The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   THIS IS GREAT! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109353)

Rohirrim 12-17-2012 07:37 AM

THIS IS GREAT!

This is awesome! What a fantastic football Sunday. Remember all the bad ****? The hard years? Griese and Plummer? TD's career ending injury? Cutler? Shanahan getting fired. Those ass-kickings at home by the Raiders and Chargers? McDaniels? The team in smoking ruin? Everybody blaming everybody? Tebow? The Tebowites? The discord? The fights? The near-riot on the Mane?

And now?

We are in the fields of Ambrosia. Elysium where Homer said, "... to the Elysian plain…where life is easiest for men. No snow is there, nor heavy storm, nor ever rain, but ever does Ocean send up blasts of the shrill-blowing West Wind that they may give cooling to men."

Not only are the Broncos in the playoffs, but they are a force to be reckoned with. Who wants to come to Denver and play these Broncos?

Nobody. That's who. Let us take a moment to breathe the exalted air. Enjoy.

:Broncos:

12-17-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3756665)
Remember all the bad ****? The hard years? Griese and Plummer? TD's career ending injury? Cutler? Shanahan getting fired.

Speak for yourself! The day Shannyham was fired was one of my happiest days as a Broncos fan.

The Mastermind should have moved to another team after Elway retired. Instead, like Captain Ahab, he took down the ship trying to prove that he could win without a team stocked with HOF-caliber players.

Well, that didn't work out so well, did it. Shannyham is doing great things with the Redskins. He just needed a change of venue. Too bad that change didn't happen back in 1998 after Super Bowl XXXIII.

Rohirrim 12-17-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco (Post 3756671)
Speak for yourself! The day Shannyham was fired was one of my happiest days as a Broncos fan.

The Mastermind should have moved to another team after Elway retired. Instead, like Captain Ahab, he took down the ship trying to prove that he could win without a team stocked with HOF-caliber players.

Well, that didn't work out so well, did it. Shannyham is doing great things with the Redskins. He just needed a change of venue. Too bad that change didn't happen back in 1998 after Super Bowl XXXIII.

I wasn't saying it was good or bad, just that it created turmoil.

enjolras 12-17-2012 08:19 AM

It's awesome. I'm having a blast.

Although you'd think we we're 0-13 right now from the tone of about 3/4 of the posts around here.

oubronco 12-17-2012 08:28 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk...5n55o1_500.gif

oubronco 12-17-2012 08:31 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk...5n55o1_500.gif

Crushaholic 12-17-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Eh, I wouldn't call it GREAT. The Redskins are on top, but still barely over .500...

Fedaykin 12-17-2012 08:48 AM

We're not hanging net 50 pts on every team, we suck.

/signed debbie downers

Greatspirits 12-17-2012 09:06 AM

Haven't felt this great or confident about the Bronx since the Super Bowl days!

baja 12-17-2012 09:11 AM

The problem I have is deciding which I enjoy more, watching the defense or watching the offense.

colonelbeef 12-17-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

more idiocy from know-nothing ingrates.

DarkHorse30 12-17-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3756729)
The problem I have is deciding which I enjoy more, watching the defense or watching the offense.

Bingo. I used to specifically try NOT to watch when our defense was on the field. I LIKE this problem

colonelbeef 12-17-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 3756698)
Eh, I wouldn't call it GREAT. The Redskins are on top, but still barely over .500...

right dude. Shanahan is in the running for coach of the year, and has a rookie QB and RB playing out of their minds with a team suddenly 8-6, in first place in the NFC East despite injuries all over, including to the 3 best players on defense.

How is it that Bronco fans still don't appreciate how great of a HC Mike Shanahan is? Will you be frowning when he gets a bust in Canton?

Quoydogs 12-17-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

I liked Shanny, but he had too much power. Seems to happen every time they give all the power to the coaches it's just too much to handle. Same thing with homegrown in Seattle a few years back.

Mediator12 12-17-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quoydogs (Post 3756799)
I liked Shanny, but he had too much power. Seems to happen every time they give all the power to the coaches it's just too much to handle. Same thing with homegrown in Seattle a few years back.

I do not think it is the power that gets them, but the lack of building up their staff and Front office with quality people. Shanahan had tremendous coaches when they went to the SB's and then he started hiring buddies and guys who would do what he said instead of competent people for a long time.

He did not like collaboration at all, but wanted yes men and sycophants to build him up. It turned a real good talented team into a mediocre team that was supposedly "one or two players" away from greatness. In reality, he did a poor job of player, coach, and Front office acquisition and it finally bit him in the ass with mediocreness for too long due to those factors.

He is still a world class X's and O's guy, but he is a terrible HC and GM most days because of his philosophy on not having great people around him challenging him.

