The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NFL Live 1/14/2013 Ravens get away with practice kick (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109860)

broncosteven 01-14-2013 05:45 PM

NFL Live 1/14/2013 Ravens get away with practice kick

Anyone else see today's NFL live?

Apparently at the end of the 5th Quarter the Ravens sent their kicker out for a practice kick. I thought this was not allowed outside of pre-game and at the half? He barely made the kick as it was.

Trey Wingo and Mangini both agreed this was against the rules.

If they did drop a flag (which the officals were loath to do vs the Ravens most of the night) should it have been a 15 yard Foul or 10 yard delay of game?

I don't like complaining about poor officiating but it is clear that they not only missed the Decker tipped INT returned for a TD and the Carter PI which was questionable at best, then there are the 3 holding calls on run plays...etc...The Broncos should file a grievance at the least.

Funny how Gumble and Dierdorf didn't point this out out of the break. This is as bad as the Pat's clearing the snow for the kicker back in the 80's.

spdirty 01-14-2013 05:48 PM

They did point it out.

Bronco Yoda 01-14-2013 05:50 PM

Too bad no one on our side took the initiative to physically stop them. I wonder if the raven players would have let us get away with that on their turf?

UberBroncoMan 01-14-2013 05:50 PM

Wonder if our bench made a big deal about it, or noticed it. That's ****ed up that they got a free kick.

Cito Pelon 01-14-2013 05:52 PM

Coach Fox just said the ST coach did notice it and was yelling at the Side Judge, but they just ignored him.

R8R H8R 01-14-2013 05:53 PM

i heard someone on the radio say it is against the rules, but it is not penalized. Fox said he informed the refs, but by the time they told him to leave the field, he already got 1 practice kick.

go_broncos 01-14-2013 05:59 PM

Worst officiating crew..They tried their best so that Ravens can win the game and they succeeded.

broncosteven 01-14-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3781630)
i heard someone on the radio say it is against the rules, but it is not penalized. Fox said he informed the refs, but by the time they told him to leave the field, he already got 1 practice kick.

A grievance with the league better be filed.

01-14-2013 06:00 PM

they got away with more than just a free practice kick.

Ratboy 01-14-2013 06:03 PM

We were robbed at gun point and nothing was done to stop it.

**** this ****.

Cito Pelon 01-14-2013 06:05 PM

Yeah, they did. That little leg-whip on DThomas was sort of ignored.

troyjbath 01-14-2013 06:06 PM

Yep, and Tucker continued to practice kicks during the pre-game armed forces ceremony. They had to go around him. It was a Bush league move. There were quite a few of us in the stands that were pissed.

ZONA 01-14-2013 06:14 PM

If it's not penalized then what's the point in having the rule. That's just insane. If you enforce it with a real penalty, then you won't see anybody doing it again. That's why he went out there. If it's a penalty, he doesn't go out there. Obviously this needs to be addressed in the rules offseason.

enjolras 01-14-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troyjbath (Post 3781644)
Yep, and Tucker continued to practice kicks during the pre-game armed forces ceremony. They had to go around him. It was a Bush league move. There were quite a few of us in the stands that were pissed.

That happens all the time tho.

troyjbath 01-14-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3781674)
That happens all the time tho.

Not to the extent of what happened on Saturday. I've never seen anything like it. They were marching onto the field in formation and he was right in their path. Tucker and 5 or 6 trainers didn't move.

TonyR 01-14-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3781630)

I read the same thing yesterday. They're supposed to stop it but there isn't a penalty for it.

I really hope somebody puts together a video compilation of all the calls/non-calls Denver got jobbed on. That would really be something to see.

Jetmeck 01-14-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3781704)
I read the same thing yesterday. They're supposed to stop it but there isn't a penalty for it.

I really hope somebody puts together a video compilation of all the calls/non-calls Denver got jobbed on. That would really be something to see.

Ya know I agree with ya we got hosed by the officials but if we whine about every little call or no call we are gonna look like a little biatch especially after the way we played on offense and defense.

ST was great ecept for Prater.............hitting the ground before the ball.........really ?

MplsBronco 01-14-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda (Post 3781624)
Too bad no one on our side took the initiative to physically stop them. I wonder if the raven players would have let us get away with that on their turf?

This. Adams just stood by and watched. Why wouldn't you stand in the way and block it? F em.

ozomulsion 01-14-2013 08:24 PM

We lost because we played our worst game of the season, along with bad play calls and "Rahim the Dream" turning into a nightmare. Get over the practice kicks.

Dr. Broncenstein 01-14-2013 08:30 PM

All that needed to happen was for one of our players to stand right in the way. I was yelling that at the TV. Everyone just stood there crying like a bunch of girls. Get in the way.

McDman 01-14-2013 08:31 PM

There is no penalty for it so it is a moot point.

Cito Pelon 01-14-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3781756)
All that needed to happen was for one of our players to stand right in the way. I was yelling that at the TV. Everyone just stood there crying like a bunch of girls. Get in the way.

Yup.

Dr. Broncenstein 01-14-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDman (Post 3781757)
There is no penalty for it so it is a moot point.

There is no penalty for our players physically blocking an illegal practice kick. Better yet, kick the ball away from the holder while the opposing kicker lines up.

maher_tyler 01-14-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3781621)
Anyone else see today's NFL live?

Apparently at the end of the 5th Quarter the Ravens sent their kicker out for a practice kick. I thought this was not allowed outside of pre-game and at the half? He barely made the kick as it was.

Trey Wingo and Mangini both agreed this was against the rules.

If they did drop a flag (which the officals were loath to do vs the Ravens most of the night) should it have been a 15 yard Foul or 10 yard delay of game?

I don't like complaining about poor officiating but it is clear that they not only missed the Decker tipped INT returned for a TD and the Carter PI which was questionable at best, then there are the 3 holding calls on run plays...etc...The Broncos should file a grievance at the least.

Funny how Gumble and Dierdorf didn't point this out out of the break. This is as bad as the Pat's clearing the snow for the kicker back in the 80's.

They did point it out. As they were coming off the break. After how bad the game was officiated I didn't even care at that point. The refs had already left their mark on the game at that point.

R8R H8R 01-14-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3781763)
There is no penalty for our players physically blocking an illegal practice kick. Better yet, kick the ball away from the holder while the opposing kicker lines up.

Better yet, pull a "Lucy" to the kicker's "Charlie Brown" and let him fall on his ***.