The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   mCd won't pursue an HC Position (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109557)

broncosteven 12-31-2012 05:40 PM

mCd won't pursue an HC Position
 
Once Bitten Twice Shy

Apparently he learned the hard way he has a lot more to learn.



Earlier on Monday, we shared a quote from Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels in which he said that he was going to keep his focus on the job he has “right now” in regard to queries about interest in head coaching vacancies.

The phrasing was such that it seemed McDaniels was being careful to note that he has responsibilities to the Patriots while making sure that potentially interested parties heard that he was also open to a change in title. According to a report from Adam Schefter of ESPN, we parsed McDaniels’ words a bit too much.

It now seems McDaniels meant that his focus will only be on the job he has right now and that he’s not going to be actively pursuing another one this offseason. Schefter reports that McDaniels has called teams looking for head coaches to tell them that he will be remaining in New England and won’t be interviewing for another shot at being the man in charge of a team even though he would like to be a head coach again one day.

More here:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ont-interview/

baja 12-31-2012 05:42 PM

Good decision

KipCorrington25 12-31-2012 06:00 PM

What a p***Y, he's realized he's nothing outside Belicheat's cocoon.

Dr. Broncenstein 12-31-2012 06:08 PM

Right. I'm sure the rest of the league is just beating down his door.

ZONA 12-31-2012 06:09 PM

So don't usually guys wait to be contacted by teams? Who calls teams to tell them they don't won't to be a HC right now? For real. A bit of an ego there I'd say. I don't think anybody was seriously considering him right now anyway.

Goobzilla 12-31-2012 06:11 PM

I really wanted him to get the KC job.

baja 12-31-2012 06:14 PM

I would like to inform everyone I will no be accepting offers to coach the running backs this season.

broncosteven 12-31-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3768217)
So don't usually guys wait to be contacted by teams? Who calls teams to tell them they don't won't to be a HC right now? For real. A bit of an ego there I'd say. I don't think anybody was seriously considering him right now anyway.

My thought exactly

Dr. Broncenstein 12-31-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goobzilla (Post 3768219)
I really wanted him to get the KC job.

Wouldn't have been as much fun as watching him blow up the remains of the beached whale's vagina.

jutang 12-31-2012 07:02 PM

I was really looking foward to seeing him take the Bears job.

uplink 12-31-2012 07:07 PM

He was done in the NFL after poor performances with the broncos and rams until Belichick gave him a shot. He is not going to walk out on Belichick after one year, he needs to solidify his support base.

SoCalBronco 12-31-2012 07:17 PM

Someday I would like to marry a supermodel who is also really sweet. Unfortunately in the last 2 years I haven been rejected by 4 women none of whom were even remotely close to supermodel quality so I'm going to take a cue from McD and announce that I'm not going to seek a supermodel at this time.

broncosteven 12-31-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uplink (Post 3768264)
He was done in the NFL after poor performances with the broncos and rams until Belichick gave him a shot. He is not going to walk out on Belichick after one year, he needs to solidify his support base.

Without Belly he would have been the HC of Canton High. I wonder what his brother Ben is doing now that mCd can't give him a gig?

broncosteven 12-31-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3768268)
Someday I would like to marry a supermodel who is also really sweet. Unfortunately in the last 2 years I haven been rejected by 4 women none of whom were even remotely close to supermodel quality so I'm going to take a cue from McD and announce that I'm not going to seek a supermodel at this time.

You should call all the single ones and tell them that you won't be marrying them.

Drek 12-31-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3768216)
Right. I'm sure the rest of the league is just beating down his door.

Most people with NFL FO connections have suggested that yes, the league was in fact lining up to go after him again.

Hell, there was a thread here like a week ago about Chicago, the team with a "franchise" QB McDaniels already butted head with once, having rumored interest. You think something like that comes out when no team is actually interested.

I'd bet that Buffalo was real interested. The multiple back running attack McDaniels used this year with Ridley/Woodhead/Vareen would be powerful with Spiller and Fred Jackson. Fitzpatrick would be a much better QB in McDaniels' offense than he's been in Gailey's as well.

San Diego is likely going to be in the hunt for someone who can get Rivers back on track and again, McDaniels has shown the ability to get QBs to play well and often with limited WR talent.

Hell, supposedly Shad Khan has already predetermined that he wants Tebow on the Jags before he has a GM or is sure his HC is sticking around, so why not get the coach who believed in Tebow enough to draft him in the first round?

There have been too many vacancies created today for a guy like McDaniels not to have suitors already at the door. It's a damn smart decision on his part to stay put though, because the ideal situation likely isn't out there for him and he can make significant maturation with Belichick, possibly sticking around a few more years and simply inheriting the Pats HC job.

