The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Broncos awards shut out coming? Brady MVP, Watt DPOY, AD CPOY? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109347)

Kaylore 12-16-2012 09:37 PM

Broncos awards shut out coming? Brady MVP, Watt DPOY, AD CPOY?

I was looking at how AD just went off on the Rams and is looking to break Dickerson's record. I was skeptical, but it really could happen, and if it does, you have to give him something big - especially if the Vikings make the playoffs. If not MVP, he will probably be the favorite for CPOY.

Then Brady is putting up a ton of yards and TD's late. The loss today will help. They do get the Jags but will have a hard time against the Dolphins at home. I think if the Pats had comeback today Brady would be MVP no matter what happened the rest of the season.

And finally JJ Watt still leads Miller in sacks. He got three more today and 6 tackles for a loss total. He and Smith could both break the sack record for the season. We get to play the Browns and the Chiefs at home, but if something doesn't change, Watt could win it.

My Point? You could see a scenario where Manning and Miller get nothing more than pro-bowl or all pro nods and lose out on the MVP, CPOY and DPOY races because the competition has been so stiff. It would be disappointing, but hardly unfair considering what is being done by these other guys.

theAPAOps5 12-16-2012 09:39 PM

Well if Denver can dry their tears on the Lombardi, I think they will take a shut out!

maven 12-16-2012 09:39 PM

AD=NFL MVP
WATT=DMVP
MANNING=COMEBACKPOY

kappys 12-16-2012 09:40 PM

I'll take your scenario with a Lombardi

Kaylore 12-16-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3756507)
Well if Denver can dry their tears on the Lombardi, I think they will take a shut out!

I agree. League MVP's rarely win the SB, so it wouldn't be devastating.

errand 12-16-2012 09:43 PM

Rod Hubble says trophies are for people with low self esteem...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XKV66HHytSE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12-16-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3756502)
I was looking at how AD just went off on the Rams and is looking to break Dickerson's record. I was skeptical, but it really could happen, and if it does, you have to give him something big - especially if the Vikings make the playoffs. If not MVP, he will probably be the favorite for CPOY.

Then Brady is putting up a ton of yards and TD's late. The loss today will help. They do get the Jags but will have a hard time against the Dolphins at home. I think if the Pats had comeback today Brady would be MVP no matter what happened the rest of the season.

And finally JJ Watt still leads Miller in sacks. He got three more today and 6 tackles for a loss total. He and Smith could both break the sack record for the season. We get to play the Browns and the Chiefs at home, but if something doesn't change, Watt could win it.

My Point? You could see a scenario where Manning and Miller get nothing more than pro-bowl or all pro nods and lose out on the MVP, CPOY and DPOY races because the competition has been so stiff. It would be disappointing, but hardly unfair considering what is being done by these other guys.

Those things would be nice but to tell you the truth I could care less. The only thing those rewards will do is drive up Miller's asking price when he becomes a FA.

KevinJames 12-16-2012 09:45 PM

Nah

Von Miller might still get DPOY

Peyton Manning or Adrian Peterson will win MVP whoever doesn't will win comeback player.

TheChamp24 12-16-2012 09:51 PM

Miller had a great game, just didn't show up in the stat sheet.

But after today, Watt certified himself as DPOY IMO unless Miller has completely monster games to finish the year.

and if Peterson continues his pace, and Vikings make the playoffs, I'd give him MVP and OPOY.

Manning is the comeback player though.

12-16-2012 09:54 PM

I fully expect a full Denver snubbing. All Bronco fans should.

SonOfLe-loLang 12-16-2012 09:56 PM

My guess is Peyton still gets comeback, but i dont really care about any of that

Al Wilson 12-16-2012 09:58 PM

Shouldn't MVP be awarded to the player that has the most impact on a team? Manning elevated the entire organization since day 1. He is having a one of his best seasons as a pro on a new team after 3 neck surgeries. AD is having a great year, I love the dude, but Manning has had more of an impact.

ZONA 12-16-2012 10:05 PM

Where did AD come from? I've always heard Adrian Peterson referred to as AP.

