The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Baltimore Sun staff picks for Ravens/Broncos game (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109287)

55CrushEm 12-13-2012 09:26 AM

Baltimore Sun staff picks for Ravens/Broncos game

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,5325087.story

Punisher 12-13-2012 09:28 AM

lmao Talk about a Hole in one

Archer81 12-13-2012 09:31 AM

Not alot of confidence in that group, huh?

:Broncos:

Pick Six 12-13-2012 09:39 AM

Redicule...Ravens stomp a mudhole in us. In honor of yesterday (and the upcoming alleged "event"), I'll say the score is Ravens - 121,212 Broncos - Mayan food

55CrushEm 12-13-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3752276)
Not alot of confidence in that group, huh?

:Broncos:

Seriously.

1 guy picks the Broncos by 7.
5 others pick the Broncos by double digits.

1 guy has the Ravens.....by only 3.....and his reasoning is primarily because the Broncos have never won there.....not based on anything regarding THIS year's teams. :giggle:

Paladin 12-13-2012 09:51 AM

So much for analists.........

Irish Stout 12-13-2012 10:11 AM

Peter Schmuck. Ha.

TerrElway 12-13-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin (Post 3752291)
So much for analists.........

Word Origins: Analyst - Anal = from the anus, Yst = to pull from.

errand 12-13-2012 10:36 AM

Broncos seem to be catching the Ravens at the right time with them battling injuries and the drama of the OC being canned, etc....personally I just think the Broncos are playing at a different level now than they were in the first 5 games...as they are not only reducing but are able to overcome mistakes in the last 8 games.

12-13-2012 10:41 AM

Wow, I like the Ravens chance more than their own beat writers.

errand 12-13-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3752343)
Wow, I like the Ravens chance more than their own beat writers.

Well, on any given Sunday of course....I think if the Broncos play as well as they're capable of playing, this game might not be as close as some think.

Kaylore 12-13-2012 10:58 AM

The Ravens are going to come at us. I think we'll be ready, but I am surprised at how many people have us winning by double digits. I would take the Ravens to cover for sure.

lonestar 12-13-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3752359)
The Ravens are going to come at us. I think we'll be ready, but I am surprised at how many people have us winning by double digits. I would take the Ravens to cover for sure.

If rumors are correct Ray will be back if nothing else their emotional leader, which i see as a improvement in play overall.

beginning of the year I had this as a slam dunk loss, now I'm not so sure..

still an east coast early game in a place we have never won..

Granted there are lots of changes on both teams but, I would not put money on winning..

WolfpackGuy 12-13-2012 12:28 PM

It'll be a tough game either way.

I don't see either team kicking the other's ass.

Pick Six 12-13-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3752359)

Covering the spread is not the Broncos Way. If we do it, great. I just want to get out of there, with a win...

RedskinBronco 12-13-2012 12:39 PM

I will go with 27-17 Broncos

BroncoMan4ever 12-13-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3752346)
Well, on any given Sunday of course....I think if the Broncos play as well as they're capable of playing, this game might not be as close as some think.

As great as this season has been we still have not seen a complete game from the team. Stagnant or sloppy first half and explosion in the 2nd half. Playing just good enough to win. Not putting teams away when the opportunity is there. Still waiting on a complete game and one of those Peyton performances he seemingly had every time he played against Denver

troyjbath 12-13-2012 12:43 PM

This is a bad matchup for Baltimore and everyone knows it. Denver's defense is playing more like Baltimore of old than theirs and we have Manning who has owned them over the past 10 years. The Broncos are 0-5 in Baltimore with Griese, Kannell, and Orton.

RedskinBronco 12-13-2012 12:44 PM

ravens have been smoke and mirrors all year. This is just their regression to the mean.

They really are a 9-7 type team and now the losses are piling up to account for all those wins they pulled out of nowhere earlier despite being outplayed.

55CrushEm 12-13-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedskinBronco (Post 3752440)
ravens have been smoke and mirrors all year. This is just their regression to the mean.

They really are a 9-7 type team and now the losses are piling up to account for all those wins they pulled out of nowhere earlier despite being outplayed.

What shocks me is their defense is 25th against the run....giving up nearly 130 ypg.

Actually, their pass defense is only 23rd as well.

Definitely not the Ravens of old.

RedskinBronco 12-13-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55CrushEm (Post 3752444)
What shocks me is their defense is 25th against the run....giving up nearly 130 ypg.

Not at all. I get a lot of ravens coverage here; even when they were winning Ravens fans were freaking out knowing that wasn't the solid ravens teams of the past.

They beat struggling teams early on such as the Browns, Chiefs, etc. in non-impressive games and more recently the miracle in San Diego.

Ravens fans deep down know this team is the weakest they have had. It's an organization with winning tradition, but they are most definitely not imposing at all and the local coverage exemplifies the frustration.

Even in the games against the steelers, they struggled big time against their big rival and a team with serious, serious injury issues

BroncoInSkinland 12-13-2012 12:54 PM

It's not just the beat writters, it is all the media and fans in this area. Everyone is worried about what DT and Manning will do to a stuggling secondary, and what Von-Doom will do to a O-line that got pushed around by the Orakpo-less deadskins. I know around 30 Ravens fans and only one guy is crowing before this game, the rest are hiding, which is not what they normally do. I think it will be a close game, but I think the home field crowd will be very nervous to start off and may not be as loud as they normally are.

lonestar 12-13-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3752434)
As great as this season has been we still have not seen a complete game from the team. Stagnant or sloppy first half and explosion in the 2nd half. Playing just good enough to win. Not putting teams away when the opportunity is there. Still waiting on a complete game and one of those Peyton performances he seemingly had every time he played against Denver

Thanks for typing that out for me. I second that motion.

:thumbs:

lonestar 12-13-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55CrushEm (Post 3752444)

They got old all over about the same time injuries killed them. Just hope they do not trap us.

Doggcow 12-13-2012 01:08 PM

Ravens 10, Broncos 34.