The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Where are you at... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109852)

Bronco Yoda 01-14-2013 01:03 PM

Where are you at...
 
...in the 5 stages of grief.

I'm finally pulling myself into stage 3 kicking a screaming. :P

bfoflcommish 01-14-2013 01:06 PM

It sucks but im over it, it was a fun season and looking forward to next season.




P.S. helps that im going to vegas friday for a few days. if not that for i'd still be crying

Smiling Assassin27 01-14-2013 01:06 PM

I'm in the drive like a jerk and kick every dog I see stage.

peacepipe 01-14-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 (Post 3781369)
I'm in the drive like a jerk and kick every dog I see stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PW...e_gdata_player

You reminded me of this commercial.

Greatspirits 01-14-2013 01:14 PM

I'm over it, still think back from time to time of the missed opportunites though. Already thinking, only 7 months till training camp!!

spdirty 01-14-2013 01:15 PM

**** The dream, **** fox, and **** the world.

Bronco Yoda 01-14-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfoflcommish (Post 3781367)
It sucks but im over it, it was a fun season and looking forward to next season.




P.S. helps that im going to vegas friday for a few days. if not that for i'd still be crying

Nothing heals (or damages) like a good ol Vegas trip. :~ohyah!:

troyjbath 01-14-2013 01:21 PM

I'm finally thawed out from the 7 hours we spent frozen at the stadium on Saturday. Drove back to WY and watched the game on the DVR last night. I've come to terms with the loss and am excited for next season. All I can think is....WOW....that was a great football game. We can point fingers and place blame all over the field, but both teams were competitive until the miserable end. I'm disappointed in the result, but can't help but be proud of what the Broncos accomplished this year. They'll be in the hunt again next season.

Bronco Yoda 01-14-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatspirits (Post 3781380)
I'm over it, still think back from time to time of the missed opportunites though. Already thinking, only 7 months till training camp!!

...so you're still in stage 1?! Hilarious!

chawknz 01-14-2013 01:29 PM

Think I'm over it. I still find myself shaking my head when I think of a play, but the glum of yesterday is gone.

TDmvp 01-14-2013 01:33 PM

I'm still not ready to stop pretending there is no NFL ... Pls stop talking about it and breaking my illusion lol :)

yerner 01-14-2013 01:38 PM

I'm still stabbing anyone wearing purple, or gold..or white.

01-14-2013 01:42 PM

There's alot in this game that ill get over. But I'll never get over kneeling down with half a minute and 2 timeouts. That's unforgivable. Ill get over moores play, Mannings TOs champs burns, even the 3rd and 7 call. But kneeling with 2 timeouts and half a minute? That's p***Y football.

Denver Bronco56 01-14-2013 01:44 PM

Im in the stage where I have reactivated my facebook after dealing with tons of friends from college giving me hell for a Broncos loss. Im also at the point where I could careless about the NFL (Other than hoping the Pats dont win a SB)

LetsGoBroncos 01-14-2013 01:54 PM

I have 2 worlds as far as my emotions go. My sports world and my real world. I don't want me being so down over a game like this to completely effect the way I act toward my family (even though it kinda does).

In my sports world I am as crushed as I could possibly be. I had trouble sleeping all week before the game. I wanted so badly to have that feeling this week of being 1 game from the Super Bowl. I just couldn't imagine how awful I was going to feel if they did lose. It is even worse than I imagined, probably because of the way it went down. Just hard to accept that about 18 BIG things went wrong (mistakes on our part, Moreno getting hurt, horrible officiating on critical plays) and we still only had to knock down a hail mary down to win...and we couldn't do it.

So having said that I don't know if I'll ever truly get over this. The NFL is so year to year now that when you have a chance like we did to play at home and the rest of the field is beatable you must take advantage. We may not be in this good of a position in 15-20 more years.

