The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Let's not forget... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109528)

steeledude 12-30-2012 04:51 PM

Let's not forget...
 
Champ Bailey. I was just kind of thinking about when he resigned (two?) years ago. He could have signed with any team he wanted, he could have picked and chosen what seemed to be the quickest route to the Super Bowl and left us behind, and frankly given the way he was treated by McDaniels on the contract negotiations--no one would have blamed him for leaving. All he needs to complete his amazing career is a Super Bowl ring, and for him to sign back with the Broncos after being treated like absolute horse **** by McD, after seeing what kind of major mess our team was in (that was the year we picked 2nd in the draft), just shows he is amongst the most loyal of players today.

I doubt Champ foresaw a day like day coming to Denver. No way he figured on Manning. Of all the Broncos I am happy for, I am most happy for him. This run for the Super Bowl should be in his honor for the complete loyalty he has shown to this team even when some of the team's leaders threw it back in his face.

Conklin 12-30-2012 04:59 PM

:Elway:

USMCBladerunner 12-30-2012 05:00 PM

he had me long before that, but your point is completely valid...I'm not sure what won his heart here in Denver, but I'm really glad that he's here for this run...he's such a good football player, and he seems like good guy as well.

i4jelway7 12-30-2012 05:08 PM

that was an elway move

extralife 12-30-2012 05:10 PM

Amen

dsmoot 12-30-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeledude (Post 3766570)
Champ Bailey. I was just kind of thinking about when he resigned (two?) years ago. He could have signed with any team he wanted, he could have picked and chosen what seemed to be the quickest route to the Super Bowl and left us behind, and frankly given the way he was treated by McDaniels on the contract negotiations--no one would have blamed him for leaving. All he needs to complete his amazing career is a Super Bowl ring, and for him to sign back with the Broncos after being treated like absolute horse **** by McD, after seeing what kind of major mess our team was in (that was the year we picked 2nd in the draft), just shows he is amongst the most loyal of players today.

I doubt Champ foresaw a day like day coming to Denver. No way he figured on Manning. Of all the Broncos I am happy for, I am most happy for him. This run for the Super Bowl should be in his honor for the complete loyalty he has shown to this team even when some of the team's leaders threw it back in his face.

I commend you for remembering this and starting the thread. Not many players in Champs position would have made that decision (no SB and a team in disarray and UFA). It would be interesting to have Champ comment on why he did it and what made the difference.

steeledude 12-30-2012 05:30 PM

Agreed dsmoot and everyone else too. I would love to hear what it was about Denver that got him to stay. About that time he came back I was feeling (as were many of us I am sure) that Denver was kind of viewed as a horrid stop. Then Champ resigns, then Manning comes a year later. Elway is doing some amazing things.

But man would I love to hear Champ speak candidly about everything. He won't do it though. He is the picture perfect example of always conveying a positive message. He wouldn't say a bad thing about anyone.

broncosteven 12-30-2012 05:31 PM

Champ is still the best in the business, he still takes out the other teams best receivers. For Champ a bad day is giving up a handful of passes, that would be a good day for other CB's.

mwill07 12-30-2012 05:36 PM

that's a good point - within two years, Elway signed two 12x pro-bowl free-agents. wow.

also: THIS ONE'S FOR CHAMP!

Lestat 12-30-2012 05:44 PM

i really want a super bowl win as a fan, but i badly want to see us win a super bowl for Champ. the dude deserves at least one SB in his career.

Hulamau 12-30-2012 06:49 PM

Amen to all that Champ deserves the spot right next to Elway on the ring of fame and is certainly a first ballot HFer as the single best all around and most consistent corner of all time ... particularly if he can go out with a SB win or three? But even if not, what he has accomplished and the class he has shown all along merits the top corner vote to ever play this game in my view.

errand 12-30-2012 07:06 PM

this team is playing at a high level right now...and this defense is playing lights out. Champ is a huge part of that surrendering only 16.4 points per home game.....15 per home game during our current 11 game winning streak. Everyone loves home cooking.....

Mogulseeker 12-30-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i4jelway7 (Post 3766612)
that was an elway move

Yeah John came in and saved the relationship. Otherwise I thinks it's possible Champ would have bolted.

El Guapo 12-30-2012 07:16 PM

This one's for Champ!

12-30-2012 07:22 PM

This one's for champ.

Chris 12-30-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeledude (Post 3766648)
Agreed dsmoot and everyone else too. I would love to hear what it was about Denver that got him to stay. About that time he came back I was feeling (as were many of us I am sure) that Denver was kind of viewed as a horrid stop. Then Champ resigns, then Manning comes a year later. Elway is doing some amazing things.

But man would I love to hear Champ speak candidly about everything. He won't do it though. He is the picture perfect example of always conveying a positive message. He wouldn't say a bad thing about anyone.

At the time he said he liked living in Denver and he believed the franchise could get it done.

bowtown 12-30-2012 07:55 PM

Where is the whole "Champ deserves to go to a winner. He should go play for another team" crowd? ****ing traitors.

steeledude 12-30-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 3766976)
Where is the whole "Champ deserves to go to a winner. He should go play for another team" crowd? ****ing traitors.

While I agree that was ridiculous, I'd rather this thread stay more positive please!

bowtown 12-30-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeledude (Post 3767023)
While I agree that was ridiculous, I'd rather this thread stay more positive please!

FINE! In all seriousness, if we hoist the Lombardi, someone better lift it up and say "This one's for Champ." No one deserves it more.

steeledude 12-30-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 3767033)
FINE! In all seriousness, if we hoist the Lombardi, someone better lift it up and say "This one's for Champ." No one deserves it more.

Man that'd be awesome. I can't believe how well this team has done and Champ is the that deserves it most, you're absolutely right.

i4jelway7 12-31-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightysmurf (Post 3766864)
Yeah John came in and saved the relationship. Otherwise I thinks it's possible Champ would have bolted.

NO doubt .. Champs bags were packed he was a goner he probably would be a Patriot right now had it not been for Elway

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 3766976)
Where is the whole "Champ deserves to go to a winner. He should go play for another team" crowd? ****ing traitors.

LOL I remember those threads... ridiculous then, but even more so now.. so where are you all now?

Muddled 12-31-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 3767033)
FINE! In all seriousness, if we hoist the Lombardi, someone better lift it up and say "This one's for Champ." No one deserves it more.

Like a reverse different yet the same Sakic/Bourque moment where Manning hands it to Champ?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.