The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Looking at the INT to end the game (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109856)

UberBroncoMan 01-14-2013 02:50 PM

Looking at the INT to end the game

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...ng-in-overtime

I'm not sure how many people have looked at it, but Stokley broke off his rout and improvised into a location that would have likely won the game.

Take a look at the video around 28 seconds to get a better look.

He saw the had the entire middle of the field open and turned up field, waving to Manning. There was a defender to the left and two to the right. However ahead of him was open field if he darted straight.

Manning simply threw a weak ball across his body, which is why it was intercepted.

The intended throw was supposed to be over the defender and into Stokley's arms at around the 50 yard line.

Had the throw been proper it would have taken us to their 35-40 at a minimum and likely the game would have been over.

The point of this is that, everyone, even our future 1st ballot HOF'er made a mistake which cost us the game.

A higher and stronger ball and we're probably facing New England.

Cleo McDowell 01-14-2013 02:52 PM

Good observation that just reopened up the wound on my heart that just began to heal.

01-14-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan (Post 3781468)
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...ng-in-overtime

I'm not sure how many people have looked at it, but Stokley broke off his rout and improvised into a location that would have likely won the game.

Take a look at the video around 28 seconds to get a better look.

He saw the had the entire middle of the field open and turned up field, waving to Manning. There was a defender to the left and two to the right. However ahead of him was open field if he darted straight.

Manning simply threw a weak ball across his body, which is why it was intercepted.

The intended throw was supposed to be over the defender and into Stokley's arms at around the 50 yard line.

Had the throw been proper it would have taken us to their 35-40 at a minimum and likely the game would have been over.

The point of this is that, everyone, even our future 1st ballot HOF'er made a mistake which cost us the game.

A higher and stronger ball and we're probably facing New England.

He is not our first ballot HOFer, he is Indy's first ballot HOFer.

Jekyll15Hyde 01-14-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3781480)

Players dont go into the hall with a team in the NFL

SonOfLe-loLang 01-14-2013 03:26 PM

Ugh i just watched this. I didnt realize that he flushed himself out of the pocket. Looks like he could have been a bit more patient. What a disaster of a play

Chris 01-14-2013 03:37 PM

Stokely has nothing to feel bad about. I want to write that guy a letter thanking him.

Gutless Drunk 01-14-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3781503)
Ugh i just watched this. I didnt realize that he flushed himself out of the pocket. Looks like he could have been a bit more patient. What a disaster of a play

X1,000,000. Man, why did he even flush out? Much less to the right?

hookemhess 01-14-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk (Post 3781522)
X1,000,000. Man, why did he even flush out? Much less to the right?

My only guess it that is where all the routes were flowing to.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 01-14-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3781480)

Oh, he doesn't play for us?

Cool story, bro.

01-14-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton (Post 3781553)
Oh, he doesn't play for us?

Cool story, bro.

He will go into the hall as a Colt. Thus the Colt's HOFer.

broncosteven 01-14-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3781503)

This happens when you pressure QB's, Ravens got to him at the end of the game, he probablly saw it develop, heard footsteps that weren't there and got happy feet, the dude is human.

With a better throw it is a non issue, there were other bigger mistakes compounded by bad officiating in regulation that were just as costly.

titan 01-14-2013 08:37 PM

Good analysis. Fits in what Gary Miller tweeted tonight:

"You see so much more on TV.Just watched whole game. Obvious in 4th Q and OT, PM had little on the ball. Explains why Fox ran it so much."

Stokely was open on this play behind the secondary. At that point in the game Manning may not have been able to throw "a higher and stronger ball" to get it to Brandon.

TDmvp 01-14-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3781701)
He will go into the hall as a Colt. Thus the Colt's HOFer.

As was already stated players don't go into the nfl hall as a member of a team. Unlike the baseball Hof where I think you get to pick a hat from the team you want to be shown with/from.

Quote:

Enshrinees do not go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a certain team. Rather, all of an inductee's affiliations are listed equally.[7] While the Baseball Hall of Fame plaques generally depict each of their inductees wearing a particular club's cap (with a few exceptions, such as Catfish Hunter), the bust sculptures of each Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee make no reference to any specific team.

01-14-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDmvp (Post 3781804)
As was already stated players don't go into the nfl hall as a member of a team. Unlike the baseball Hof where I think you get to pick a hat from the team you want to be shown with/from.

Thanks for the clarification.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 01-15-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3781809)
Thanks for the clarification.

So wait... can he be our HoF'er too?

Maybe just stop posting for a while, Vine.

DenverBroncosJM 01-15-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton (Post 3781979)
So wait... can he be our HoF'er too?

Maybe just stop posting for a while, Vine.

Like 2016 or so

pricejj 01-15-2013 08:00 AM

Wait...I thought Bmore Manning said that Stokley was a piece of crap, and none of the WR's could get open? Hilarious!

Coming through in the clutch is what's important.