The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NBA & NCAA (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Seattle is getting their Sonics back (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109704)

01-09-2013 11:57 AM

Seattle is getting their Sonics back
 
According to ESPN and Seattle 4 news, the Maloof's are about to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer Seattle group.

Good for them. They got screwed over. Glad to see them get their team back, especially since Sacramento's fanbase is non-existent.

01-09-2013 11:58 AM

I cannot believe they ever lost the Sonics. They are great fans.

Kaylore 01-09-2013 12:02 PM

Are they great fans? As I recall the Seattle fans didn't give a crap about them as they were leaving...

bfoflcommish 01-09-2013 12:03 PM

I'm sure they will be pleased in watching tyreke evans and jimmer fredette instead of russ westbrook and KD.


kidding, im sure they are actually thrilled! hope they get the team competitive like the old supersonics used to be.

rugbythug 01-09-2013 12:11 PM

Can we rename them the chronics? Better merchandising opportunities.

01-09-2013 12:17 PM

Stern will find a way to screw it up. He hates the Pacific Northwest.

01-09-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3775064)
According to ESPN and Seattle 4 news, the Maloof's are about to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer Seattle group.

Good for them. They got screwed over. Glad to see them get their team back, especially since Sacramento's fanbase is non-existent.

Fanbase is non existent? Really? They've sold out every game in 17 of their 26 seasons. Hardly nonexistent considering they watched .438 win percentage. They hold 2 of the longest sell out streaks in league history. One spanning 11 years! It's not their fault the Maloofs are shrinking that fanbase over stupidity.

Might want to look at your own fanbase before discrediting another's loyalty.

chickennob2 01-09-2013 12:32 PM

Honestly, I think they should keep the name.

1. This was an original NBA franchise, and over the years they've changed the name, but kept it in the same theme by going from the Royals to the Kings

2. Seattle is in King County!

01-09-2013 12:35 PM

The Maloofs are strapped for cash. They've been shedding assets to keep the casinos afloat.

Bronco Yoda 01-09-2013 12:47 PM

Don't care

(thread might need a food jack)

01-09-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3775066)
Are they great fans? As I recall the Seattle fans didn't give a crap about them as they were leaving...

My nephew lives in Oklahoma City and says that for the first 2 seasons and he told me that bunches of fans from Seattle traveled to multiple home games in OKC to protest.

Requiem 01-09-2013 12:54 PM

Wonderful. I bet one of Shawn Kempf's 47 children are old enough to play for them and bring back the glory days. Where da glove at?

FantomForce 01-09-2013 01:05 PM

Gotta go get my Jimmer Super Sonic Jersey!

bronco militia 01-09-2013 01:09 PM

what does this have to do with Tebow?

Chris 01-09-2013 01:10 PM

Shawn Kemp still looks like he's crying.

bombay 01-09-2013 01:15 PM

That's great news. They never should have lost their team.

01-09-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3775099)
My nephew lives in Oklahoma City and says that for the first 2 seasons and he told me that bunches of fans from Seattle traveled to multiple home games in OKC to protest.

Psshhh. Big deal. Some people are probably just looking for excuses to travel to Oklahoma C.... sorry I just couldn't bring myself to finish typing that.

Greatspirits 01-09-2013 01:22 PM

Good for them, was kind of bogus how they lost the Sonics in the first place.

01-09-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier
According to ESPN and Seattle 4 news, the Maloof's are about to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer Seattle group.

Good for them. They got screwed over. Glad to see them get their team back, especially since Sacramento's fanbase is non-existent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3775081)
Fanbase is non existent? Really? They've sold out every game in 17 of their 26 seasons. Hardly nonexistent considering they watched .438 win percentage. They hold 2 of the longest sell out streaks in league history. One spanning 11 years! It's not their fault the Maloofs are shrinking that fanbase over stupidity.

Might want to look at your own fanbase before discrediting another's loyalty.

OWNED!!!! Way to set that chump straight. He didn't even have a response. Typical lying Queefs fan.

http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/.../12/snooki.gif

DomCasual 01-09-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda (Post 3775098)
Don't care

(thread might need a food jack)

I always get a kick out of people who come into a clearly-labeled thread and post about how they don't care.

orangeatheist 01-09-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomCasual (Post 3775115)
I always get a kick out of people who come into a clearly-labeled thread and post about how they don't care.

Yeah, Chief's fan comes onto a Denver Broncos football board and starts a thread about the Seattle Sonics basketball team. Sort of like getting harassed in the men's bathroom.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USA...187818eb64a894

And that goes double for your panty-wad complaint, too.

bpc 01-09-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3775064)
According to ESPN and Seattle 4 news, the Maloof's are about to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer Seattle group.

Good for them. They got screwed over. Glad to see them get their team back, especially since Sacramento's fanbase is non-existent.

That's a retarded statement. I live in Sac. The city LOVES the kings and they show well. When the franchise doesn't suck ass, they are one of the loudest fan-bases. The Maloofs ran their finances into the ground, and subsequently the kings and then they wanted the city to financially bail them out. It's hard getting ANYTHING passed in California on the city level in terms of stadium financing outside of Silicon Valley.

Bottom line, your assessment of Sac fans is stupid and ignorant.

Requiem 01-09-2013 01:44 PM

It ain't 2001-2 anymore. Stay classy, Sacramento.

bronc_fan23 01-09-2013 01:47 PM

I hate that we are doing this to a fanbase, it's almost like what Clay Bennett did to the Sonics fans, maybe with a little less lies and manipulation.

Watch this documentary about the whole Sonics/Clay Bennett situation. It's a crazy ride.

http://youtu.be/s9Dp20ydm1E

Dr. Broncenstein 01-09-2013 01:53 PM

Thanks for the Thunder, Seattle.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.