The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tip of the Hat to Pat (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109542)

broncosteven 12-30-2012 09:27 PM

Tip of the Hat to Pat

We should give Bowlen some kudos on the 13-3 season.

After the disaster of the mCd era he put his trust in John and an established HC in Fox then let them run the show. Watching Sunday Night football and their cut-aways to the owners, Jones and Snyder we as a fan base should be grateful to Bowlen for not being a egocentric glory hound.

Without Bowlen trusting John and Fox I doubt this team would be where it is right now. We have been hard on the guy here but he has been willing to make changes that make this team better. Sure we got lucky wooing Manning and with Von Miller paying dividends but without Elway in place we could be the type of disaster kFc is.

Thanks Pat!

Kaylore 12-30-2012 09:31 PM

Yeah we should. He was ridiculed by signing Elway. It appeared to be a desperate move by a man out of answers. Turns out it was a brilliant move by a man who was only turning the team over to someone who seemed to know how to take care of it the right way.

Pat Bowlen is a great owner. First for having the stones to fire Shanahan and second for having the stones to hire Elway. We had to go through a McDaniels to get to Elway, but in doing so were able to be in position to pick up Miller and got Decker, DT and Beadles along the way.

Well done.

DBroncos4life 12-30-2012 09:43 PM

Posters will continue to ignore how good our owner is. We are very lucky to have a guy like him no matter how broke people think he is.

theAPAOps5 12-30-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3767076)
Yeah we should. He was ridiculed by signing Elway. It appeared to be a desperate move by a man out of answers. Turns out it was a brilliant move by a man who was only turning the team over to someone who seemed to know how to take care of it the right way.

Pat Bowlen is a great owner. First for having the stones to fire Shanahan and second for having the stones to hire Elway. We had to go through a McDaniels to get to Elway, but in doing so were able to be in position to pick up Miller and got Decker, DT and Beadles along the way.

Well done.

Quoted for Peyton ****ing Manning Truth!

Broncos4Life 12-30-2012 09:52 PM

To think this franchise would be where it is today after Mcdummy and the 4-12 season is crazy. Who ever would have thunk it.....

Chris 12-30-2012 10:01 PM

From me to you Pat, thank you.......

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3JciXqpMTx.../pedialyte.jpg

Kaylore 12-30-2012 10:15 PM

Does Pat Bowlen have diarrhea?

DBroncos4life 12-30-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3767207)

That **** is good for hangovers.

theAPAOps5 12-30-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3767207)

Ok, I am not the only one who was trying to figure out what I missed with Pedialyte.

I thought maybe he had a stomach bug.

Lycan 12-30-2012 10:20 PM

I'm not sure I would drink something that has the word "diarrhea" on it more than once.

Kaylore 12-30-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3767209)
That **** is good for hangovers.

Ok. Teetotaler here, so totally clueless.

DBroncos4life 12-30-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3767219)
Ok. Teetotaler here, so totally clueless.

I'm just going to assume that is Mormon for something LOL

DarkHorse30 12-30-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos4Life (Post 3767138)
To think this franchise would be where it is today after Mcdummy and the 4-12 season is crazy. Who ever would have thunk it.....

upon further review, I have ignored McDummy's failings and give him props for 4 things:

-Orange home jerseys again
-Drafting Thomas and Decker
-a terrible final year that ended up getting us Von Miller
-going back to NE and helping them lose another SB

The Joker 12-30-2012 10:29 PM

But he fired teh Shanny and allowed Cutler to be traded!!

He must burn!!

OBF1 12-30-2012 10:34 PM

Not bad for as some here continue to call him... "A gutless drunk" and broke beyond repair.

Kudos Mr Bowlen ^5

Popps 12-30-2012 10:38 PM

Bowlen is due a lot of apologies around here. Never bought into that bull****.

Doggcow 12-30-2012 10:40 PM

DENVA NUMBA ONE DENVA NUMBA ONE

http://imgis.lpserv.net/d/3529-1/farva.gif

Man-Goblin 12-30-2012 10:42 PM

I love him. Even if he is broke.

broncocalijohn 12-31-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3767076)

Well done.

He is gutless, cheap and let a legend go. Screw him.
Signed,

Some mod around here

wolf754life 12-31-2012 12:10 AM

word on the street is bowlen is making a killing in oil/gas in canada and in the lower 48, ie.... north dakota....not so cheap anymore.

12-31-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popps (Post 3767256)
Bowlen is due a lot of apologies around here. Never bought into that bull****.

The dude did hire McDaniels. Let's not pretend he didn't earn some of the ire directed his way. Let's just all be glad the Elway experiment seems to be turning out golden.

BowlenBall 12-31-2012 02:38 AM

Best owner in sports. (and yes, I felt that way even in the midst of the McDaniels debacle)

i4jelway7 12-31-2012 03:01 AM

Bowlen is and has a first class organization

from the top down

kappys 12-31-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3767358)
The dude did hire McDaniels. Let's not pretend he didn't earn some of the ire directed his way. Let's just all be glad the Elway experiment seems to be turning out golden.

The difference between Bowlen and many of the horrible horrible owners(Chuggers, Chiefs, Raiders among others) is that he recognized his mistake and got rid of McDaniels in a timely fashion instead of giving him more time to drive the team further into the ground.

12-31-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kappys (Post 3767422)
The difference between Bowlen and many of the horrible horrible owners(Chuggers, Chiefs, Raiders among others) is that he recognized his mistake and got rid of McDaniels in a timely fashion instead of giving him more time to drive the team further into the ground.

Exactly. Nobody is perfect but the very best quickly admit their mistakes and correct them.

Fair play, Pat.