The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A week out & Ravens fans seem a tad pessimistic (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109240)

Gutless Drunk 12-09-2012 05:52 PM

A week out & Ravens fans seem a tad pessimistic

"Said last week that they had no shot against Manning, haven't beat him in over a decade, and that was with some really good defenses. Combine that with the fact the Broncos have a solid defense and a couple great pass rushers, and I agree that it could get ugly. "

"Peyton Manning is going do something unspeakably horrible to this defense. Reed is going to try and play his same mind games, only to be two steps late to the ball. Lewis will play his same fake audible mind games, until the TEs burn him for 5 and 50. Manning is probably going to go deep all game, since he'll have all day to throw."

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...red-mighty-men

"going against arguably the most explosive pass rusher in the NFL. If McKinnie doesn't start next week, Flacco could be injured/dominated. I mean, if there's no change, things could get really, really ugly next week as Peyton Manning will shred Pees' defense to pieces.'

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...-for-McKinnie&

"It does not matter if Ray comes back or not we lose. LMAO !! We could not stop Batch, We could not stop a rookie with less then 12 passes in his career. What makes you think we stop Peyton > Seriously, we are in jeopardy of losing 4 straight when all is said and done"

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/to...ack-vs-peyton/

baja 12-09-2012 05:55 PM

I agree, been saying for a few weeks Manning and the Denver D is going to shread this team.

Denver 36

Bmore 13

RhymesayersDU 12-09-2012 05:56 PM

It's easy for fans to go to the extremes one way or the other. Still a road game for us. Definitely winnable but will probably be close.

Dr. Broncenstein 12-09-2012 06:00 PM

Prepare your anus, ratbirds.

baja 12-09-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 3749634)
It's easy for fans to go to the extremes one way or the other. Still a road game for us. Definitely winnable but will probably be close.

I don't often call blow outs but this one will be one. IMO

Requiem 12-09-2012 06:01 PM

I expect a close football game. :)

Kaylore 12-09-2012 06:05 PM

They're a team in decline but still dangerous especially at home. They're worse than their record, though by seasons end they'll take more losses and look like the 10-6, even 9-7 team they are.

RedskinBronco 12-09-2012 06:19 PM

This Ravens team is garbage. Typical Shanarat defense kept them in the game.

Broncos 31 Ravens 10

Get it done.

edit: I was at the game. Kudos to Kirk Cousins, that's not easy to do.

POS secondary decisions by Madieu Williams and Me'Angelo Hall allowed for easy ravens scores in addition to typical shanarat defense when they needed a stop or max FG with score 21-20..

2 seed is right there for the broncos.

RhymesayersDU 12-09-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 3749639)
Prepare your anus, ratbirds.

OK this just made me laugh out loud.

Al Wilson 12-09-2012 06:50 PM

It's not going to be an easy game people. The ravens are like 16-1 in their last 17 home games.

SportinOne 12-09-2012 06:52 PM

Except for the fact that we have a weakness against great run games. So if they decide to play the keep-manning-off-of-the-field card and run the ball all over us, which will be magnified in annoyance and frustration by the times the announcers feel the need to point out the strategy, it could be a long game.

Hamrob 12-09-2012 06:55 PM

Expect a heavy dose of Ray Rice. He will run for 120+ on us and 1-2 TD's. Ngata will cause plenty of problems up the middle. Still, Manning will be too much for them.

Denver 34
Baltimore 27

broncocalijohn 12-09-2012 07:02 PM

Is the trap game everyone is speaking of? I mean, Ravens so easy and all.

XXXII&III 12-09-2012 07:16 PM

One of the stats I heard during the game was that Ravens tend to come up with a big win following a loss. Hope we prove that stat wrong.

RedskinBronco 12-09-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXII&III (Post 3749734)
One of the stats I heard during the game was that Ravens tend to come up with a big win following a loss. Hope we prove that stat wrong.

That was supposed to happen today...it didn't.

First back to back losses for them in a few years, forget the exact stat but they had an impressive streak going.

I think the Broncos defense can handle the ravens; just hoping the offense doesn't stagnate during stretches as has been the case recently.

The ravens are not what they used to be, specifically on defense. Lots of chinks in the armor.

KipCorrington25 12-09-2012 07:22 PM

I'm not sure why everyone is so cocky we never play well there and what happened to those blow outs the last 2 weeks everyone was predicting?

If we do win it will come down to the wire and be a war.

theAPAOps5 12-09-2012 07:26 PM

Yeah, this game will be far from easy. I expect it to be lively in the game thread.

bowtown 12-09-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3749746)
Yeah, this game will be far from easy. I expect it to be lively in the game thread.

Might be a couple of suicides before the first commercial break.

winstoncup bronco 12-09-2012 07:29 PM

I would say I am more concerned than pessimistic.

Baltimore has been a house of horrors for us as long as I can remember, and until we actually win there, I won't ever feel good about going there.

theAPAOps5 12-09-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 3749749)
Might be a couple of suicides before the first commercial break.

And "this team sucks" by go_broncos when anything remotely bad happens.

enjolras 12-09-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco (Post 3749752)
I would say I am more concerned than pessimistic.

Baltimore has been a house of horrors for us as long as I can remember, and until we actually win there, I won't ever feel good about going there.

Really nobody should ever feel good about playing in Baltimore. It's a really tough place to play.

baja 12-09-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3749786)
Really nobody should ever feel good about playing in Baltimore. It's a really tough place to play.

Manning does not agree with you.

UberBroncoMan 12-09-2012 08:11 PM

They're ridiculously good at home. This will be a close one. Personally I think this game is in their favor going in. We're going to need to treat this like a playoff game.

errand 12-09-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Wilson (Post 3749705)
It's not going to be an easy game people. The ravens are like 16-1 in their last 17 home games.

but then again, they haven't played us......^5

12-09-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3749786)

Yep. Ravens are so much better there than on the road. Broncos have never won there ever I believe. But I'm pretty sure Manning has?