The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NFL Draft Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Will Sutton - ASU (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109508)

maher_tyler 12-29-2012 04:48 PM

Will Sutton - ASU
 
Anyone else seeing this guy dominate? Every game I've seen ASU play he is constantly in the backfield! I know its early and we have bigger things to currently look forward to but couldn't help but think where this guy might be drafted considering he's a DT with 10.5 sacks on the season.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...99/will-sutton

Lestat 12-29-2012 05:36 PM

he'll likely be a low first rounder if he comes out now with a chance to move up.

24champ 12-29-2012 05:40 PM

Lots of good defensive prospects in the PAC12. Sutton is a beast.

12-29-2012 06:05 PM

This would be a good topic in the draft forum..

12-29-2012 06:18 PM

But none the less we can discuss here. I don't think that Sutton fits our scheme at DT presuming JDR stays as DC and Wolfe at DE. He would fit in as a strong side DE, but we have a plathora of options there.. I think he will struggle as a DE in the NFL against talented NFL linemen.. But for setting the edge and making an ocassional sack and offering solid depth he will be worth a mid round pick..

boppool 12-29-2012 06:39 PM

Not happenin', since we'll be picking 32nd.

maher_tyler 12-29-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3765072)
But none the less we can discuss here. I don't think that Sutton fits our scheme at DT presuming JDR stays as DC and Wolfe at DE. He would fit in as a strong side DE, but we have a plathora of options there.. I think he will struggle as a DE in the NFL against talented NFL linemen.. But for setting the edge and making an ocassional sack and offering solid depth he will be worth a mid round pick..

I think Wolfe will eventually move inside. If we did end up drafting Sutton I could see him in the same type of role as Wolfe is in this year. Wolfe and Sutton at the DT spots.

12-29-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3765095)
I think Wolfe will eventually move inside. If we did end up drafting Sutton I could see him in the same type of role as Wolfe is in this year. Wolfe and Sutton at the DT spots.

Yeah Sutton will be playing strong side DE in a 4-3.. I think he should add some weight. Have you watched him a lot this year? I think he could fill a similar role to Wolfe, but I truthfully think he should play in a gap penetrating role as a SDE in a 4-3. Maybe even as a DE in Houston's scheme. I don't know if he would transition well to a two gap role..

Tombstone RJ 12-29-2012 07:25 PM

I have no problem with the Broncos taking a DT with their first pick, none.

12-29-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3765135)
I have no problem with the Broncos taking a DT with their first pick, none.

As long as they address the position.. Twice would be preferable..

Lestat 12-29-2012 07:55 PM

i don't think Sutton will stay light enough to be a DE in the pros unless it's as a 3-4 DE.
in a 4-3 i think he'll bulk up to about 305 and play DT.

12-29-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 3765143)
i don't think Sutton will stay light enough to be a DE in the pros unless it's as a 3-4 DE.
in a 4-3 i think he'll bulk up to about 305 and play DT.

He needs to add 30 pounds... And not lose his explosiveness.

01-09-2013 11:23 PM

Sutton staying at ASU for senior....Go Devs!

Doggcow 01-10-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3765144)
He needs to add 30 pounds... And not lose his explosiveness.

You could say that about every player in the NFL.

Cmac821 01-10-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3765144)
He needs to add 30 pounds... And not lose his explosiveness.

Sounds like the original idea that sparks steroid use

01-10-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3775359)
You could say that about every player in the NFL.

Doubt it.

01-10-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmac821 (Post 3775360)
Sounds like the original idea that sparks steroid use

Doubt it.

01-10-2013 11:58 AM

This thread should be over, as Sutton is staying another year at ASU.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.