The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Biggest bandwagon team in the NFL? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109480)

troyjbath 12-26-2012 12:03 PM

Biggest bandwagon team in the NFL?

Had a discussion with a few family members and friends over Christmas dinner about who's the biggest bandwagon team in the NFL. A friend of mine argued that Denver is on top because of Tebow and Manning. I argued that the Pats are the biggest bandwagon team in the league because of all the non-football fans I see sporting their gear. Most of the Pats fans I know couldn't name more than 2-3 players on the team and admit to not watching much NFL football. What to you think?

Rabb 12-26-2012 12:11 PM

Steelers, and it annoys the **** out of me

bfoflcommish 12-26-2012 12:12 PM

steeler cowboys niners and pats all equal

bronco militia 12-26-2012 12:15 PM

the oakland raiders: the biggest group of fans that don't care who plays for their team

huh?? 12-26-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfoflcommish (Post 3763201)
steeler cowboys niners and pats all equal

I'd add the Packers as well. Maybe Raiders.

troyjbath 12-26-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 3763204)
the oakland raiders: the biggest group of fans that don't care who plays for their team

And biggest group of ex-cons. I'd bet that 1/4th of the Raider fan base is sporting the teardrop tattoo.

ludo21 12-26-2012 12:23 PM

cowboyz

troyjbath 12-26-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 3763213)
cowboyz

I grew up next to the Wind River Indian Reservation and a lot of the natives were Dallas fans. I've always thought it was a little ironic.

RedskinBronco 12-26-2012 12:34 PM

Cowboys and it's not even close.

There are of course hardcore cowboys fans, but they have the largest bandwagon fanbase that has no clue about anything.

Perfect example was I saw something on another message board where a guy said "David Carr is my hero!" after Brandon Carr picked off Big Ben and sealed that game basically.

An hour later "David Carr" was trending on twitter. I'm sure the former Houston QB is loving the attention LOL.

They have a lot of fans who do it just for attention, with the most existing in the DC MD VA areas. We call them NBD (Never Been to Dallas) Cowboys fans.

Steelers are probably 2nd, but they also have way more true fans than the Cowboys.

Edit: I do hear quite a bit though that RGIII has a lot of these bandwagon cowboys "fans" in Texas and in DMV area torn and jumping off the bandwagon. Guess it's always about how to best get attention with these types.

broncocalijohn 12-26-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 3763204)

If it is based on the retard mentality, this is the group. The thugs like the team look but have no clue how bad this team has been for 10 years. It is basically stating to everyone, "I have no clue how ****ty this team is but look how cool the colors look on me!" You can basically sell a JaMarcus Russell jersey for way more than anyone else can sell their ****tiest player jersey by far. No Chargers fan would wear a Leaf jersey.

UberBroncoMan 12-26-2012 01:20 PM

Right now it's the Seahawks. Outside of them it's the Pats and Steelers, as has been for the last decade. Not seen a ton of Cowboy ones, but given the $ that team rakes in, it has to be true.

bronco militia 12-26-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3763230)
If it is based on the retard mentality, this is the group. The thugs like the team look but have no clue how bad this team has been for 10 years. It is basically stating to everyone, "I have no clue how ****ty this team is but look how cool the colors look on me!" You can basically sell a JaMarcus Russell jersey for way more than anyone else can sell their ****tiest player jersey by far. No Chargers fan would wear a Leaf jersey.

yep....and 1a is cowboy fan.

Somewhere bewteen West Texas and and SoCal there is a fan factory for both franchises.

baja 12-26-2012 01:46 PM

Gotta be "America's Team".

12-26-2012 01:52 PM

Bandwagon fans usually go to cities that only support their teams when they are good.

Pats, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers ALWAYS have fans, they are opposite of bandwagon.

The most bandwagon fans I think of it Atlanta. That goes for the Falcons, Braves and Hawks. They only support their teams when they are winning.

Kaylore 12-26-2012 01:53 PM

Cowboys and Steelers.

I will agree that Raider fans are the most clueless. Every preseason they are *sure* they are going to win the SB.

baja 12-26-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3763287)
Bandwagon fans usually go to cities that only support their teams when they are good.

Pats, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers ALWAYS have fans, they are opposite of bandwagon.

The most bandwagon fans I think of it Atlanta. That goes for the Falcons, Braves and Hawks. They only support their teams when they are winning.

In that case I nominate the Chargers fans.

Kaylore 12-26-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3763291)
In that case I nominate the Chargers fans.

Chargers fans aren't there when they're good either.

12-26-2012 02:08 PM

Steeler fans disappear when they suck. And I agree about patriots fans.

maher_tyler 12-26-2012 02:17 PM

Cowboys for sure

Tombstone RJ 12-26-2012 02:23 PM

Cowboys, steelers, niners, packers all come to mind for bandwagon fans.

Mogulseeker 12-26-2012 02:35 PM

We're talking about bandwagoning fans. To me, that means fans that are nowhere to be found when the team sucks. The Pats and 9ers come to mind.

I'd say the Jags, too, but they've never had fans, even when they were good.

Mogulseeker 12-26-2012 02:35 PM

I think the Pack and the Steelers have a pretty solid base even when their team sucks.

Broncojef 12-26-2012 02:36 PM

A lot of Bronco fans springing up these days. I'm vacationing in Kauai
And seeing Broncos gear everywhere. Had 4 Broncos fans in an obscure
Mexican restaurant this morning. The bandwagon grows as the team succeeds
I guess.

NASurfer 12-26-2012 02:40 PM

I know in the 90's and back when the Pats had a minuteman in a 3 point stance as a logo, nobody was a Pats fan back then.

There's good Seattle fans, but the dumbass ones sound just like Charger fans.

R8R H8R 12-26-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3763287)

While I agree with your premise, I never saw so many Packers fans until after Favre and Reggie White joined the team and made them into winners.