The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Adrian Peterson for MVP??? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109440)

12-23-2012 10:26 AM

Adrian Peterson for MVP???

Am I missing something here? The media is talking as if he already has broken the record. His team will probably fail to reach the playoffs. Am I looking at this through my orange colored glasses or is something really wrong with how the media is dealing with this?

Archer81 12-23-2012 10:27 AM

Less then a year removed from knee reconstruction and has the potential to break Dickerson's record. Its impressive. If the Vikings make the playoffs he will probably win MVP.

:Broncos:

rmsanger 12-23-2012 11:00 AM

He would have my vote and it's not even close.

CEH 12-23-2012 11:06 AM

In close to half their games, AD is putting up rushing numbers close to or greater than Ponder's passing numbers. Ponder is not good and the team is riding AD hard and he's responding with a record breaking season

Without AD, Vikes are probably a 3-4 win team

If Vikes make the playoffs, AD would get my vote.

Lestat 12-23-2012 11:08 AM

dude is a alien or something but he will likely win MVP or at least co-MVP

BroncoMan4ever 12-23-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3760685)
Less then a year removed from knee reconstruction and has the potential to break Dickerson's record. Its impressive. If the Vikings make the playoffs he will probably win MVP.

:Broncos:

Peyton's head was just about ready to fall off his shoulders. He couldn't throw anymore. 4 neck surgeries a new team, turning nameless receivers into stars, has his new team in the number 2 seed with a possuble shot at thw number 1 seed and a legit shot at being the 1st QB to win a super bowl for 2 teams, all after being dumped by the only team he ever knew. AD is having a monster year but Peyton is a having a miracle year when there was doubt he'd ever play again

HAT 12-23-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillerMayhem58 (Post 3760682)
Am I missing something here? The media is talking as if he already has broken the record. His team will probably fail to reach the playoffs. Am I looking at this through my orange colored glasses or is something really wrong with how the media is dealing with this?

Manning is a VERY distant 2nd.

myMind 12-23-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAT (Post 3760721)
Manning is a VERY distant 2nd.

Your post is illogical, and obviously personal opinion.
I could very well see a coMVP this year.

Lestat 12-23-2012 11:35 AM

either Peterson will win it outright due to him coming back so soon after getting hurt in December of last year or it'll be co MVP's.
AP is getting at least a share due to his injury, the team he is on and the defense he faces while doing the work he's been doing.

RhymesayersDU 12-23-2012 11:38 AM

I don't have a problem with AP winning it IF he breaks the record. Not just 2K, but he breaks the record. If he does that give him MVP, comeback, offensive player, whatever. All of it. It's his if he breaks the record IMO.

Punisher 12-23-2012 11:40 AM

Yea because nobody had the Vikings smelling the playoffs.

12-23-2012 11:58 AM

If the Vikes make the playoffs he needs to win the MVP.

halfback 12-23-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher (Post 3760753)
Yea because nobody had the Vikings smelling the playoffs.

Most "experts" had us finishing no better than third in our division before the season started, that being said if ap breaks record he should get it regardless, if not he should get as many votes as cj2k did when he went over 2k..... None

Jason in LA 12-23-2012 12:27 PM

If the Vikings will today and next week, they are in.

I would have no issue with AD getting the MVP award. I would like to see the Vikings O line get some of that credit. Looking at the highlights, it's not just AD breaking tackles. And on a lot of those highlights that shows him getting yards after contant, he isn't getting hit until several yards down field. But the guy has been a beast, and he would have earned the MVP award.

I don't think that he should get Comeback Player of the Year. His injury only cost him one start, so he was never really gone.

12-23-2012 12:35 PM

I could easily see AD as MVP and PFM as Comeback Player of the Year or possibly some sort of joint thing, but I expect they will split it.

Aftermath 12-23-2012 03:21 PM

Are you missing something? AP better be the MVP. Dude is a monster. Their offense is atrocious without him and opposing defenses know they are running all game.

12-23-2012 03:46 PM

I think they should split both MVP and cbpoy

12-23-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aftermath (Post 3761127)
Are you missing something? AP better be the MVP. Dude is a monster. Their offense is atrocious without him and opposing defenses know they are running all game.

MVP stands for Most Valuable Player. If the Vikes do not make the playoffs then how can he be the most valuable player? After all without him they still would not have made the playoffs.

If the Vikes make the play offs he deserves to be MVP. If they don't then not so much.

12-23-2012 04:12 PM

Peyton wasn't even able to throw a football not too many months ago. Peterson is facing 8 man fronts and having success, but if you watch the tape, Minnesota has such creative wrinkles in the run game. San Fran faces similar 8 man fronts, but Gore does not have the break away speed Peterson does, otherwise he would have lots of yards.

It's Peyton and its not even close. Peterson will not even break the rushing record, so how exactly does he deserve to be MVP?

OBF1 12-23-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3761313)
Peyton wasn't even able to throw a football not too many months ago. Peterson is facing 8 man fronts and having success, but if you watch the tape, Minnesota has such creative wrinkles in the run game. San Fran faces similar 8 man fronts, but Gore does not have the break away speed Peterson does, otherwise he would have lots of yards.

It's Peyton and its not even close. Peterson will not even break the rushing record, so how exactly does he deserve to be MVP?

Flawed logic... What all time records is/did Peyton Manning break??? Denver made the playoffs last year with Tebow and the Vikings are playing with a crappy team excluding Peterson.

Denver will be left without a personal player award this year unless you count comeback player of the year as a major award. Let's hope we win what counts the most, The Lombardi.

12-23-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3761606)
Flawed logic... What all time records is/did Peyton Manning break??? Denver made the playoffs last year with Tebow and the Vikings are playing with a crappy team excluding Peterson.

Denver will be left without a personal player award this year unless you count comeback player of the year as a major award. Let's hope we win what counts the most, The Lombardi.

Where is any logic in this post? Your making assumptions and ask what records did Peyton break. What record as AP broken? LOL

I'm gonna call you out when your wrong. This isn't fantasy football player of the year award. Present some kind of argument before you throw rocks, ok glass house?

12-23-2012 06:14 PM

A guy has his neck cut on 4 different times and I along with millions of other thought he was done. He not only came back but is the best QB in the NFL. 30+ tds over 4,000 yds passing and his team in SB position. neck vs knee.......The guy with the neck surgury had much more to overcome than your average knee injury. Oh BTW as I mentioned in the opening post, AP hasn't broke anything yet. I'm surprised so Bronco fans who watched a BETTER RB (TD) have a better season than AP's jumped on this media blitz party for AP. He is great but not MVP great

Gutless Drunk 12-23-2012 06:18 PM

11 TD's = MVP ?

12-23-2012 06:22 PM

Minnesota is winning as a team. The defense has been scoring TDs, Peterson is playing exceptional, and Ponder is doing enough. Peterson didn't score today, and didn't even break 100 yds, BUT THEY WON! Everybody needs to hope off APs nuts, if they don't make the playoffs AND he doesn't break the record, he has no chance. All of you talking about him like it's a lock.

I guess the Broncos would be 12-3 with Tebow this year too right?

Or who wants to talk about what Peterson has recovered from and how Manning's recovery is less than special, because I would like to go there!

Hamrob 12-23-2012 06:48 PM

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Aaron Rogers
4. AP

I don't care what any of you say......Manning, Rogers and Brady mean a hell of a lot more to their perspective teams that AP does to his..........let alone the league itself.

Heck, AP may not even crack the 2000 yard mark. Did Barry Sanders win NFL MVP when he ran for 2050?