The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Demaryius biggest WR Manning has ever played with (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109262)

BroncoBuff 12-11-2012 05:14 AM

Demaryius biggest WR Manning has ever played with

Good article, especially for a wire service

Thomas is a big receiver who's coming up bigger
By ARNIE STAPLETON (AP Pro Football Writer) | AP – 9 hours ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Demaryius Thomas is the biggest wide receiver Peyton Manning has ever played with and he's coming up bigger and bigger by the week. ''Every time I play with him, I feel like we improve,'' Manning said.

After injuries limited him to seven starts in his first two seasons in Denver, Thomas has had a breakout season with Manning delivering sharp passes and pointers alike.

With 74 catches for 1,197 yards and eight touchdowns, the 6-foot-5, 225-pound wide receiver is a big reason the Broncos (10-3) haven't lost in more than two months and are making a charge for one of the two AFC playoff byes.

Last week, Thomas caught two head-turning touchdown passes that even had Manning amazed at the chemistry these two have formed in just 13 games together.

On one, Manning and Thomas recognized a mismatch and changed the play on the fly, and Thomas reached high between a Tampa Bay safety and linebacker in tight coverage to snare the TD throw. On the other score, Thomas curled around a cornerback in the end zone and just as he turned, the pass from Manning was in the crick of his right elbow.

''I was like, man, how did you get that through there?'' Thomas said. ''He was on me like a blanket.''

. . . . . . .
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/thomas-...7466--nfl.html

fontaine 12-11-2012 05:59 AM

What I appreciate the most about DT is how he's worked on his route running from beating the jam effectively at the line to setting up defenders with double moves and making sharp cuts out of his breaks.

misturanderson 12-11-2012 08:42 AM

Well he's not 6' 5" or 225 lbs. (6'3" and 230), but he is playing up to his potential for sure. I wish they would utilize him better in the red zone, given his physical gifts.

Rohirrim 12-11-2012 08:46 AM

I'm amazed that DT is not getting the kind of media coverage he deserves. He still seems to be flying under the radar. That catch across the back of the EZ was a jaw dropper. I've watched it about ten times and I'm still amazed.

WolfpackGuy 12-11-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3751082)
I'm amazed that DT is not getting the kind of media coverage he deserves. He still seems to be flying under the radar. That catch across the back of the EZ was a jaw dropper. I've watched it about ten times and I'm still amazed.

Yeah, the combination of the perfect throw and him playing it off until the last possible second was a thing of beauty.

baja 12-11-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3751082)

The scary thing for the rest of the NFL is he is only going to get better and with Manning maybe a lot better.

Now we need Decker to step up his game to pick up the slack when DT is double teamed

12-11-2012 09:35 AM

Demyrius leaving ****as delyrius !!!!

Kaylore 12-11-2012 10:14 AM

He's fifth in the NFL in yardage, tied for third in TD's and second behind Megatron for plays over 20 yards.

Chris 12-11-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

WLB Wesley Woodyard and RG Chris Kuper, who missed last week's game against Oakland with sprained ankles, both returned to practice. ...
:yayaya:

Mediator12 12-11-2012 10:33 AM

Consistency, Chemistry, and Trust. All things that Demaryius Thomas has built in a short time with his QB. Decker has as well, but not with the playmaking downfield element Thomas brings.

That they talk about him reading a coverage and adjusting the route to fit a predesigned read of how to attack it and then he caught the TD pass is why this kid is going to be great as long as he has QB to throw him the ball. He did NOT have that early in the season and he did not have the trust either.

It is nice to see him progressing and learning how to be a professional WR instead of being a Distraction like some WR divas we have had the pleasure of seeing up close and personal ;D

DBroncos4life 12-11-2012 11:09 AM

He is another guy that looks like he could use some rest soon.

footstepsfrom#27 12-12-2012 10:14 AM

So glad we took him over Douchbag Bryant.

baja 12-12-2012 11:00 AM

I like Decker's progress too but both him and Moreno seem to have clumsy feet, a rare thing for a pro athlete

12-12-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3751695)
I like Decker's progress too but both him and Moreno seem to have clumsy feet, a rare thing for a pro athlete

both these brahs need to learn how to be tackled. it's downright embarrassing.

Archer81 12-12-2012 11:45 AM

I volunteer in teaching Decker on how to be tackled.

Seriously though, Thomas is redonk. A rare good pick by McD. Some of his sideline/EZ catches are otherworldly.

:Broncos:

12-12-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3751731)
I volunteer in teaching Decker on how to be tackled.

:Broncos:

methinx that would ultimately be counterproductive. he'd reflexively shield his balls afterwards.

CEH 12-12-2012 11:48 AM

Arnie Stapelton is actually assigned to the Broncos and is a AP beat writer who camps out at Dove Valley every day and IMO a better source of Bronco news than the DPO

Stupid Alfred Williams doesn't consider DT a playmaker WR just an above average WR.