The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   In Defense of Peyton: Screw it, I'm starting a thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109830)

SonOfLe-loLang 01-13-2013 03:51 PM

In Defense of Peyton: Screw it, I'm starting a thread
 
BROKEN RECORD ALERT!

But i just feel the need.

I've never seen a fanbase turn on its best player so quickly. Obviously this doesn't go for all of you, but a lot are placing the blame on Manning and I have no clue why.

Yes, he wasn't perfect yesterday. Far from it. But, as ive said a bunch, he had a 100 rating going into that last Raven drive. He lead a beautiful drive to put us up 35-28. And, again, the Broncos win chances were 97.2 percent when Flacco let go of his hail mary or whatever you wanna call it. Again, we lost on a fluke play.

This guy transformed our team into a contender. Had that fluke play not happened, we'd all be talking about Peyton's good, but not perfect game and his gutty performance in some awful conditions (it was beyond cold in that stadium).

But, instead, a lot of you are whining and b****ing, and at least one of you would like to see Brock Osweiler as our QB next year.

Yes, he wasn't PERFECT, but if you're pointing fingers for yesterdays loss, you're gonna need to get to the second hand before you point to Peyton.

spdirty 01-13-2013 03:53 PM

I agree.

01-13-2013 03:54 PM

All three turnovers were his fault.

Talk all you want about how close the game was, but the only reason it was as close as it was and not a blow out by the Ravens was because Trindon Holliday put up 14 points because Manning's offense was inept.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-13-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees (Post 3780346)
All three turnovers were his fault.

Talk all you want about how close the game was, but the only reason it was as close as it was and not a blow out by the Ravens was because Trindon Holliday put up 14 points because Manning's offense was inept.

Not the point.

AGAIN. 100 rating, 3 tds before that Flacco heave.

Also, if we're talkng about the turnovers...one was on a tipped pass when deck got mugged, and one should have never occured (though it was a **** throw), because the game should have been over.

he was not perfect, but would you really want someone else guiding the broncos next season? If the answer is yes, you're ****ing crazy.

Rohirrim 01-13-2013 04:00 PM

Other than Trindon Holliday, it was a team-wide choke job, including the coaching staff. It seemed to me that after that bogus PI call on Carter in the first half, the steam just went out of the team. From that moment on, they were waiting for disaster, instead of fighting for glory. Manning was part of that failure as well, but not all of it, by any means. If I had to say who was number one in the blame column, I would have to say the D, and especially the secondary starring Champ Bailey. What a pathetic performance.

On the other hand, you've got to underscore how important the loss of Moreno was. That was a critical loss to the offense.

01-13-2013 04:00 PM

What a joke of a fanbase.

SoCalBronco 01-13-2013 04:01 PM

He was great this year.

His play yesterday wasn't too hot.

It was a factor in the loss.

We wasted a huge chance for a 3rd ring.

People will be pissed for months and he along with others will receive some blame and anger.

Deal with it. It's not going away. Let it go. This is actually fairly mild.

01-13-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3780350)
Not the point.

AGAIN. 100 rating, 3 tds before that Flacco heave.

Also, if we're talkng about the turnovers...one was on a tipped pass when deck got mugged, and one should have never occured (though it was a **** throw), because the game should have been over.

he was not perfect, but would you really want someone else guiding the broncos next season? If the answer is yes, you're ****ing crazy.

It is the point.

I'm sick and tired of watching the Peyton defenders exert themselves trying desperately to move the goalposts as far as possible.

He was supposed to make this team a Super Bowl contender, that was the entire argument from the moment you idiots threw Tebow under the bus.

Manning was supposed to turn this team immediately into a Super Bowl threat, and he hasn't.

The reality is that he's incapable of winning a Super Bowl in his current state, he's not as good as Brady, or Rodgers, or even Russell Wilson at this point.

I doubt the Broncos can get a better QB than Manning at this point, but they need to start looking as soon as possible.

jmz313 01-13-2013 04:03 PM

35 points.... No one would of thought the broncos would lose if they scored 35 points. Team effort to screw up that much. Manning played good enough to win but made a few mistakes to aid in a loss.

Any given Sunday.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-13-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees (Post 3780361)
It is the point.

I'm sick and tired of watching the Peyton defenders exert themselves trying desperately to move the goalposts as far as possible.

He was supposed to make this team a Super Bowl contender, that was the entire argument from the moment you idiots threw Tebow under the bus.

Manning was supposed to turn this team immediately into a Super Bowl threat, and he hasn't.

The reality is that he's incapable of winning a Super Bowl in his current state, he's not as good as Brady, or Rodgers, or even Russell Wilson at this point.