Tombstone RJ 12-17-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediator12 (Post 3756812)
I do not think it is the power that gets them, but the lack of building up their staff and Front office with quality people. Shanahan had tremendous coaches when they went to the SB's and then he started hiring buddies and guys who would do what he said instead of competent people for a long time.

He did not like collaboration at all, but wanted yes men and sycophants to build him up. It turned a real good talented team into a mediocre team that was supposedly "one or two players" away from greatness. In reality, he did a poor job of player, coach, and Front office acquisition and it finally bit him in the ass with mediocreness for too long due to those factors.

He is still a world class X's and O's guy, but he is a terrible HC and GM most days because of his philosophy on not having great people around him challenging him.

So Shanny suffers from a huge ego, which is what I've said all along. He's his own worst enemy, but such is the case with huge egos.

milehighJC 12-17-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3756729)

+1

I will say that I had a lot of fun last year. Being at the Chicago game was a blast - I still think it was as loud as I have heard in the "new" stadium. Seeing the Broncos come back in seemingly impossible situations was fun, but nerve wracking. It was fun, but you knew in your brain if not your heart that they really were not that good. But winning was fun. It had been a long time. My daughters used the words "hot mess".

This year is a thing of beauty. Not since the Elway days have I felt that calm confidence that we are going to find a way to win. Not since those days have I seen crowds glued to the nearest TV on game day. I was at Winter Park yesterday and we came in for lunch early to watch for a while. The place completely ERUPTED on the interception return - it was unbelievably loud.

When I got home, I watched the game start to finish on the DVR, skipping from end of plays to the offense being lined up ready to snap. It is striking how efficient the offense looks when you view the game that way. It is a well oiled and exotic machine. The defense is fast, violent, and effective. Seems like a big play is always close... I never want to look away or risk missing an interception or a sack.

Its a good time to be a Broncos fan.

Mediator12 12-17-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3756815)
So Shanny suffers from a huge ego, which is what I've said all along. He's his own worst enemy, but such is the case with huge egos.

I just wish he would learn from his mistakes like Belichick did from his time in Cleveland. The problem is he won big right away as a HC in DEN. It cemented his philosophy and instead of growing and getting better he remains very adamant and stubborn on the non-football side of things.

I just hate it when people are their own worst enemies. I know I am mine, it took me awhile to figure that out. And guys like that really ignite a passion inside me to help them be better. That is why I do what I do. I take people and organizations from mediocre or good to great.

CEH 12-17-2012 10:43 AM

NE presumably coming to town for a playoff game. Shades of 2005 but NE had a better team back then on an 8 game playoff win streak and Denver has a better team now. Plus when Brady looks across the LOS he will not see Joe Mays. This is a one month training camp for the NE Patriots and a fantastic playoff game

Rohirrim 12-17-2012 10:47 AM

Much like Seattle and SF, the Broncos have the right combination for beating the Pats.

CEH 12-17-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3756815)

Many former players recounts Shanny's style of college scouting as wanting to only see the players highlight film because as Mike would say "He hasn't been coached by me"

Chris 12-17-2012 10:51 AM

Lot of tough years. It feels quite frankly strange.

12-17-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3756665)
This is awesome! What a fantastic football Sunday. Remember all the bad ****? The hard years? Griese and Plummer? TD's career ending injury? Cutler? Shanahan getting fired. Those ass-kickings at home by the Raiders and Chargers? McDaniels? The team in smoking ruin? Everybody blaming everybody? Tebow? The Tebowites? The discord? The fights? The near-riot on the Mane?

And now?

We are in the fields of Ambrosia. Elysium where Homer said, "... to the Elysian plain…where life is easiest for men. No snow is there, nor heavy storm, nor ever rain, but ever does Ocean send up blasts of the shrill-blowing West Wind that they may give cooling to men."

Not only are the Broncos in the playoffs, but they are a force to be reckoned with. Who wants to come to Denver and play these Broncos?

Nobody. That's who. Let us take a moment to breathe the exalted air. Enjoy.

:Broncos:

The Manning effect

Mediator12 12-17-2012 10:57 AM

Well, we got the right response to the barometer game right?

We not only won it, we won it in convincing fashion on the road to a desperate team in need of a win to secure their playoff position. We basically eliminated them from having a chance at the bye.

So, not only is this great. It is a hell of a lot better than limping in and praying for miracles like last year ;D

CEH 12-17-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediator12 (Post 3756851)
Well, we got the right response to the barometer game right?

We not only won it, we won it in convincing fashion on the road to a desperate team in need of a win to secure their playoff position. We basically eliminated them from having a chance at the bye.

So, not only is this great. It is a hell of a lot better than limping in and praying for miracles like last year ;D

Yes is what I think as well. Statement Sunday. What do you think about going into the playoffs on an 11 game winning streak? I guess we'll see.

Hot is hot and that has been the recipe for success in the past couple years