The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I don't want the #1 seed but now I do (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109455)

baja 12-23-2012 05:21 PM

I don't want the #1 seed but now I do

Because if Houston loses and we win and NE wins than not only do we get the #1 seed but NE will have the #2 seed. I rather take the #2 seed and make NE play in the wild card game. If we have to go to Houston so be it. Manning is like 12 & 2 there.

Al Wilson 12-23-2012 05:22 PM

You're an idiot. Stop making retarded threads. No one gives a **** if you don't want the #1 seed

12-23-2012 05:23 PM

We win houston and ne lose how bout that

Dukes 12-23-2012 05:23 PM

Doesn't matter either way. We won't be playing in New England, that's the only thing that concerns me.

brncs_fan 12-23-2012 05:24 PM

I like us with a bye week and homefield advantage over anyone in the league. So if #1 means we get homefield than so be it.

HAT 12-23-2012 05:25 PM

A) Nobody cares you drugged out hippie.

B) There's already an active thread on the from page discussing the topic and it even has #1 seed in the title.....Thread Whore.

baja 12-23-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Wilson (Post 3761635)
You're an idiot. Stop making retarded threads. No one gives a **** if you don't want the #1 seed

Alex looks like we have another stupid poster.

Clearly it's best if NE has to play an extra game.

12-23-2012 05:30 PM

Baja I understand the logic behind the post, you'd rather New England get knocked off somewhere and not have to face them. But to me it's inevitable that we face them. To be the best we will have to beat the best! I think there would be nothing sweater than beating NE on the way to the Super Bowl!

gunns 12-23-2012 05:32 PM

Wow, there are some people who bring their Grinch year round.

rbackfactory80 12-23-2012 05:33 PM

I don't want us sitting a week and them getting warm. I kind of want them to get the two so they don't come to Denver warm after thrashing the Bengals or Colts with a head full of confidence and steam.

Us 1, them 2.

Al Wilson 12-23-2012 05:33 PM

#1 seed to secure homefield throughout the playoffs or #2 seed to play the afc championship game on road. Stupidness at its best.

gunns 12-23-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3761644)
Baja I understand the logic behind the post, you'd rather New England get knocked off somewhere and not have to face them. But to me it's inevitable that we face them. To be the best we will have to beat the best! I think there would be nothing sweater than beating NE on the way to the Super Bowl!

I don't think that's it. I think Baja wants NE to be a wild card team and have to play an extra game. NE has never made the SB when they've had to play that extra game.

12-23-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3761652)
I don't think that's it. I think Baja wants NE to be a wild card team and have to play an extra game. NE has never made the SB when they've had to play that extra game.

Yes by playing extra games, that's what I ment, I don't think I conveyed that well.

WolfpackGuy 12-23-2012 05:39 PM

You can be damn sure the Broncos want the top seed.

SonOfLe-loLang 12-23-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3761652)

Thats more trivia than a meaningful statistic.

I'd prefer the top seed.

EDIT: I prefer to have whatever Peyton prefers.

mwill07 12-23-2012 05:40 PM

Screw that. It would be better to host the AFCCG than go on the road.

baja 12-23-2012 05:40 PM

If NE Denver and Houston all win next week as expected than NE has to play Cinci in the wild card game. The Bangles have a good chance of beating them and even if they don't that's one extra game NE has to play. The only AFCC game not played in Denver would be a game played with Houston and playing in Houston is no big deal compared with NE playing an extra game. NE has never reached the SB playing wild card week.

rmsanger 12-23-2012 05:41 PM

who gives a fug about seeding! I just want to make it through next game with our starters healthy and we'll be ready to go anywhere and play anyone while kicking their teeth in.

12-23-2012 05:42 PM

Baja makes sense to me...I mean if his mom wanted the best seed, he wouldn't be here.

Hamrob 12-23-2012 05:43 PM

If we win, we secure the #2 seed.

Asking Houston to lose...is too much.

I don't think that the Colts will beat the Texans. The Colts have made the playoffs and really don't have a lot to play for...other than getting ready for their wild card game. Do they really care if they are the 5th or 6th seed? Heck, they may even rest some of their guys.

RhymesayersDU 12-23-2012 05:44 PM

I don't even want the #2 seed. We're good enough to beat anybody anywhere anytime so just bring it on.

/stupid hippie logic

rbackfactory80 12-23-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamrob (Post 3761664)

I don't think that the Colts will beat the Texans. The Colts have made the playoffs and really don't have a lot to play for...other than getting ready for their wild card game. Do they really care if they are the 5th or 6th seed? Heck, they may even rest some of their guys.

Absolutely, if it means the difference between them playing the Pats or Ravens in the first round.

HAT 12-23-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeZ01 (Post 3761663)
Baja makes sense to me...I mean if his mom wanted the best seed, he wouldn't be here.

LOL....100 posts of pure garbage nullified by one of pure genius.

Rep!

RhymesayersDU 12-23-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamrob (Post 3761664)

You mean do they care playing a great New England team versus a very beatable Baltimore team? Yeah, they probably do. I know I would.

R8R H8R 12-23-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3761642)
Alex looks like we have another stupid poster.

Clearly it's best if NE has to play an extra game.

Yes, I agree with you on NE having to play an extra game. The coaching staff would have 2 weeks to prepare, and the players would have fresh legs.

However, the number 1 seed and a Patsy loss next week would be the ideal situation.