The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How do playoff tickets sell? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109475)

12-26-2012 06:20 AM

How do playoff tickets sell?

Can anyone please explain how playoff tickets get sold?
Are they already sold, or TBD?

I see them on stubhub, but ticketmaster doesn't even list the event. NFL.com has no information
I'm totally confused....

Beantown Bronco 12-26-2012 06:35 AM

Ticketmaster will list them once the matchups are basically set. Sometimes, teams like the Broncos will limit the availability of ticketmaster to sell them to anyone outside the immediate geographic area of the home team, so fans like us that don't live anywhere near there will have to go to the secondary market like stubhub, etc.

TheChamp24 12-26-2012 06:56 AM

In years past, the tickets will go on sale at a certain date/time, and they are gone in minutes, with being limited to only the hometown team area code basically.

Heck, I remember back to when the Broncos were going to host the AFCCG back in the 2005 season, tickets for that game didn't go on sale until like an hour after the Steelers beat the Colts.

12-26-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 (Post 3763001)
Can anyone please explain how playoff tickets get sold?
Are they already sold, or TBD?

I see them on stubhub, but ticketmaster doesn't even list the event. NFL.com has no information
I'm totally confused....

If they're selling on Stubhub its either a scam or a season ticket holder who payed the deposit selling you a promise to his tickets when he gets them. Either way I wouldn't buy any tickets until they're actually available.

theAPAOps5 12-26-2012 08:08 AM

I have mine, or at least mine reserved.......... But I am a season ticket holder!

Kaylore 12-26-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3763030)
I have mine, or at least mine reserved.......... But I am a season ticket holder!

Thanks for bringing this point up. I was going to mention that season ticket holders get theirs before everyone.

12-26-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3763033)
Thanks for bringing this point up. I was going to mention that season ticket holders get theirs before everyone.

Deposit was due on the 19th. I don't think they've issued any actual tickets yet though.

bfoflcommish 12-26-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3763036)
Deposit was due on the 19th. I don't think they've issued any actual tickets yet though.

so what if not issued yet? price has already been determined tickets paid for and seats secured. so therefore they can be sold on stubhub

CEH 12-26-2012 08:28 AM

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...NV_TIX_DRP_DWN

This is the official site where season ticket holders can sell tickets

Craigslist is another viable option

but we have not received the tickets in hand yet .

Kaylore 12-26-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3763036)

I don't think the OP was wondering when the tickets physically arrive. I think he was wondering when they were available for purchase. Could be wrong, though...

12-26-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfoflcommish (Post 3763037)
so what if not issued yet? price has already been determined tickets paid for and seats secured. so therefore they can be sold on stubhub

Yeah they can be sold. I'm not a big fan of non electronic download tickets on Stubhub. Don't think I'd go so far as to buy them knowing the tickets don't even exist yet.

I guess if you thought that was the only way they'd ever come available, but I'd wonder why a season ticket holder would be so desperate to get rid of tickets before he even knows what they are. Definite buyer beware situation.

bfoflcommish 12-26-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3763043)
Yeah they can be sold. I'm not a big fan of non electronic download tickets on Stubhub. Don't think I'd go so far as to buy them knowing the tickets don't even exist yet.

I guess if you thought that was the only way they'd ever come available, but I'd wonder why a season ticket holder would be so desperate to get rid of tickets before he even knows what they are. Definite buyer beware situation.

I dont undertand what you are saying here. The season ticket holder knows where they sit and how much they were charged. doesnt matter if its new england, indy etc... seat price already paid for and seat location still the same as all season.

The season ticket holder is getting a jump on the buyers who are already looking...who have much less info to work off of other than the game will be in Denver. dont know if sat or sun, dont know if early or late, etc...

Chris 12-26-2012 09:28 AM

I suppose I can have my relatives get the tickets for me.

How much more do playoff tickets usually run for?

broncocalijohn 12-26-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3763017)
If they're selling on Stubhub its either a scam or a season ticket holder who payed the deposit selling you a promise to his tickets when he gets them. Either way I wouldn't buy any tickets until they're actually available.

