The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   So Kaylore, I was wondering (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109563)

v2micca 01-01-2013 08:37 AM

So Kaylore, I was wondering
 
If J.J. Abrams ever stops playing coy and just admits that Cumberbatch is indeed portraying Khan, will he ever make it into your Avatar rotation?

El Guapo 01-01-2013 09:08 AM

<1000 post rule?

TheReverend 01-01-2013 09:33 AM

That was my assumption from the trailer too.

Admittedly though, the only star trek I've ever seen was the new one and most of my star trek info has come from the OM

TheReverend 01-01-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Guapo (Post 3768512)
<1000 post rule?

Bye week. Relax :)

Bronco Yoda 01-01-2013 09:51 AM

The trailers look more like Gary Mitchell than Khan to me. It's probably neither.

DivineLegion 01-01-2013 10:00 AM

I'm boycotting Abrams until he agrees to do the new Star Wars trilogy.

Kaylore 01-01-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda (Post 3768534)
The trailers look more like Gary Mitchell than Khan to me. It's probably neither.

This.

First, cumberbatch is a bad ass. If you get a chance, see him in Sherlock. If he got to play Khan, I would definitely consider it. However I'm 80% sure he isn't Khan. And 50% sure he's Gary Mitchell. We'll find out soon. Regardless, the new movie looks like it could be a good sequel.

OBF1 01-01-2013 10:25 AM

I am still not sure what in the hell this thread is about ???

Broncos_OTM 01-01-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3768557)
I am still not sure what in the hell this thread is about ???

Ditto. Not knocking it. Just have no clue besides its about startrek

v2micca 01-01-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3768541)
This.

First, cumberbatch is a bad ass. If you get a chance, see him in Sherlock. If he got to play Khan, I would definitely consider it. However I'm 80% sure he isn't Khan. And 50% sure he's Gary Mitchell. We'll find out soon. Regardless, the new movie looks like it could be a good sequel.

Eh, I'm not as excited. The 9 minute preview that ran in front of the Hobbit looked god-awful to me. I still cannot stand Chris Pine's douchebag Kirk and Zackory Quinto's Sheldon Cooper, which I'm guessing he thinks is Spock. And when it comes to Trek, not getting those characters right is a deal breaker.

broncocalijohn 01-01-2013 10:42 AM

Who is Kalore? Is this the same person as Kupr?

BowlenBall 01-01-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3768578)
Who is Kalore? Is this the same person as Kupr?

I think they both played on the 2007 Steelers offensive line with Foneco.

broncocalijohn 01-01-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowlenBall (Post 3768582)
I think they both played on the 2007 Steelers offensive line with Foneco.

Well, I see V2Micca went and changed the title. I guess he didn't want to go the way of Broncosfan2438 and try to change the title once Foneco took off. I think he caught it in time. Funny note: Kaylore pretty much started the Foneco thread with his post of it being a phone company in France.

Jetmeck 01-01-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v2micca (Post 3768569)
Eh, I'm not as excited. The 9 minute preview that ran in front of the Hobbit looked god-awful to me. I still cannot stand Chris Pine's douchebag Kirk and Zackory Quinto's Sheldon Cooper, which I'm guessing he thinks is Spock. And when it comes to Trek, not getting those characters right is a deal breaker.

Seriously are you kiddin me.............

Kirk and Spock would be proud of their latest portrayals.......what more could you want from the "next generation" so to speak ?

v2micca 01-01-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3768610)
Seriously are you kiddin me.............

Kirk and Spock would be proud of their latest portrayals.......what more could you want from the "next generation" so to speak ?

Oh, I don't know, a Kirk who doesn't come off as an entitled fratboy and burgeoning sociopath and a Spock with a voice that sounds like he has actually experienced puberty. Seriously, they stuck him in a scene with Nimoy and there must have been a 3 octave difference between the two.

And seriously, what kind of a Military organization hands the Flag Ship off their fleet over to a 25 year little s*** that just graduated from the academy?

broncosteven 01-01-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3768541)
This.

First, cumberbatch is a bad ass. If you get a chance, see him in Sherlock. If he got to play Khan, I would definitely consider it. However I'm 80% sure he isn't Khan. And 50% sure he's Gary Mitchell. We'll find out soon. Regardless, the new movie looks like it could be a good sequel to The Abyss.

Fixed it for you.

JJ Abrams has totally destroyed the Star Trek Universe. What is up with the Enterprise crashing into San Fran bay?

broncosteven 01-01-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3768610)
Seriously are you kiddin me.............

Kirk and Spock would be proud of their latest portrayals.......what more could you want from the "next generation" so to speak ?