Jetmeck 12-31-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goobzilla (Post 3768219)
I really wanted him to get the KC job.


I really wanted someone to break his legs.................lol

I joke....haha....I kid Little McHoodie Junior....I really love the guy !

DarkHorse30 12-31-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 (Post 3768213)
What a p***Y, he's realized he's nothing outside Belicheat's under drawers

Fixed it for you

SoCalBronco 12-31-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drek (Post 3768295)
Most people with NFL FO connections have suggested that yes, the league was in fact lining up to go after him again.

Hell, there was a thread here like a week ago about Chicago, the team with a "franchise" QB McDaniels already butted head with once, having rumored interest. You think something like that comes out when no team is actually interested.

I'd bet that Buffalo was real interested. The multiple back running attack McDaniels used this year with Ridley/Woodhead/Vareen would be powerful with Spiller and Fred Jackson. Fitzpatrick would be a much better QB in McDaniels' offense than he's been in Gailey's as well.

San Diego is likely going to be in the hunt for someone who can get Rivers back on track and again, McDaniels has shown the ability to get QBs to play well and often with limited WR talent.

Hell, supposedly Shad Khan has already predetermined that he wants Tebow on the Jags before he has a GM or is sure his HC is sticking around, so why not get the coach who believed in Tebow enough to draft him in the first round?

There have been too many vacancies created today for a guy like McDaniels not to have suitors already at the door. It's a damn smart decision on his part to stay put though, because the ideal situation likely isn't out there for him and he can make significant maturation with Belichick, possibly sticking around a few more years and simply inheriting the Pats HC job.

He raped two franchises...in the ass...with a 15 inch dick with AIDS. It's been only one year since his last debacle where he got Spaz fired. He knows he is toxic. This is akin too a guy announcing he is withdrawing from consideration from a job right before they hire the other finalist so he can save face. McD is saving face...nothing more....because it would look even worse if he wasn't getting interviews when B and C list candidates were getting interviews.

Mogulseeker 12-31-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3768216)
Right. I'm sure the rest of the league is just beating down his door.

I'm sure he'll be a good coach someday. Too bad he caught the Broncos on the front end of his learning curve.

Dr. Broncenstein 12-31-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightysmurf (Post 3768312)
I'm sure he'll be a good coach someday. Too bad he caught the Broncos on the front end of his learning curve.

The Belichick Manchurian Candidate trick never gets old. If only history could be used as a guide... the league might be able to see it coming. I'm going to lmao at the next team that decides they will attempt to clone the Patriot way with McJoshie. He should be tougher and smarterer than the last time.

Dr. Broncenstein 12-31-2012 08:55 PM

I'll bet Chicago is on the horn with McD as we speak... begging him to come to the windy city and diffuse the mutiny they have going on right about now.

Houshyamama 12-31-2012 09:19 PM

I'm going to call the White House and leave a message for the President, stating that while I'd like to be Secretary of State someday, I'm going to concentrate on posting on the Mane "right now".

lonestar 12-31-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3768311)
He raped two franchises...in the ass...with a 15 inch dick with AIDS. It's been only one year since his last debacle where he got Spaz fired. He knows he is toxic. This is akin too a guy announcing he is withdrawing from consideration from a job right before they hire the other finalist so he can save face. McD is saving face...nothing more....because it would look even worse if he wasn't getting interviews when B and C list candidates were getting interviews.

Oh boy. It was not his fault Tanahana got fired nor was it his fault that the trifecta of meatheads was traded. If you'd get your head out of your ass and your bromance for them you would be wise..


As for Josh frankly there is not a team that has a spot open that I'd be interested in talking to. They are all cluster****s and have been for most of the decade all but perhaps CLE and maybe JaX have lousy owners that have been lousy since forever.

Next job I'd be looking for has a chance of success. None of them are going to be anything but 4 year plans. Maybe even more in the bears case. Their defense has been their strong point and it is OLD.

I'm also guessing that he did not call them himself that is what agents are for.

SoCalBronco 12-31-2012 09:52 PM

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you would be a Josh supporter. Makes a ton of sense.

Broncos4Life 12-31-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightysmurf (Post 3768312)
I'm sure he'll be a good coach someday. Too bad he caught the Broncos on the front end of his learning curve.

Well....He's really smart. And like WW said... that sums it up. If the little piss ant actually knew how to talk to people he could probably be real successful.
I hope the dip **** gets another HC gig and falls flat on his ****in face again.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.