Dude, it cant be a scam. Stubhub guarantees all tickets. If you sell on Stubhub, you don't get the money until game is over plus a few days or they have the credit card. If the tickets are no good, they will find you other tickets. When you send them to SH, the download from Ticketmaster/Broncos wipes out any use of original tickets. A season ticket holder would have to claim his tickets got stolen and get re prints and then go in before the new buyer gets them. A season ticket holder is not going to commit fraud for a game (and lose his season tickets plus jail time).
If Stubhub has tickets on sale, it is probably the 3rd best way to go after getting lucky at Ticketmaster & buying on ticketexchange/NFL exchange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3763043)

Interesting fact: Broncos have season ticket holders in all 50 states plus Canada (Bowlen's family?) and Mexico. I know if there were 2 games possible in Denver, many would pick one game to go to and sell the others. It wouldn't matter who the opponent is going to be, if you can't afford to go to both games, you would have the option to sell one of those games.

broncocalijohn 12-26-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEH (Post 3763038)
http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...NV_TIX_DRP_DWN

This is the official site where season ticket holders can sell tickets

Craigslist is another viable option

but we have not received the tickets in hand yet .

BTW, I have received my playoff season tickets on Monday and I live in California.

SouthStndJunkie 12-26-2012 10:50 AM

I've yet to get mine, but I called the ticket office and they said I'll get them sometime this week for sure.

XXXII&III 12-26-2012 11:04 AM

I got mine last week. Two games. AFC Playoff Game, date & time to be announced; AFC Championship Game, date & time to be determined.

Face value (my tickets) for the AFC playoff game is $125; AFC Championship game is $200. Face value for regular & preseason games for my seats is $95.

Tickets like these are what you are seeing on Craigslist and Stubhub.... season ticket holders reselling.

Broncobiv 12-26-2012 03:32 PM

So how does your average joe go about getting Super Bowl tickets? Are the only options: Pay thousands on StubHub or NFL Ticket Exchange, or go with one of those companies that package the tickets with a hotel room and other activities for a few more thousand?

Any other way to get (legit) tickets once the teams are set after January 20?

theAPAOps5 12-26-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfoflcommish (Post 3763050)
I dont undertand what you are saying here. The season ticket holder knows where they sit and how much they were charged. doesnt matter if its new england, indy etc... seat price already paid for and seat location still the same as all season.

The season ticket holder is getting a jump on the buyers who are already looking...who have much less info to work off of other than the game will be in Denver. dont know if sat or sun, dont know if early or late, etc...

There is a jump in price between wildcard games, divisional games, and championship games. So they require a $50 deposit per seat until seeds are finalized. They are not the same price as regular season tickets though.

I have been traveling so I am not sure if mine came yet.

troyjbath 12-26-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3763114)
I've yet to get mine, but I called the ticket office and they said I'll get them sometime this week for sure.

I don't have mine yet either. Wondering if they sent them out in batches since somebody above said they already received theirs.

CEH 12-26-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troyjbath (Post 3763353)
I don't have mine yet either. Wondering if they sent them out in batches since somebody above said they already received theirs.

Yes I just called. They did send them out in batches. All should be recieved within a week

bfoflcommish 12-26-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3763331)
There is a jump in price between wildcard games, divisional games, and championship games. So they require a $50 deposit per seat until seeds are finalized. They are not the same price as regular season tickets though.

I have been traveling so I am not sure if mine came yet.

correct i know that, but again, they wont be cheaper then reg season, and people selling RIGHT NOW on stubhub are tryting to get max value therefore well above any forecasted "face value"

SouthStndJunkie 12-26-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troyjbath (Post 3763353)

Did you do the Championship Game Plan, with the $100 deposit?

That is the way to go for sure.

That's what I normally do and I usually get my tickets by now.

I bet that they arrive in the mail tomorrow.

MVP-06 12-26-2012 05:06 PM

I received mt tix today in the mail. The tix have different prices depending on he game. My seats for example are $130 for wild card, $160 for divisional, and $250 for conference championship game per ticket. Hoping to make the Super Bowl and get picked in the lottery for those tickets.

Just out of curiosity was anyone on here been picked in the lottery for the last Super Bowl or know the odds of being picked?

MVP-06 12-26-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfoflcommish (Post 3763357)
correct i know that, but again, they wont be cheaper then reg season, and people selling RIGHT NOW on stubhub are tryting to get max value therefore well above any forecasted "face value"

The cost of the wild card game was $20 cheaper then my regular season tix. Don't understand how that worked.