The whole appeal of Spock in TOS was the conflict within as he kept his emotions at bay. In the new reboot he is strutting around tapping Uhura and showing all kinds of emotions, I was never a big Spock fan but it was a huge plot point in about every episode in one way or another it was at the least hinted at so getting that wrong destroyed any shred of respect I have for this new reboot. That and a 20 year old Kirk not even out of the Academy getting command for the flagship of the Federation made it as plausable as the movie Battleship.

01-01-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3768541)
This.

First, cumberbatch is a bad ass. If you get a chance, see him in Sherlock. If he got to play Khan, I would definitely consider it. However I'm 80% sure he isn't Khan. And 50% sure he's Gary Mitchell. We'll find out soon. Regardless, the new movie looks like it could be a good sequel.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XSoIs4wfaeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Must agree, have become a big fan of Sherlock and both lead actors in it. As for the character, it's been long rumored to be Khan and the preview gives some indication that is a revenge scenario giving some small credance to Wrath, but I think you may be correct that he is not Khan. One random detail came out of the Wikipedia on Benedict, take it for what it's worth though because I am not sure it's really verified, but it stated he was playing John Harrison. also found this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz..._campaign=1490

So he probably won't be replacing your avatar. And really who could replace Ricardo Montalban and his rich corinthian leather.

BowlenBall 01-01-2013 12:23 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/192QNhVzihg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corinthian_leather

Corinthian leather is a term coined by the advertising agency Bozell to describe the upholstery used in certain Chrysler luxury vehicles. The term first appeared in advertising in 1974.[1] Although the term suggests that the product has a relationship to or origination from Corinth, there is no relationship; the term is a marketing concept.

The term was first used during the marketing campaign for the 1974 Imperial LeBaron, but the term is usually associated with the marketing campaign for the 1975 Cordoba and that campaign's celebrity spokesperson, Ricardo Montalban, who described "the thickly-cushioned luxury of seats available even in soft Corinthian leather."[2][3]

Despite the exotic origin suggested by the name "Corinthian leather", much of the leather used in Chrysler vehicles during the era originated from a supplier located outside Newark, New Jersey.[4]

Some sources say the term refers to the combination of leather seating surfaces and vinyl seat sides, while other sources say the term simply referred to the leather itself.[5][6][2]

Jetmeck 01-01-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v2micca (Post 3768631)
Oh, I don't know, a Kirk who doesn't come off as an entitled fratboy and burgeoning sociopath and a Spock with a voice that sounds like he has actually experienced puberty. Seriously, they stuck him in a scene with Nimoy and there must have been a 3 octave difference between the two.

And seriously, what kind of a Military organization hands the Flag Ship off their fleet over to a 25 year little s*** that just graduated from the academy?


So you don't like Spock's voice ? lol

That 25 year old fratboy just saved the planet Earth so yeah maybe he showed some promise ? lol

You do realize the time line had been screwed up in the first movie ?

Also everyone take a chill pill on the new movie, not completed or edited yet...................

broncosteven 01-01-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3768657)
So you don't like Spock's voice ? lol

That 25 year old fratboy just saved the planet Earth so yeah maybe he showed some promise ? lol

You do realize the time line had been screwed up in the first movie ?

Also everyone take a chill pill on the new movie, not completed or edited yet...................

If your counting timeline why are the ships completely different and uglier. Just total fail, they should have just started over with a new ship and crew or gone with a new cast of new characters and have a Starfleet Academy movie if they wanted. Going back and reusing the characters I have 40+ years invested in is sacrilege.

Bronco Yoda 01-01-2013 12:40 PM

Ricardo Montalban OWNS that role. I can't even imagine anyone else doing it regardless of the type of reboot. There are just some roles that are untouchable... and IMO that is one of them.

Kaylore 01-01-2013 12:55 PM

I liked the new Star Trek. I'm a Treker. I favored the next generation with Picard and company. The original series is really old and hasn't aged well. I had problems with the reboot, but they were the plot holes, not the portrayals of their characters. I actually liked how the Kirk and Spock styles clashed. That's something TOS didn't do enough of. I don't think Abrams tells very good stories, but he's a good story teller and puts on a good show. I enjoyed Star Trek and hope to enjoy this one.

SoCalBronco 01-01-2013 01:03 PM

I loved the original series and was a huge fan of the first six films. I was skeptical going into the 2009 film especially since they changed some history.....but I loved the film and understood that they had to create an alternate universe in order to pique fan interest going forward. I'm really looking forward to next May.

Cumberbatch can't be Khan....he doesn't have the pecs for it. :)

Chris 01-01-2013 01:20 PM

So hungover right now. If I move my head an inch ill puke. If I speak I'll puke. Just thought I'd share.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.