The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tony Gonzalez has never won a playoff game......Woah (and subtle Ray Lewis jab) (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109738)

ludo21 01-11-2013 04:16 PM

Tony Gonzalez has never won a playoff game......Woah (and subtle Ray Lewis jab)
 
Poor guy, definitely increaes my reasons for rooting for the Falcons this weekend.

I know, non Broncos stuff, but it was worth a mention. Also check out the link below to read the subtle Ray Ray jab... :strong:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/no-more...?asid=73911568

''I'm not going to play that game with the media, and I'm really not going to play that game with my team,'' Gonzalez said. ''So, we'll see.''

01-11-2013 04:19 PM

Atlanta at home is good. Seattle on the road is not. This is the next best game to watch IMO

cmhargrove 01-11-2013 04:25 PM

Gonzalez is a stud. I always respected him as a Chief, and still respect him as a Falcon. I hope he gets his playoff win, he deserves it.

Actually, I hope the Falcons make it all the way to the Superbowl so we can kick his ass out of the NFL with respect. :~ohyah!:

DBroncos4life 01-11-2013 04:32 PM

I wish there was a way he would could talk him into playing one more year with us next year. :)

ScottXray 01-11-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmhargrove (Post 3776269)
Gonzalez is a stud. I always respected him as a Chief, and still respect him as a Falcon. I hope he gets his playoff win, he deserves it.

Actually, I hope the Falcons make it all the way to the Superbowl so we can kick his ass out of the NFL with respect. :~ohyah!:

REP. Gonzalez should have a win in the Playoffs. But unless he actually wins a super bowl, he will take a long time to make it to the HOF ( if ever..those voters are SO screwed up about who gets in and KC and Atlanta get almost as little respect as the Broncos).

Bronco Yoda 01-11-2013 05:46 PM

This is going to be an interesting game. The Ref's could have a big in how tight they call interference. Seattle DB's have really been playing on the edge. Fortunately for them the refs tend to let more things go in the playoffs.

delany 01-11-2013 06:40 PM

Not the revenge tour this year...the retirement tour.

Ray Ray
Kevin Faulk (okay he retired in Oct)...but this is his last year
Tony G

RhymesayersDU 01-11-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3776268)
Atlanta at home is good. Seattle on the road is not. This is the next best game to watch IMO

Really want to watch those big Seattle CBs versus Roddy and Julio.

Ironlung 01-11-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottXray (Post 3776295)
REP. Gonzalez should have a win in the Playoffs. But unless he actually wins a super bowl, he will take a long time to make it to the HOF ( if ever..those voters are SO screwed up about who gets in and KC and Atlanta get almost as little respect as the Broncos).

He will be a first ballot hall of famer.

extralife 01-11-2013 07:05 PM

How could you not know that Tony G has a playoff goose egg?

SeedReaver 01-11-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3776334)
How could you not know that Tony G has a playoff goose egg?

I think people underestimate KC's suckitude.

01-11-2013 09:20 PM

What's crazy is that at 36 years old, Tony had 930 yards and 8 TD's.

The guy could play for another 2 or 3 years and still be a top 10 TE in the NFL today.

01-11-2013 10:19 PM

I'm still wondering why the queefs got rid of one of the best TE's in nfl history for the second best TE from the university of Iowa in the afcw.

I hope tony g gets a win this weekend, he has had a great career.

KipCorrington25 01-11-2013 10:59 PM

He played for KC for decades, of course he's never won a playoff game...

01-12-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 3776381)
I'm still wondering why the queefs got rid of one of the best TE's in nfl history for the second best TE from the university of Iowa in the afcw.

I hope tony g gets a win this weekend, he has had a great career.

He told the organization that he didn't want to go through another rebuild so Pioli traded him to his BFF Thomas Dimitroff.

01-12-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3776399)
He told the organization that he didn't want to go through another rebuild so Pioli traded him to his BFF Thomas Dimitroff.

Actually he'd asked Carl Peterson to move him but Peterson said there weren't adequate offers. Then when piloi came in he made the deal. Frankly KC got a 2nd round draft pick for him so it was win win. Tony had zero chance at a playoff win in KC and then KC could've invested in a younger player, though I don't recall who they used that pick on. And now 3 years later Tony is likely to retire. I hope he gets a playoff win. He is a great player and seems like a good guy from the interviews I've seen or read.

ScottXray 01-12-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironlung (Post 3776333)
He will be a first ballot hall of famer.

And Shannon Sharpe, who had 3 SB rings and ALL the records for TEs when he retired, wasn't ? You give the voters too much respect...they will hold no Rings against him for at least as long as Sharpe.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.