The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Coming Up: Cleveland Browns (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109357)

Rohirrim 12-17-2012 10:27 AM

Coming Up: Cleveland Browns
 
This rivalry doesn't have the same "Oomph" that it did in the 80s, when it seemed like we went up against the Browns every year in the playoffs. Since the "real" Browns moved to Baltimore, it hasn't been the same. Broncos finish with two games at home, sitting in complete control of their destiny. What could be wrong with that? Hard to get serious about the Browns and Chiefs. Maybe even thoughts of giving Brock some playing time? Even the Cleveland Plain Dealer can't get it up for this one:

Weeden has thrown for 3,281 yards in his rookie season, but has thrown just 14 touchdowns against 17 interceptions.

The Browns rank among the league's bottom half in pass and rush offense, as well as pass and rush defense.

http://denver.sbnation.com/broncos/2...me-tv-schedule

The game plan for this one should be: Peyton gets the fat lead in the first half. Brock comes in. Start putting in second stringers and make sure nobody gets hurt. Pound the ball with Hillman and Hester. Rest who you can.

Crushaholic 12-17-2012 10:31 AM

Now is not the time to rest the starters. One slip up, by Denver, likely means the loss of the bye. I don't see the Patriots losing to the Jaguars or the Dolphins...

Rohirrim 12-17-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 3756814)
Now is not the time to rest the starters. One slip up, by Denver, likely means the loss of the bye. I don't see the Patriots losing to the Jaguars or the Dolphins...

I don't see Houston losing to the Vikes and the Colts either, so I consider the one seed a moot point.

Tombstone RJ 12-17-2012 10:35 AM

If it's a blowout, some of the starters will get rested. I doubt Kuper plays at all as I think the team would be wise in allowing him to heal fully for the playoff run.

sgbfan 12-17-2012 10:46 AM

Getting back McGahee and Kuper for the playoffs will be a huge boost. Lets just get up big early and rest our players in the second half so they aren't replacing other key players.

Dedhed 12-17-2012 10:56 AM

We can't take any chances at this point. If NE somehow loses next week and we win, then we can talk about resting starters, but playing NE at home is a huge priority and we can't risk losing that advantage.

The starters should be playing until that scenario is iced away.

Lestat 12-17-2012 11:01 AM

unless we're up 40-0 in the 4th we better not rest a damn thing.
i want Brock to get live game reps and i want our starters healthy but we're playing for the chance to host at least 1 playoff game and a bye. that's bigger than resting guys.

oubronco 12-17-2012 11:02 AM

http://raddezigns.com/decal_pics/10278_Black.jpg

spdirty 12-17-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgbfan (Post 3756836)
Getting back McGahee and Kuper for the playoffs will be a huge boost. Lets just get up big early and rest our players in the second half so they aren't replacing other key players.

I don't want mcgahees fumbling ass back. Knowshow is showing up and doing fine and is securing the ball extremely well.

Need Kuper back though. Ramirez is terrible.

Rohirrim 12-17-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedhed (Post 3756849)
We can't take any chances at this point. If NE somehow loses next week and we win, then we can talk about resting starters, but playing NE at home is a huge priority and we can't risk losing that advantage.

The starters should be playing until that scenario is iced away.

There are pros and cons. You're right. The one thing that worries me is a team losing its edge. We've all seen teams rest starters and then pay for it in the playoffs. On the other hand, rested players can bring a hell of a lot more to a big game. I imagine every coach has his own way of reaching a balance. I don't know enough about Fox to know what he'll do. I think if it's up to Peyton, everybody will play every minute. Ha!

Greatspirits 12-17-2012 11:19 AM

Cleland will be tough, it won't be blow out but we should win confortably

Rohirrim 12-17-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatspirits (Post 3756877)
Cleland will be tough, it won't be blow out but we should win confortably

Reading their media and message boards, it sounds like the air has gone out of them after losing to the Skins. I think they're just going to want to play out the string and put this season behind them.

sgbfan 12-17-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3756862)
I don't want mcgahees fumbling ass back. Knowshow is showing up and doing fine and is securing the ball extremely well.

Need Kuper back though. Ramirez is terrible.

As good as Moreno has been, he will probably continue to start, but having Mcgahee instead of hillman as the #2 would be a huge difference.

Taco John 12-17-2012 11:23 AM

The Browns never felt like a "rivalry" to me. They always just felt like a team we beat on our way through the playoffs.

Crushaholic 12-17-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatspirits (Post 3756877)
Cleveland will be tough, it won't be blow out but we should win comfortably

Yesterday's game was as close to a blowout as we've had, in a long time. Even then, we let them back in the game. I agree that it won't be a blowout. We don't step on throats. That's just not our style...

Crushaholic 12-17-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3756816)
I don't see Houston losing to the Vikes and the Colts either, so I consider the one seed a moot point.

I'm not even talking about the #1 seed. We are holding on to the #2 seed, by the skin of our teeth...

Br0nc0Buster 12-17-2012 11:29 AM

McGahee is coming back?

I would prefer he didnt
His fumbling could cost us a playoff game

Knowshon is doing a good job, no need to have McGahee poach touches

Rock Chalk 12-17-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3756816)
I don't see Houston losing to the Vikes and the Colts either, so I consider the one seed a moot point.

Maybe not the Vikings, but the Colts played them tough in Houston and the next game is in Indy. I CAN see Houston losing that game but they may be resting their starters if they handle the Vikings they have HFA locked up anyway.

Al Wilson 12-17-2012 11:43 AM

Nobody thinks the Texans can lose to both the Vikings and Colts? The way Peterson is playing they can beat any team, and the Colts play tough at home.

Rohirrim 12-17-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Wilson (Post 3756909)
Nobody thinks the Texans can lose to both the Vikings and Colts? The way Peterson is playing they can beat any team, and the Colts play tough at home.

They already handled the Colts pretty convincingly. I guess anything could happen.

Lestat 12-17-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Wilson (Post 3756909)
Nobody thinks the Texans can lose to both the Vikings and Colts? The way Peterson is playing they can beat any team, and the Colts play tough at home.

Ponder is their starting QB. the best thing about him is he's engaged to ESPN's Samantha Steele.

the Colts i could see due to it being a division game. but the Texans are too good to lose to the Viks with it all on the line. then again, they're also schizo.

Dedhed 12-17-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3756864)
There are pros and cons. You're right. The one thing that worries me is a team losing its edge. We've all seen teams rest starters and then pay for it in the playoffs. On the other hand, rested players can bring a hell of a lot more to a big game. I imagine every coach has his own way of reaching a balance. I don't know enough about Fox to know what he'll do. I think if it's up to Peyton, everybody will play every minute. Ha!

The rest during a bye week is far more valuable than sitting for a quarter during a blowout.

Fedaykin 12-17-2012 12:12 PM

It is sad that once great rivals in the 80s have been reduced to a replacement team that hasn't done **** in going on two decades.

Also sucks we have to play the god damn browns two weeks in a row during the regular season! ;)

Kaylore 12-17-2012 12:20 PM

The Browns are a team on the right path. They have a good defense, a very good running back, and are hoping their QB can grow up quickly. Their return game is good. They are average, not bad.

DBroncos4life 12-17-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3756950)
The Browns are a team on the right path. They have a good defense, a very good running back, and are hoping their QB can grow up quickly. Their return game is good. They are average, not bad.

I honestly can't believe they want to blow the coaching staff up. I hope they do and fail because that is what they deserve.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.