The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How do you get Super Bowl Tickets?? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109501)

SoDak Bronco 12-28-2012 11:31 AM

How do you get Super Bowl Tickets??

How does this work?? I know you can get one off stubhub and nfl ticket exchange for crazy amounts of $$$!!! Do they give season ticket holders an option?? I'd always said the next super bowl Denver made I'd try and gO!! Thanks..not that we are going but we gOtta chance

Meck77 12-28-2012 11:37 AM

You got to own a low priority # or have a buddy that has one. I'm hoping my pal gets drawn! If so I'm hoping to go!

Priority # pertains to how long you've owned your season tickets. The longer your've owned them the lower the priority # and the better chances of getting drawn. That is my understanding more or less.

SoDak Bronco 12-28-2012 12:07 PM

Thanks Meck, good luck

broncosteven 12-28-2012 12:20 PM

Just become a CEO of a multinational corporation. Boom instant Lost Weekend with your favorite vendor.

gunns 12-28-2012 12:26 PM

I've been to two SB's because my mothers company got a certain amount. She had to bid for them.

Mountain Bronco 12-28-2012 12:28 PM

I am looking at going as well, because New Orleans is my favorite place and the Broncos, come on, perfect storm. The prices are crazy, but historically they have dropped when the two teams are announced. I am expecting to pay $3000 for a pair of nosebleeds if it happens.

SouthStndJunkie 12-28-2012 12:33 PM

How do you get Super Bowl tickets?

Straight cash, homey.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/07G23zMGa4g?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/07G23zMGa4g?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

XXXII&III 12-28-2012 12:37 PM

That's what I did for XXXII and XXXIII.... paid cash to dudes outside the stadium early game day. It was just like what I imagine a drug deal going down is.

Smiling Assassin27 12-28-2012 01:15 PM

Hummer. Goodell. That is all.

Mogulseeker 12-28-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meck77 (Post 3764504)
You got to own a low priority # or have a buddy that has one. I'm hoping my pal gets drawn! If so I'm hoping to go!

Priority # pertains to how long you've owned your season tickets. The longer your've owned them the lower the priority # and the better chances of getting drawn. That is my understanding more or less.

So wait, my season tickets actually belong to my Aunt since the inaugural year... does that mean I get to go lol?

SouthStndJunkie 12-28-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightysmurf (Post 3764569)
So wait, my season tickets actually belong to my Aunt since the inaugural year... does that mean I get to go lol?

No....you'll come close to going to the Super Bowl, but something will happen at the last second to prevent it from happening.

R8R H8R 12-28-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco (Post 3764499)
How does this work?? I know you can get one off stubhub and nfl ticket exchange for crazy amounts of $$$!!! Do they give season ticket holders an option?? I'd always said the next super bowl Denver made I'd try and gO!! Thanks..not that we are going but we gOtta chance

A local sports DJ once said that anyone can go to the SB by just hanging out in front of the stadium right at kick off. The scalpers have no choice but to drop their prices dramatically because they are now desperate.

I never tried it myself, but I would not doubt it works. I just don't know how "dramatic" the actual price drop is.

troyjbath 12-28-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3764580)
A local sports DJ once said that anyone can go to the SB by just hanging out in front of the stadium right at kick off. The scalpers have no choice but to drop their prices dramatically because they are now desperate.

I never tried it myself, but I would not doubt it works. I just don't know how "dramatic" the actual price drop is.

That sounds like a huge gamble. I'd rather sell a kidney or two and buy the tickets on stubhub or the ticket exchange.

RhymesayersDU 12-28-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Every time a big sporting event rolls around, Darren Rovell tweets about this. He's an ESPN guy who focuses on sports business. Anyways I would look up his twitter on SB Sunday last year or for the NCAA championship next week.

As the week rolls on, the scalpers do indeed get nervous and are forced to sell tickets for what they can get.

Tombstone RJ 12-28-2012 02:28 PM

If you are going to do the scalper thing, New Orleans is the place to do it. If you never buy a ticket you can still have a pretty good time. That being said you probably need to book a room now.

HAT 12-28-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3764572)
No....you'll come close to going to the Super Bowl, but something will happen at the last second to prevent it from happening.

:thanku::thanku::thanku:

UberBroncoMan 12-28-2012 07:28 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2233/...62d477cbfd.jpg

Use your imagination for the rest.

XXXII&III 12-28-2012 08:01 PM

Well you have to be a *little* smart about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 3764600)

As the week rolls on, the scalpers do indeed get nervous and are forced to sell tickets for what they can get.

It's like playing chicken - people waiting for cheap tickets at the last minute get nervous, lose their nerve, and pay what the scalpers want. Who blinks first.

Supply and demand can be tricky.... sometimes the scalpers sell out and there are just none to be had.... I've seen that happen.

12-28-2012 08:19 PM

Big games usually sell out and you are forced to pay through the nose. I doubt you could get a good deal at all for the SB.

XXXII&III 12-28-2012 08:32 PM

I got the best deal in the world for XXXII in San Diego. Wandering around the parking lot looking for tickets about an hour before kickoff....there were none and I was getting scared... and some gal who had an extra was looking for a good soul to sell hers to - it was me - I chatted her up because of what she was wearing (had no idea she had an extra) and she decided I was the one. So I got it for face value. My hands were shaking so hard I could barely count out my money.

12-28-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXII&III (Post 3764720)
I got the best deal in the world for XXXII in San Diego. Wandering around the parking lot looking for tickets about an hour before kickoff....there were none and I was getting scared... and some gal who had an extra was looking for a good soul to sell hers to - it was me - I chatted her up because of what she was wearing (had no idea she had an extra) and she decided I was the one. So I got it for face value. My hands were shaking so hard I could barely count out my money.

What did you pay? 500 back then?

XXXII&III 12-28-2012 08:45 PM

It was $275 - Jan 25, 1998.

The following year we also went to Miami without tickets. Got 'em from scalpers early in the morning game day, outside the stadium. Face was $325 and we paid $1200 apiece. Maybe it was $1300, I can't remember.

Now the cheapest face value is closing in on $1000.

cutthemdown 12-28-2012 08:47 PM

Superbowls arent so much for us regular fans to go to anymore. I have been to two Superbowls but not the Broncos unfortunately. My dad took us twice when we were kids and it wasn't too expensive. Nowdays you spend thousands.

maher_tyler 12-28-2012 08:54 PM

A guy I was stationed with here in Tucson had season tickets for the Cardinals the first time the Pats and Giants played. Because he had season tickets to the Cardinals he had dibs on tickets.

NOLA Bronco 12-28-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

I will say - this did not work in 1997 or 2002 in New Orleans. 1997 was a Favre superbowl. It worked for the Final Four this year, but not back in 2003.

Nola is a weird town for scalping. No good parking lots to roam. Lots of cops.