TDmvp 01-14-2013 01:59 PM

I'm sorta P'ed that Manning didn't check it down to Hillman on the OT pick . He was wide open early in that play to Manning's right as Manning rolled that way. It was a gimmie pass and instead he went back across his body.

Still stunned he didn't dump it to Hillman in the flat.

Archer81 01-14-2013 02:02 PM

I've let go and moved on. Life in general is too busy and full of nonsense to worry about a game for too long.


:Broncos:

LetsGoBroncos 01-14-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDmvp (Post 3781422)
I'm sorta P'ed that Manning didn't check it down to Hillman on the OT pick . He was wide open early in that play to Manning's right as Manning rolled that way. It was a gimmie pass and instead he went back across his body.

Still stunned he didn't dump it to Hillman in the flat.

Just watched the replay. He wasn't open...ya at the line of scrimmage he was in the flat but watch the Baltimore player spying him. The second Manning throws the ball the guy is all over Hillman. Would have been a 1-2 yard gain.

Greatspirits 01-14-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda (Post 3781387)
...so you're still in stage 1?! Hilarious!

Stage 5! I guess not competely over it yet!

TDmvp 01-14-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos (Post 3781426)
Just watched the replay. He wasn't open...ya at the line of scrimmage he was in the flat but watch the Baltimore player spying him. The second Manning throws the ball the guy is all over Hillman. Would have been a 1-2 yard gain.

What down was it tho ? I really don't remember . I mean I just wanted it thrown there to avoid the pick or the sack. Even a 1-2 yard gain and even if we punted it beats the pick.

LetsGoBroncos 01-14-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDmvp (Post 3781430)
What down was it tho ? I really don't remember . I mean I just wanted it thrown there to avoid the pick or the sack. Even a 1-2 yard gain and even if we punted it beats the pick.

2nd down, didn't need to make the throw and he knows it. It's about reason # 5 on the list of why we lost though. If the refs make a couple of the missed calls correctly and we don't make a mistake or two we win by 17

TDmvp 01-14-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos (Post 3781434)
2nd down, didn't need to make the throw and he knows it. It's about reason # 5 on the list of why we lost though. If the refs make a couple of the missed calls correctly and we don't make a mistake or two we win by 17

Yea I agree with yas pretty much.

Hell he could of went all Kyle Orton and went fetal for the old self sack and it beats the pick lol.

SleepingTiger 01-14-2013 02:25 PM

denial - check
anger - check
bargaining - check
depression - check
acceptance - i think coming to mane has helped me get to this stage

broncswin 01-14-2013 02:46 PM

Life is great...Monday back at work, just bought tickets to the afccg at sports authority field, surprisingly I got seats 20 rows up on the home side 50 and they threw in a parking pass and field pass for only $200 a pop ( I bought 10) because the deal was so amazing... I am frickin pumped for this game against the Texans!! Go Broncos

SonOfLe-loLang 01-14-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos (Post 3781416)
I have 2 worlds as far as my emotions go. My sports world and my real world. I don't want me being so down over a game like this to completely effect the way I act toward my family (even though it kinda does).

In my sports world I am as crushed as I could possibly be. I had trouble sleeping all week before the game. I wanted so badly to have that feeling this week of being 1 game from the Super Bowl. I just couldn't imagine how awful I was going to feel if they did lose. It is even worse than I imagined, probably because of the way it went down. Just hard to accept that about 18 BIG things went wrong (mistakes on our part, Moreno getting hurt, horrible officiating on critical plays) and we still only had to knock down a hail mary down to win...and we couldn't do it.

So having said that I don't know if I'll ever truly get over this. The NFL is so year to year now that when you have a chance like we did to play at home and the rest of the field is beatable you must take advantage. We may not be in this good of a position in 15-20 more years.

Yeah, it hasnt affexted my real world other than being a bit down, but my sports world is still crushed. Everything is bothering me from all that went wrong in the game, to people's kneejerk reactions, to Peter Kings dumbass "haiku." Im not ready to look to next season yet


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.