The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What changes would you like to see in our offensive philosophy? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109858)

ozomulsion 01-14-2013 03:52 PM

What changes would you like to see in our offensive philosophy?

I would love to see us move our receivers around much more. Decker in the slot, and even DT learning the slot position seems like it could be deadly.

I would also love to see us use more bunch formations, as it is a way to confuse defenses with a simple formation change.

I would also love to see a more inventive running scheme. More of a mix between draw plays, stretch plays, toss plays, and (Gasp) maybe even some counter plays.

Of course we need a more explosive RB with some power, but that's for a different thread.

broncobum6162 01-14-2013 04:08 PM

GET RID OF McCOY IS A GREAT START!

Bronco Yoda 01-14-2013 04:48 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_SS500_.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton 01-14-2013 04:51 PM

I'd love to see more offensive sets with Trindon Holliday involved. Even if it's just 1-2 a game. Guy can be a difference maker when put in space.

01-14-2013 04:52 PM

Absolutely nothing. I just want to see upgraded players at RB and OL. I would like more speed out of the slot WR too. Willis sucks and I think Stokley retires.

DBroncos4life 01-14-2013 05:00 PM

NONE My god people Manning hasn't even been a Broncos for one year. Instead of letting the team gel you guys want to make even more changes. Hilarious!

Crushaholic 01-14-2013 05:07 PM

We had been doing just fine, on offense, until Sunday. It reminded me of 2005, when Jake Plummer decided to play his worst game when it counted...

WolfpackGuy 01-14-2013 05:23 PM

Downfield passing in short yardage situations.

More athleticism at TE, but that's not really a philosophy change as much as a personnel upgrade.

Force the ball to DT more.

Hell, all the other teams with a big nasty at WR make sure they get the ball.

BroncoBen 01-14-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncobum6162 (Post 3781546)
GET RID OF McCOY IS A GREAT START!

Well I have a truck and dolly to help clear his office at Dove Valley, I'm sure I could find a few people to lend some muscle to lend a hand.

Dr. Broncenstein 01-14-2013 05:31 PM

Freak TE, interior OL upgrade, Holiday out of the backfield or slot for 5-10 touches per game, and a set of testicles.

troyjbath 01-14-2013 05:39 PM

I wouldn't change much. A stud running back and younger faster slot receiver would be the only things I'd put on my wish list. McGahee and Moreno are both way too injury prone. I'd love for Stokely to stick around, but I don't think he has much left in the tank.

spdirty 01-14-2013 05:40 PM

Tom Moore and Peyton Manning with complete and total control of the offense, including ALL 4th down decisions, as well as decision making ability over whether we kneel or go for it.

I'd like a co-coach situation, where Manning/Moore run the offense, and Fox takes the headset off when the offense is out there, and Fox/Del Rio run the defense, with Fox as the figurehead of the team.

broncosteven 01-14-2013 05:53 PM

I would like to see us add a FB and use more I formation plays or use an Hback that we can motion out of the backfield and get the D to declare their coverage early.

I am not a fan of running out of the shotgun in a single back set, it was fine when Tebow was a threat to run. If they want to run out of the gun they can implement a pistol type formation giving our backs a lead blocker that can adapt to the D and open holes closer to our RB's.

We can still run power pulls and traps like they have been but I think unless you have a stud with speed and power and low center of gravity you need a lead blocker that can seal off blocks out of the back field.

oubronco 01-14-2013 05:54 PM

I'd like to see them attack the seam 15-20 yds more, some more crossing patterns deeper than 5 yds, Drag routes, 4 wr sets with a better run scheme would be nice as well

And Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huh?? 01-14-2013 05:59 PM

More of a "killer instinct" mentality to put games away early, and an attitude to maintain dominance until the final whistle. I wouldn't mind it at all if the Broncos run up the score to (figuratively) stomp on the throats of the other teams. This is football. No need to be nice.

eddie mac 01-14-2013 06:12 PM

Peyton's first year with the team and we average 30 points a game. I reckon we hit 35 next year.

huh?? 01-14-2013 06:14 PM

Also... Maybe more fun trick plays. Remember when Rod Smith threw that pass to Elway? Decker's a lefty, but he CAN throw. He did at least once last season. ...just sayin'.

broncosteven 01-14-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3781612)
Freak TE, interior OL upgrade, Holiday out of the backfield or slot for 5-10 touches per game, and a set of testicles.

They have done this with Holiday at least one game in the past, I bet we see more of Holiday in the slot this coming season after having a full TC to work him in. Nothing big or full time, just a small package to get the most out of his speed a few times a game.

I think our TE's are above avg. I already asked for a C to groom.

We need to stop playing lip service to the run and start protecting PM with a legit well designed rushing attack.

broncosteven 01-14-2013 06:17 PM

I think we need to consider some serious competition for Prater also, just something so he doesn't have a late season meltdown and knows in Camp that he doesn't have the job "locked up".

broncosteven 01-14-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huh?? (Post 3781655)
Also... Maybe more fun trick plays. Remember when Rod Smith threw that pass to Elway? Decker's a lefty, but he CAN throw. He did at least once last season. ...just sayin'.

At least one LT screen every game inside the red zone!

LOL

Ratboy 01-14-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie mac (Post 3781652)
Peyton's first year with the team and we average 30 points a game. I reckon we hit 35 next year.

This team is only going to get better and that is how I am justifying this loss.

huh?? 01-14-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3781661)
At least one LT screen every game inside the red zone!

LOL

Yeah! Develop a ton of trick plays. It might be interesting if Denver becomes known for them. Well... as long as they're effective. :yayaya:

Lestat 01-14-2013 06:33 PM

upgrades at OL, RB and a slot that can take the cover off of the defense.
the offense itself is fine, just needs a talent infusion to make it more dangerous.
if we had a bell cow RB to salt away leads with it would be great and that situation doesn't happen with the Ravens.

Lestat 01-14-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huh?? (Post 3781669)
Yeah! Develop a ton of trick plays. It might be interesting if Denver becomes known for them. Well... as long as they're effective. :yayaya:

Manning fake RB hand off into a QB bootleg. he used to own with that at Tennessee. :~ohyah!:

Bronco Yoda 01-14-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3781659)
I think we need to consider some serious competition for Prater also, just something so he doesn't have a late season meltdown and knows in Camp that he doesn't have the job "locked up".

I'm starting to think Prater is over paid.