The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Skol Vikings! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109423)

mwill07 12-21-2012 08:06 AM

Skol Vikings!

We should all be huge Viking fans this week.

The Texans end the season in Indy vs the Colts - a game that promises an emotional return to the sideline of Coach Pagano. I can see the Colts definitely winning this game - playoffs on the line for Indy, at home, against a divisional rival whom they just played last week and all game-tape is still fresh...everything lines up nicely for Indy.

That being said, if Minnesota were to pull of the upset in Houston this week, Denver would have a legitimate chance at the #1 seed. While I'm not afraid of the Broncos having to go to Houston, man, I'd rather play the Texans in Mile High again.

So, the downfall of the Texans starts on Sunday with Minnesota. It's a long-shot, no doubt. We've all seen long-shots come through though.

all i'm sayin is that if you've got any good luck juju, spend it all on Minnesota this week.

Pick Six 12-21-2012 08:17 AM

Adrian Peterson is trying to get the rushing record, and Minnesota is still in the wildcard hunt. There's plenty of motivation, for the Vikings...

Requiem 12-21-2012 08:22 AM

Would never root for the Vikings in a million years.

Broncos_OTM 12-21-2012 08:54 AM

Hate thevikings my boss is a vikings fan, side note have a full sleeve dedicated to vikingslol

HAT 12-21-2012 09:04 AM

Interesting.

ludo21 12-21-2012 10:06 AM

go vikings!

Play2win 12-21-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwill07 (Post 3759831)
We should all be huge Viking fans this week.

The Texans end the season in Indy vs the Colts - a game that promises an emotional return to the sideline of Coach Pagano. I can see the Colts definitely winning this game - playoffs on the line for Indy, at home, against a divisional rival whom they just played last week and all game-tape is still fresh...everything lines up nicely for Indy.

That being said, if Minnesota were to pull of the upset in Houston this week, Denver would have a legitimate chance at the #1 seed. While I'm not afraid of the Broncos having to go to Houston, man, I'd rather play the Texans in Mile High again.

So, the downfall of the Texans starts on Sunday with Minnesota. It's a long-shot, no doubt. We've all seen long-shots come through though.

all i'm sayin is that if you've got any good luck juju, spend it all on Minnesota this week.

Get in-touch with your inner Mock!!

Greatspirits 12-21-2012 01:43 PM

Would be nice, but I'm not worried about the Texans, I'm just worried about getting past the Pasties!

Bronco Bob 12-22-2012 08:52 AM

Lets just worry about beating the Browns and the Chiefs first.

12-22-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco Bob (Post 3760423)

We are multi-talented we can worry about multiple things at the same time.

theAPAOps5 12-22-2012 02:42 PM

All that matters, in my opinion, is getting one of the top 2 spots. To ensure we don't play New England in Foxborough. I think this team is vastly improved from when they first met and have made additions through subtractions, mainly Joe Mays and his piss poor job of aligning the defense. I wish he had been benched from the onset. I think all 3 losses would have very different results, even if so e remained losses. The defense has really improved with Brooking setting up the unit as opposed to Mays.

ScottXray 12-22-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatspirits (Post 3760087)
Would be nice, but I'm not worried about the Texans, I'm just worried about getting past the Pasties!

If we were to take the # 1 seed, then Houston and NE would be 2 and 3 ( or vice versa if Houston loses 2 and NE wins out). They would have to play each other in the second round ( assuming both get there) We would not face either until the AFCCG, which would be at Denver. Worth throwing a little mojo to Minny and Indy.

baja 12-22-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco Bob (Post 3760423)

Now there's a novel idea. I agree!

baja 12-22-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3760488)
All that matters, in my opinion, is getting one of the top 2 spots. To ensure we don't play New England in Foxborough. I think this team is vastly improved from when they first met and have made additions through subtractions, mainly Joe Mays and his piss poor job of aligning the defense. I wish he had been benched from the onset. I think all 3 losses would have very different results, even if so e remained losses. The defense has really improved with Brooking setting up the unit as opposed to Mays.

How does that work exactly?

theAPAOps5 12-22-2012 04:57 PM

cutthemdown 12-22-2012 05:36 PM

Funny how fast Bronco fans got all cocky again. Everyone expects to win out.

cutthemdown 12-22-2012 05:36 PM

Our run defense stunk vs the patsies. Unless we stop the run we can't rush Gesiele.

mwill07 12-23-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3760525)
Funny how fast Bronco fans got all cocky again. Everyone expects to win out.

in the regular season? I think we all would have expected to win these last two games even before we had Manning.

DarkHorse30 12-23-2012 10:01 AM

curious to see if Houston is as good as their record. One power rank had them as the 4th best AFC team, after Den, NE and Cincy. If Minnesota can get ahead of them, I like their chances

Marshall Dumervil 12-23-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 (Post 3760706)
curious to see if Houston is as good as their record. One power rank had them as the 4th best AFC team, after Den, NE and Cincy. If Minnesota can get ahead of them, I like their chances

Looking good! Hopefully they can hang on, Houston looks very frustrated.

12-23-2012 12:03 PM

We need KC to beat the Colts as well. If the Colts win they wrap up a playoff spot and can rest their starters next week against Houston.

Marshall Dumervil 12-23-2012 12:05 PM

Now they've benched Foster? Crazy.

srphoenix 12-23-2012 12:18 PM

Do the colts need to win next week for a better playoff seed? Or are they locked in to their seed no matter what with a win?

srphoenix 12-23-2012 12:20 PM

It's looking more and more like the Vikings will win this one. Texans are totally flat and Ponder is putting up one of his best games of the year. A Bronco number 1 seed would be a great Christmas gift.

Man-Goblin 12-23-2012 01:00 PM

Wow! Go Colts next week! Hopefully it means something for them.