The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Why should Rahim Moore be back next year? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109846)

spdirty 01-14-2013 08:45 AM

Why should Rahim Moore be back next year?
 
After effectively costing us the season, and destroying everything that team and coaching staff worked so hard all year for.

He is despised by at least 90% of the fanbase. Probably worse than McDaniels.

What do you think the coaches think about him?

What do you think the players think of him?

Where is his head right now? I saw a poster say he was in a restaurant yesterday staring into outer space just zoned out.

Even if he comes back to be the next Ed Reed, he will NEVER live this down here. 20 years from now people will remember this and remember his name with disgust. Perry and Lilly haven't lived down their **** ups for ****s sakes. And Lilly was 26 years ago, Perry 16.

I just don't know how you can justify bringing him back after this.

Rohirrim 01-14-2013 08:49 AM

I never want to see him in the O&B again.

Gutless Drunk 01-14-2013 08:50 AM

"What do you think the players think of him?"

Sandy Clough just intimated on radio that privately offensive players are furious at his selfish play. So much so, that he thinks it will be a "schism" situation and Moore should be done here.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-14-2013 08:51 AM

It was a horrible mistake, but this sort of **** is character building. He's a good, young player with upside. You dont get rid of him. You see how he reacts to this.

Domostick 01-14-2013 08:51 AM

Well I hope you want to get rid of Champ Bailey and Manning then too because they had just as much of an effect on the outcome as Moore. That's why I'll let John Elway sit back and make those decisions.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-14-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk (Post 3781034)
"What do you think the players think of him?"

Sandy Clough just intimated on radio that privately offensive players are furious at his selfish play. So much so, that he thinks it will be a "schism" situation and Moore should be done here.

I dont understand why it was "selfish." It was DUMB. You cant let a guy get behind you like that, but selfish is an odd word to use.

spdirty 01-14-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domostick (Post 3781036)
Well I hope you want to get rid of Champ Bailey and Manning then too because they had just as much of an effect on the outcome as Moore. That's why I'll let John Elway sit back and make those decisions.

No they didn't. NOBODY is more responsible for this loss than Rahim Moore.

ludo21 01-14-2013 08:55 AM

serious?

if the players hate him, then I agree get rid of him. But if the lockerroom is fine then let the kid learn and move on.

He had a great year and is still improving.

go_broncos 01-14-2013 08:56 AM

Rahim moore...Why did you do this mistake??

Gutless Drunk 01-14-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3781040)
I dont understand why it was "selfish." It was DUMB. You cant let a guy get behind you like that, but selfish is an odd word to use.

He was going for the pick to be hero. That's what Moore meant when he said "I got too happy" That's what Clough intimated the other players think.

Crushaholic 01-14-2013 08:58 AM

Ummm...no...

Rahim Moore did NOT cost us the game. Poor playcalling, sub-par offensive play, and poor officiating cost us the game....

Rohirrim 01-14-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3781040)
I dont understand why it was "selfish." It was DUMB. You cant let a guy get behind you like that, but selfish is an odd word to use.

Because, his play completely ignored the game situation (and what was best for the team) and he opted instead for a grandstand play that it turns out, he couldn't make.

Chris 01-14-2013 09:01 AM

I think the other players should be looking at their own ****ty performances (not you Wolfe, Vick, Woodyard, Harris, Adams, Stokely) before looking at any one thing in that awful game that cost us the W.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-14-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3781056)
Because, his play completely ignored the game situation (and what was best for the team) and he opted instead for a grandstand play that it turns out, he couldn't make.

I still think thats dumb, not selfish. He made a snap decision in the moment. A selfish play would have been for him to run away because he didn't want to get hurt because he's in a contract year or something. I dont think he was making a conscious choice in the moment.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-14-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3781061)
I think the other players should be looking at their own ****ty performances (not you Wolfe, Vick, Woodyard, Harris, Adams, Stokely) before looking at any one thing in that awful game that cost us the W.

I wonder what Stoke's future is with us. Still looks like he's got it to me. But we could use some more speed out of the slot. Is there room on this roster for both?

24champ 01-14-2013 09:05 AM

By spdirty's stupid logic, lets get rid of Kuper, Champ, Manning, Von Miller, Dumervil, Woodyard, Prater because of this game. Fire this staff as well for their conservative game play throughout the game and in OT.

It was a team effort in that loss, nobody showed up except Holliday.

01-14-2013 09:11 AM

First, hes young guy with upside who played pretty well this season
Second, Rahim will beat himself up to a pulp this offseason... and he should... but I hope it motivates him to step up big next year and be the guy who wins that close game with a big play, rather than be the liability
Third, I bet he never underplays a deep throw in the Dvision round playoff game again... lol... so we have that going for us...

elsid13 01-14-2013 09:17 AM

Some folks need to remember it is just a football game and not a life and death situation. Kid made a mistake on the job, something that we all do. He will be back and will learn from the mistake which will make him a better player.

Rohirrim 01-14-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3781064)
I still think thats dumb, not selfish. He made a snap decision in the moment. A selfish play would have been for him to run away because he didn't want to get hurt because he's in a contract year or something. I dont think he was making a conscious choice in the moment.

No. It was waaaay beyond dumb. Dumb would have been tackling the receiver while the ball was in the air, which still would have been better than playing short and going for the ball.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-14-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3781091)
No. It was waaaay beyond dumb. Dumb would have been tackling the receiver while the ball was in the air, which still would have been better than playing short and going for the ball.

Oh its the dumbest thing possibly imaginable. I still dont think its selfish. Just really ****ing dumb.

Smiling Assassin27 01-14-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 3781088)
Some folks need to remember it is just a football game and not a life and death situation. Kid made a mistake on the job, something that we all do. He will be back and will learn from the mistake which will make him a better player.


I agree, Mr. Buckner.

Tombstone RJ 01-14-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3781022)
After effectively costing us the season, and destroying everything that team and coaching staff worked so hard all year for.

He is despised by at least 90% of the fanbase. Probably worse than McDaniels.

What do you think the coaches think about him?

What do you think the players think of him?

Where is his head right now? I saw a poster say he was in a restaurant yesterday staring into outer space just zoned out.

Even if he comes back to be the next Ed Reed, he will NEVER live this down here. 20 years from now people will remember this and remember his name with disgust. Perry and Lilly haven't lived down their **** ups for ****s sakes. And Lilly was 26 years ago, Perry 16.

I just don't know how you can justify bringing him back after this.

Absolutey you bring him back!!!!!!!!!! The very fact that he cares tells me he is worth bringing back. I hate it when the Broncos give up on young players too soon and they go to other teams and have success.

Moore made a mistake, the good news is he should have the opportunities to make up for this mistake by playing more games for the Broncos in the future.

Rohirrim 01-14-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 3781088)
Some folks need to remember it is just a football game and not a life and death situation. Kid made a mistake on the job, something that we all do. He will be back and will learn from the mistake which will make him a better player.

And when you make a mistake of that magnitude, you get fired. Even in the "real" world.

Tombstone RJ 01-14-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk (Post 3781034)
"What do you think the players think of him?"

Sandy Clough just intimated on radio that privately offensive players are furious at his selfish play. So much so, that he thinks it will be a "schism" situation and Moore should be done here.

Sandy Clough is a turd, and a tard, and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Trust me on this, please!

Rabb 01-14-2013 09:25 AM

I have said it before and I will say it again. When you let yourself get into that position, you deserve to lose. It rarely comes down to just one play. Yes, Moore was an idiot...but Denver as a team did plenty to **** that game up before then.

I don't want to see the kid remain a Bronco, but this wasn't just on him...not by a long shot.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.