I doubt the Broncos can get a better QB than Manning at this point, but they need to start looking as soon as possible.

The Broncos should be so lucky to have 50 years with a Peyton-esque QB. He's a great player, and I look forward to watching him lead us next season.

Im still in disbelief that anyone would think otherwise. And, as ive said a gazillion times, had the broncos played a lick of D on that last drive, this conversation isn't happening and we're all happy with him.

I understand SoCal's point. People are pissed. I get why they are pissed. Doesn't mean they are being rational.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-13-2013 04:05 PM

Oh and as someone brought up yesterday, Elway had the same monkey on his back at the same age...under the same circumstances. Then again, Peyton has already WON a super bowl.
All this is very non sensical to me.

Ratboy 01-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyedJeti (Post 3780359)
What a joke of a fanbase.

This has all you have been posting. I hope a mod steps up and bans you for trolling.

01-13-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees (Post 3780346)
All three turnovers were his fault.

Talk all you want about how close the game was, but the only reason it was as close as it was and not a blow out by the Ravens was because Trindon Holliday put up 14 points because Manning's offense was inept.

Do you belong to a Jets forum?

Rohirrim 01-13-2013 04:08 PM

I'll tell you one thing, I will not trust this team next year, and I will not be involved emotionally as much as I was this year. Can I trust them to go 16 and O and then not fold in the first playoff game? No.

Unless they get lucky and pick up another Terrell Davis in the 6th round. ;D

Smilin Assassin 01-13-2013 04:08 PM

I don't think it's the fan base going after Peyton.

Just some internet posters who can't deal. I think, as a whole, the Broncos fan base knows we have a good thing here. Some of us just deal w/disappointment better than others.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-13-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin (Post 3780382)
I don't think it's the fan base going after Peyton.

Just some internet posters who can't deal. I think, as a whole, the Broncos fan base knows we have a good thing here. Some of us just deal w/disappointment better than others.

I think you're probably right. Just getting sick of reading all the responses. I'm just still not over the game, if i was, i wouldnt care so much

RedskinBronco 01-13-2013 04:11 PM

Team wide choke job. Everyone is to blame except Holliday and the special teams play in general.

01-13-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyedJeti (Post 3780359)
What a joke of a fanbase.

Bro, I have found some of the posters on the mane are very knowledgeable and some are very welcoming. You have your sour apples anywhere. I think as we are all disappointed and upset with the loss, that some of the forum has turned on Manning, but after a loss would you expect anything less? Especially after he had a couple of turnovers, bull**** or not.

LetsGoBroncos 01-13-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees (Post 3780346)
All three turnovers were his fault.

Talk all you want about how close the game was, but the only reason it was as close as it was and not a blow out by the Ravens was because Trindon Holliday put up 14 points because Manning's offense was inept.

False. First one was PI and the refs didn't call it

go_broncos 01-13-2013 04:16 PM

Manning is never a good playoff QB..If not for our great shanny and it's defense, his records would have been pathetic.
His play drops drastically once playoff starts. compared to his brother who is clutch in playoffs.

Smilin Assassin 01-13-2013 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stuck around an hour and a half after a devastating loss just to congratulate Ray Lewis.

Pure class.

SonOfLe-loLang 01-13-2013 04:20 PM

I know it fits a neat little narrative to blame him and cite his playoff record, etc etc, but football games have tons of variables. Sorry, i just choose to look at it from a lot of angles other than "well, the broncos lost, Peyton's the QB, must be his fault."

01-13-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos (Post 3780400)
False. First one was PI and the refs didn't call it

And the fumble should have been the tuck rule.

spdirty 01-13-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3780381)
I'll tell you one thing, I will not trust this team next year, and I will not be involved emotionally as much as I was this year. Can I trust them to go 16 and O and then not fold in the first playoff game? No.

Unless they get lucky and pick up another Terrell Davis in the 6th round. ;D

Yep. Kind of hope that next year we get the 3rd or 4th seed. Then I won't get my hopes up so much. We go 13-3 again then we're ****ed.

go_broncos 01-13-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3780409)
I know it fits a neat little narrative to blame him and cite his playoff record, etc etc, but football games have tons of variables. Sorry, i just choose to look at it from a lot of angles other than "well, the broncos lost, Peyton's the QB, must be his fault."

There's a reason why everyone brings up his playoff record..His play drastically reduces..He will be one of the factor in the losing cause.
He didn't even play well when indy won SB.
He is 0-4 when the temperate is 40F or less.
He can't play in snow/cold temperatures.

The same can be said about John Fox , Marty, Favre, Tony Romo etc..
These guys screw up during pressure situations.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.