Al Wilson 12-16-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3756538)

AD = All Day, always has been

sgbfan 12-16-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Its not new. AD is for All Day.

Shoemaker 12-16-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

His nickname is "All-Day," so people call him "AD" or "ADP" for short.

For the thread topic: I don't expect the Broncos to be shut out of the awards.

I think Peyton's still the favorite for the MVP, though if the Vikings make the playoffs Peterson could very easily win it. I think Peterson might be a shoo-in for OPOY, though, and they usually don't give that award and the MVP to the same player. And one could argue that Peyton has just as good of a case for Comeback POY as AD, since AD only missed one game while Peyton missed an entire season AND changed teams.

Brady's been very good this season, but I don't think he's got the hype that either Peyton or AD have going.

Watt's probably cemented himself as DPOY, though.

SoCalBronco 12-16-2012 10:26 PM

I think if Watt breaks the sack record, he would deserve DPOY and if Peterson breaks Dickerson's record, he would definitely deserve MVP. It's no slight on us. Alot of guys (including our guys) can make very good cases for the various awards.

I'm grateful that we're 11-3 and if we play well for two more games, we can get to 13-3 and the No. 2 seed. There's literally no better scenario that could have happened once we were 2-3. The last time I can remember some team winning 11 or more straight regular season games was 1994 when SF started 1-3 and won out. That is the important goal right now. Manning has won MVPs. Von will win multiple DPOY awards whether he wins one in 2012 or not.

Denver is arguably the best team in the entire league right now. We ARE closer to winning a Super Bowl title right now than we have been at any time since January, 1999. This is a stronger team than 2005 and if we can just hold serve at home the next two games we will be well positioned to do it. I'm not afraid of playing at Houston. We're much better than we were when we last played them....and we are LIGHTS OUT at home. So I really couldnt care less about the awards because I can almost taste the title right now. The bye is critical, not only for the home game in the second round, but also because it would give WMac another week to get ready. Moreno has played well, but losing Willis has had an appreciable impact on our Red Zone and Goalline offense. If we could just beat those two remaining teams, I feel good about beating whoever we play in Round 2, even NE, so long as its in DEN. And then with two healty backs, both playing well, we can go into HOU and win and beat whoever the NFC Champion is.

The awards are just side issues at this point. The whole thing is right there in front of us. That's the only thing I really want at this point. Seroiusly, who goes into Baltimore and goes up 31-3? Who has done that at any time in recent memory? This is the best team in the NFL. Keep it up and win the title. Forget the awards.

12-16-2012 10:33 PM

The only trophy that matters is the superbowl!

12-16-2012 10:38 PM

Elway will get executive of the year.

sgbfan 12-16-2012 10:40 PM

They can have the rest, we'll just take superbowl MVP and the Lombardi!

pricejj 12-16-2012 10:45 PM

Not only do I not care about those awards...I don't want those awards.

Only. Want. Superbowl.

BroncoMan4ever 12-16-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3756507)

Agreed. Watt, Brady and AP can polish their awards while Broncos polish super bowl rings.

R8R H8R 12-16-2012 11:02 PM

It really doesn't matter who gets what because Peyton will get SB MVP, and that is all that matters.

lonestar 12-16-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3756502)

was thinking that to be a CBPOY you had to be out the year before IIRC he only missed part of the last game last year with the knee injury..

I was laughed at about thinking JJ was the better player between him and Von..

Lot of homerism going on..

In order to have a chance at any of those awards our guys need to kick ass the last few games.. More than JJ, Brady and Smith do..

Serious ass kicking folks..

Neither of the teams coming in have anything to lose and will be playing for pride as well as jobs for next year.. both look to have new FO staffs next year and will want to be on film looking their best at least individually..

Thinking they will be harder than most on here will think they are..

ZONA 12-17-2012 12:04 AM

Well I guess AD/AP also goes by the alias Purple Jesus, according to wiki,hahaha. Never heard that before. He's damn good but references to being a god is a little over hype IMO.