The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Which season are you enjoying more? Tebowmania or the PeytonDomination (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109385)

shalowlow 12-19-2012 01:26 PM

Which season are you enjoying more? Tebowmania or the PeytonDomination

Yeah I'm going here, because I think it's an interesting question.

Personally, Tebowmania was just great, every game was edge of your seat, and some of those endings were just out of this world. The playoff win against the Steelers was one of my favorite moments as a Broncos fan.

But that same fan in me can't help but love every minute of this season. If it was up to me we would win every game by 50 and never have a game in doubt, so I definitely prefer this season.

But really, we are luck to have such awesome seasons back to back after was was a huge lull since the Cutler days.

I can understand those that may find this season kind of, well maybe boring, especially this winning streak. Or maybe not...

Well what do you think?

Kaylore 12-19-2012 01:32 PM

The end of games were better last year, but that's not a good thing. I love having the 2 seed and knowing we can move the ball when we need to. I am not as much a fan of waiting until the final seven minutes of a game for something good to happen.

DomCasual 12-19-2012 01:34 PM

It's not even a comparison. It's like asking, "What would you rather do - go see the freak show at the county fair, or go see the London Symphony Orchestra?"

This season, I've realized how much I've missed good football. Last year was generally painful to watch for two hours and forty-five minutes every Sunday.

SonOfLe-loLang 12-19-2012 01:37 PM

Last year I felt like I was watching the Circus. Which was fun.

This year, it feels like Im watching football. Which is more fun

BroncoMan4ever 12-19-2012 01:38 PM

The Tebow thing was fun...during the last 3 minutes of games. The other 57 minutes were boring and sucked. Give me this team with a real offense a badass D and the number 2 seed over gimmick football any day of the week

broncocalijohn 12-19-2012 01:39 PM

I liked both and the media going nuts as we kept winning with them b****ing about our 60 yards passing last season was the fun part. I expect wins from Manning and how we won with Tebow was crazy fun. It pissed people off. I know we go farther with Manning but being asked about Tebow and the Broncos last year from Broncos' fans and non fans was pretty fun. Only difference is we will be going farther in January and good chance into February with Manning.

12-19-2012 01:44 PM

This year 100x. Last year was fun but the end result was always known. Denver is a SB threat this year and last year only happens once in every thousand years where all the luck lines up for one QB less flawed team.

TheReverend 12-19-2012 01:48 PM

Let's wait to see how it ends before we answer this question...

Fedaykin 12-19-2012 01:48 PM

This season. No contest.

Bronco X 12-19-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3758527)
Let's wait to see how it ends before we answer this question...

Even if the Broncos are one and out this year, there is no question this team is better than last year's and has a much better shot of winning a title. No need to wait... I'll take this every time.

Tombstone RJ 12-19-2012 02:05 PM

Manning, by a country mile.

Crushaholic 12-19-2012 02:05 PM

After a while, I was actually EMBARRASSED by our dumb luck. The Patriots game exposed what happened with a REAL opponent. It was a mess. I'll take Peyton, for the Super Bowl win, Alex...:lombardi::lombardi:

TheElusiveKyleOrton 12-19-2012 02:06 PM

Manning. Not close.

ColoradoDarin 12-19-2012 02:09 PM

Toss up right now.

We won a playoff game last year (by passing on the #1 pass D!), and we've locked up the AFCW already this year and are shooting for the #2 seed. So yeah, about even, with a slight edge to this year because it's not done yet.

TheReverend 12-19-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco X (Post 3758540)
Even if the Broncos are one and out this year, there is no question this team is better than last year's and has a much better shot of winning a title. No need to wait... I'll take this every time.

They don't have a better shot if they go one and out, technically...

What I'm saying is that the heart favors the present. Last year all the threads were "Most exciting season in Bronco history!!!!!!!!!!111"

maven 12-19-2012 02:31 PM

This year by far. There's for me, actual hope it can go all the way. Last year was a dud towards the end of the season. The huge play in the wild card round was great but the New England game just sucked. Watching the team last season was fun, but I knew it wasn't a team going all the way.

bronco militia 12-19-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3758515)
Last year I felt like I was watching the Circus. Which was fun.

This year, it feels like Im watching football. Which is more fun

this^

last year was a freak show everyweek. It was 10 times more fun than the previous 5 years combined.

srphoenix 12-19-2012 02:40 PM

This year has been much better even though last year was a blast. It's nice to be able to trust the offense when it gets on the field. It's like going from 2008-2010's awful defenses to last year and this years defense.

bombay 12-19-2012 02:41 PM

I'm a Broncos fan. Love what is happening here, and don't care what is happening in NY.

enjolras 12-19-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3758554)
Toss up right now.

We won a playoff game last year (by passing on the #1 pass D!), and we've locked up the AFCW already this year and are shooting for the #2 seed. So yeah, about even, with a slight edge to this year because it's not done yet.

This years team beats that Steelers team by 32 points. They were banged up beyond all belief when we got them last year.

baja 12-19-2012 02:46 PM

If last season with Tebow was an 8 this season with Manning and the rest of the team is a 25.

12-19-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3758592)
This years team beats that Steelers team by 32 points. They were banged up beyond all belief when we got them last year.

Please. Last year's Steelers were 12-4. This year's Steelers will be lucky to get to 9-7. And didn't we play them early on this year? Oh yeah, we did. If I remember right, we were trailing well into the 4th.

spdirty 12-19-2012 02:53 PM

We were never in any danger of competing for a Super Bowl championship last year. This year we should be favorites. This isn't like choosing between '97 and '98, its like night and day. Shoot even though last year was unforgettable, I would take '05 over last year. At least then we thought we had a shot at the whole thing.

I want Super Bowls. That's what it's all about for me.

Smiling Assassin27 12-19-2012 02:57 PM

This year is SO much better. YOu can only say 'yeah, but he just wins games.' so many times before you wanna kick your own ass.

Requiem 12-19-2012 02:58 PM

Perton Marrning.