The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Defense legitimate/potential HOFers (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109559)

12-31-2012 07:44 PM

Defense legitimate/potential HOFers

I got into a discussion of current bonafide and potential hall of framers on Denver's defense with my brother and I came up with 4 players on Denver's defense that I think have a good chance of making the hall.

Champ. Enough said.
Von. Barring an injury shortened career, he will be a lock.
Doom. Borderline, but a few more productive years might get him in.
Harris. My brother disagreed, but I think he will take champs spot of the shut-down corner to lock down his side of the field. Not saying Harris is the sure thing, but just saying he has the potential.

SoCalBronco 12-31-2012 07:47 PM

Even discussing Harris and HOF is laughable. Doom will need a lot of work to get to that point. A lot. Von should get there barring injury. Champ is already a lock.

R8R H8R 12-31-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3768279)
Even discussing Harris and HOF is laughable. Doom will need a lot of work to get to that point. A lot. Von should get there barring injury. Champ is already a lock.

This.

MagicHef 12-31-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Doom's on the right pace, 63.5 sacks in 6 seasons is pretty great. The question would be longevity.

Smilin Assassin 12-31-2012 08:06 PM

Tory James: Lock (outside of Louis Wright, probably the best corner we'll ever see)

Eric Bown: Could be a lock barring injury. He just may be the next Steve Atwater.

Kennoy Kennedy: Lock (see above)

Reggie Hayward: It's early, but this guy really reminds me of Lawrence Taylor.

On Offense, I don't see anyway Darius Watts doesn't make it on the first ballot.

BroncoMan4ever 12-31-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Doom averages about 11 sacks and 3 FF a year. In comparison a guy like Strahan who will probably be first ballot averaged 9 sacks and 1.25 FF a year.

Now if Doom continues to average 9 sacks a year for 6 more seasons he will end his career as one of the top 15 or so sack artists in NFL history. Doom is well on his way towards HOF consideration

DBroncos4life 12-31-2012 08:28 PM

Doom reminds me of John Abraham. He just gets it done yet flies under the radar then you look at his overall career and you are like damn he has 122 career sacks? That is just about 9.5 sacks per season.

Now if Doom plays 13 years and has 120-130 sacks I think he should get in like Abraham.

Atwater His Ass 12-31-2012 08:55 PM

I like Doom, but he's not a HOF type player, at least not yet. Strahan was a complete DE, a beast in all phases of the game.

DivineLegion 12-31-2012 09:22 PM

Doom can't be compared to Strahan because of the single season sack record, and market presence. John Abraham maybe, but the gaped tooth wonder has a prestigious accomplishment that accompanies his a acquirable career averages.

lonestar 12-31-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3768302)
Doom averages about 11 sacks and 3 FF a year. In comparison a guy like Strahan who will probably be first ballot averaged 9 sacks and 1.25 FF a year.

Now if Doom continues to average 9 sacks a year for 6 more seasons he will end his career as one of the top 15 or so sack artists in NFL history. Doom is well on his way towards HOF consideration

Yet strath an played in media rich NY. Doom in the media barren waste land. 50% of the games played will be late games and 50% of them will not be shown in media rich cities.

Odds are against any Bronco going into the HOF. I can think of at least 6 guys that played in Denver that had statistically better careers that will never get in..

Such is life.

bronco610 12-31-2012 10:20 PM

None because of HOF bias against Broncos

12-31-2012 10:23 PM

The only guy on our defense who is pretty much guaranteed to be a HoFer is Champ. Von Miller has a lot of years to go, and honestly so does Dumervil. As far as Chris Harris goes, you're out of your mind. The guy hasn't even made a Pro Bowl yet.

12-31-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco610 (Post 3768353)
None because of HOF bias against Broncos

There's definitely a bias, but Champ is a first ballot HoFer, Bronco or not. Just like Elway.

extralife 12-31-2012 10:32 PM

Sorry, I don't talk about the HoF for guys in their second season.

Doom is so borderline, if you're being generous, that you can't talk about him and HoF untill he's about to retire.

Champ isn't even a discussion, he's already in.

So basically there is literally nothing to talk about here.

12-31-2012 11:27 PM

I love Doom but he's not going. Champ's been a lock for 5 years.

CEH 12-31-2012 11:37 PM

What would be cool is if champ and pfm retire the same year - many years from now - but go into the hall the same year

UberBroncoMan 01-01-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3768360)
Sorry, I don't talk about the HoF for guys in their second season.

Doom is so borderline, if you're being generous, that you can't talk about him and HoF untill he's about to retire.

Champ isn't even a discussion, he's already in.

So basically there is literally nothing to talk about here.

Kind of nuts the Redskins had three HOF CB's on the same team at the same time.

Archer81 01-01-2013 12:37 AM

Fletcher had 97.5 sacks. He is not in. Doom would have to crack at least 120 sacks to even be considered.

At the moment, the only HOF worthy guy is Champ.

:Broncos:

KipCorrington25 01-01-2013 12:50 AM

Peter King just called to say he's not voting for anyone listed here.

01-01-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3768354)
The only guy on our defense who is pretty much guaranteed to be a HoFer is Champ. Von Miller has a lot of years to go, and honestly so does Dumervil. As far as Chris Harris goes, you're out of your mind. The guy hasn't even made a Pro Bowl yet.

Potential

Atwater His Ass 01-01-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3768406)
Potential

lol.

A guy hasn't even finished 2 full NFL seasons, but you're ready to have his bust sized up for Canton.

And people wonder why fan voting for the probowl is so ridiculous.

dsmoot 01-01-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3768276)
I got into a discussion of current bonafide and potential hall of framers on Denver's defense with my brother and I came up with 4 players on Denver's defense that I think have a good chance of making the hall.

Champ. Enough said.
Von. Barring an injury shortened career, he will be a lock.
Doom. Borderline, but a few more productive years might get him in.
Harris. My brother disagreed, but I think he will take champs spot of the shut-down corner to lock down his side of the field. Not saying Harris is the sure thing, but just saying he has the potential.

Champ has already earned it. Von (Yr2??? - see Terrell Davis resistance x 100), Doom (see Simon Fletcher stats) and Harris????? Harris????? Harris????? (see Mike Croel)

2KBack 01-01-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3768394)
Fletcher had 97.5 sacks. He is not in. Doom would have to crack at least 120 sacks to even be considered.

At the moment, the only HOF worthy guy is Champ.

:Broncos:

Yeah, it takes more than sack numbers....just ask Kevin Greene (160)

01-01-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass (Post 3768411)
lol.

A guy hasn't even finished 2 full NFL seasons, but you're ready to have his bust sized up for Canton.

And people wonder why fan voting for the probowl is so ridiculous.

Well, maybe past years, but this year the fan vote was much better than those who the players and coaches decided were pro bowlers.

Lestat 01-01-2013 08:23 AM

Bailey is a first ballot lock, Von if he continues to beast and maintain his level of play for 10+ years will be a first ballot lock.

Doom is on pace for the numbers to be a borderline guy. the problem is he is so rarely talked about that you'd never know he was a great DE if you weren't a Broncos fan.
even this season he had 11 sacks but it was so quiet because he started out so slow and Von overshadows him.

Chris Harris though...
http://www.troll.me/images/jackie-ch...erious-bro.jpg