The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kuper Glue (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109317)

baja 12-15-2012 06:46 AM

Kuper Glue

Denver Broncos right guard Chris Kuper looks like Peyton Manning's MVP
POSTED: 12/15/2012 12:01:00 AM MST
UPDATED: 12/15/2012 12:32:21 AM MSTBy Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Broncos guard Chris Kuper (John Leyba, Denver Post file)
If Peyton Manning is the most valuable Bronco, Chris Kuper might be the Bronco most valuable to Manning's well being.

In the five games Kuper has been the Broncos' starting right guard, Manning has been sacked only twice. In the eight games Kuper missed because of forearm and ankle injuries, Manning has been sacked 17 times.

That doesn't mean Kuper's replacement, Manny Ramirez, is responsible for so many hits on Denver's quarterback. But it does speak to Kuper's role as the glue and leader of the Broncos' offensive line.

"I don't think it's one guy. I don't think it ever is," said coach John Fox. "There's a lot of guys involved in the pass protection from the quarterback to the wideouts, running backs. So I think that's really by chance."

Yes and no. Offensive lines don't work as five separate blockers but as five blockers who move and ward off defenders as one. Remove one piece from that line especially a piece such as Kuper, who is the senior member of Denver's blocking unit and there could be a domino effect.

Kuper has been around so long, he was a teammate of center Tom Nalen and left tackle Matt Lepsis. Kuper has the strength and instincts to help young right tackle Orlando Franklin and veteran center Dan Koppen, who has been with the Broncos for only three months.

Problem is, Kuper has been banged up all season. He missed the first five games because of a fractured left forearm and missed three more because of a left ankle injury that flared up last week before the game at Oakland. It's the ankle that was dislocated during the final game of last season.

Read more: Denver Broncos right guard Chris Kuper looks like Peyton Manning's MVP - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2F8FNrdZl
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

baja 12-15-2012 06:47 AM

Chris Kuper = Kuper Glue

TheElusiveKyleOrton 12-15-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3753599)
Chris Kuper = Kuper Glue

http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2...-and-there.jpg

Kaylore 12-15-2012 07:10 AM

Kuper is awesome. Obviously. However some of that is who we played. JJ Watt makes a lot of players look bad. I'm not saying Kuper allows a sack against the Texans, but I am saying some of this is who played when he was out.

BroncoSexyDaddy 12-15-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3753601)
Kuper is awesome. Obviously. However some of that is who we played. JJ Watt makes a lot of players look bad. I'm not saying Kuper allows a sack against the Texans, but I am saying some of this is who played when he was out.

After the Ravens game i would sit Kuper until the playoffs.Kuper is a player we need if we want to knock off the Patriots.

TheReverend 12-15-2012 08:58 AM

Kuper Glue is what Khan likes all over his face.

Rohirrim 12-15-2012 09:06 AM

This is why I hope the Broncos put the top layer of their investment bucks in the offensive line this off season. We only have Peyton for a short period of time. Got to make the best of it.

Hamrob 12-15-2012 09:20 AM

I love Kuper...I think he helps to call the schemes etc. He's a huge loss.

The problem with Kuper right now? He's a "Glass House". Unfortunate, but true!

Wes Mantooth 12-15-2012 09:49 AM

Kupers so awesome his dad posts here

Kaylore 12-15-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3753628)
Kuper Glue is what Khan likes all over his face.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5y2osOku21qdre25.gif

Archer81 12-15-2012 10:33 AM

Definate kupering.

:Broncos:

mhgaffney 12-15-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3753632)
This is why I hope the Broncos put the top layer of their investment bucks in the offensive line this off season. We only have Peyton for a short period of time. Got to make the best of it.

Agreed.

But we can get a really good guard in round two. Round one should be best player available -- at LB or DL or....

Tombstone RJ 12-15-2012 11:20 AM

Gluper?

Requiem 12-15-2012 11:39 AM

Kaylore loves it in the kupeshoot.

12-15-2012 01:30 PM

As much time as he has missed if he can get healthy at least he will be well rested and not banged up form the week to to week battles like the other players. He just needs to get healthy.

55CrushEm 12-15-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3753689)
Kaylore loves it in the kupeshoot.

LOL

kupesdad 12-17-2012 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=Bacchus;3753758]As much time as he has missed if he can get healthy at least he will be well rested and not banged up form the week to to week battles like the other players. He just needs to get healthy.[/QUOTE

It is killing him not to be out there and he feels like he is letting his team down. He took a shot to the head against the Bucs and continues to have issues from the concussion.

i4jelway7 12-17-2012 01:45 PM

^ thx for the update.. I thought he was out b/c of the ankle, didn't realize it was the concussion... hope he feels better soon

socalorado 12-17-2012 01:47 PM

[QUOTE=kupesdad;3757009]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3753758)
As much time as he has missed if he can get healthy at least he will be well rested and not banged up form the week to to week battles like the other players. He just needs to get healthy.[/QUOTE

It is killing him not to be out there and he feels like he is letting his team down. He took a shot to the head against the Bucs and continues to have issues from the concussion.

Man, Does DEN need him in there! Hoping he gets better soon!
Also, hope the ankle is completely healed.

XXXII&III 12-17-2012 01:53 PM

Boy, concussions are something you don't want to mess with. As much as he's missed out there, it's way more important that his brain heals.

baja 12-17-2012 01:55 PM

You would think they could come up with a helmet that could absorb the concuss.

baja 12-17-2012 01:58 PM

I would imagine wearing one's helmet too loose does not help. I noticed Kupe lost his two plays in a row a few games back.

kupesdad 12-17-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3757026)
I would imagine wearing one's helmet too loose does not help. I noticed Kupe lost his two plays in a row a few games back.

Yeah, but it's not because it's too loose. It's kind of been the family joke because he lost his helmet numerous times (almost once a game)in high school, college and now with the Broncos. I think it's the shape of his head that makes it come off. He will be fine but not taking chances because his CAT has shown some things similar to what a person who has migraines would show...he has never had a migraine. He passed all of his tests, in fact he graded higher than when they took his baseline before the season. It's not worth being a fifty year old man who has to wear diapers and wanders around in a daze. Come to think of it, I just described myself!! Go Broncos

kupesdad 12-17-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55CrushEm (Post 3753776)
LOL

you are one sick ****

12-17-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3757023)
You would think they could come up with a helmet that could absorb the concuss.

Can't stop the brain from moving inside of the skull.