
I think McKenzie is a capable personnel guy, but I was a little underwhelmed by Allen's coaching moves on the ground level.

The Raiders scraped Hue Jackson's playbook which posted a top five offensive ranking in 2011 and hired a rethread in Greg Knapp that brought in the west coast system and the running game never got going. They also parted ways with esteemed offensive line coach Bob Wylie and one year later his replacement is already gone. So far, Allen hasn't shown me that he is willing to adapt to his talent. He's pretty stuck in his ways if you ask me.

Gotta agree on this. Carson Palmer is not a west coast system guy, at all. The faiders are stuck with Palmer for another year due to his contract so why not try and win with the QB you got? The faiders had some talent, the cupboards were not bare.