The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2nd seed... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109200)

Ratboy 12-06-2012 10:59 PM

2nd seed...
 
I'll be a Texans and Redskins fan this weekend.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

bronc_fan23 12-06-2012 10:59 PM

Don't let HAT see this thread. He'll call you an idiot.

Ratboy 12-06-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronc_fan23 (Post 3747593)
Don't let HAT see this thread. He'll call you an idiot.

Oh darn.

spdirty 12-06-2012 11:06 PM

The Ravens game this Sunday doesn't matter! What matters is when we play the Ravens and New England losing 1 of these next 2 games.

NFLBRONCO 12-06-2012 11:10 PM

Easiest way for us is win out. NE needs to lose once

Or we need Balt and NE to lose 2 games is our second best shot

worst we'll be is 12-4

If we are we need NE and Balt @ 11-5

Balt has a pretty tough road

Ratboy 12-06-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO (Post 3747602)
Easiest way for us is win out.

Or we need Balt and NE to lose 2 games is our second best shot

This is what it comes down to.

The Broncos need take care of their own business

NFLBRONCO 12-06-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratboy (Post 3747605)
This is what it comes down to.

The Broncos need take care of their own business

Exactly how I want to earn it. Besides even though I love the way we are playing we need a quality road win in a place we have sputtered in forever.

ZONA 12-06-2012 11:20 PM

I think anybody who is not living in fantasy land realizes getting the #1 seed is NOT going to happen. Houston has the tie breaker on us and has a 2 game lead. They would need to lose 3 out of 4 games. Not gonna happen. Wish and pray all you want, not gonna happen.

NE has to lose 1 and we need to win out. Period. Best chance for NE to lose I think is Monday night.

NFLBRONCO 12-06-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3747608)
I think anybody who is not living in fantasy land realizes getting the #1 seed is NOT going to happen. Houston has the tie breaker on us and has a 2 game lead. They would need to lose 3 out of 4 games. Not gonna happen. Wish and pray all you want, not gonna happen.

NE has to lose 1 and we need to win out. Period. Best chance for NE to lose I think is Monday night.

Umm we are talking #2 seed not #1 seed

ZONA 12-06-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO (Post 3747609)
Umm we are talking #2 seed not #1 seed

I know. But there will be some people commenting on and asking why we are rooting for Houston this week because they think we still have a lagit shot at the #1 seed. I'm just making it clear.

spdirty 12-07-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3747612)
I know. But there will be some people commenting on and asking why we are rooting for Houston this week because they think we still have a lagit shot at the #1 seed. I'm just making it clear.

Some people are stupid. Pay no attention to them.

sgbfan 12-07-2012 10:14 AM

1 seed would be great, but very unlikely. Plus, I think we could win in Houston. They have had some close calls and I don't think they are the best team in the AFC.

2 seed is our best hope. If somehow NE gets 4 and ravens get 3, even better.

If the ravens beat us, I'd rather end up with them ahead of us for the 3 seed. Let the Ravens and NE beat each other up, then go into one of their houses and beat them.

I'm not saying Houston is a easy win, but I like our chances there more than in NE or in Bal.

ZONA 12-07-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgbfan (Post 3747913)
1 seed would be great, but very unlikely. Plus, I think we could win in Houston. They have had some close calls and I don't think they are the best team in the AFC.

2 seed is our best hope. If somehow NE gets 4 and ravens get 3, even better.

If the ravens beat us, I'd rather end up with them ahead of us for the 3 seed. Let the Ravens and NE beat each other up, then go into one of their houses and beat them.

I'm not saying Houston is a easy win, but I like our chances there more than in NE or in Bal.

I don't know why everybody is so afraid of NE. We played them so early on and we were nowhere close to coming together as a team as we are now. We have much more experience together. And if memory servers me correct, we had them somewhat figured out in the 2nd half and we made them very very nervous. Go back and watch the game if you have to, watch the 2nd half and you will feel much better about what the Broncos can do against the Pats.

Honestly, I like our chances against everybody in the AFC. It comes down to mistakes. Because if we can avoid those, I think we have the most well balanced team in the NFL (Offense, Defense, ST). It will all come down to if we beat ourselves or not.

Old Dude 12-07-2012 10:20 AM

Last thing I want to see is Denver on the road against a rested Pats team in the playoffs, so that's probably exactly what will happen.

RhymesayersDU 12-07-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3747799)
Some people are stupid. Pay no attention to them.

Now paging HAT. HAT to the white courtesy phone, please.

brncs_fan 12-07-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3747921)
I don't know why everybody is so afraid of NE.

Because they are the standard right now.

sgbfan 12-07-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3747921)
I don't know why everybody is so afraid of NE. We played them so early on and we were nowhere close to coming together as a team as we are now. We have much more experience together. And if memory servers me correct, we had them somewhat figured out in the 2nd half and we made them very very nervous. Go back and watch the game if you have to, watch the 2nd half and you will feel much better about what the Broncos can do against the Pats.

Honestly, I like our chances against everybody in the AFC. It comes down to mistakes. Because if we can avoid those, I think we have the most well balanced team in the NFL (Offense, Defense, ST). It will all come down to if we beat ourselves or not.

Their TE's. If they are both healthy, that is a tough matchup for our defense. Granted, most of what they did against us was on 3rd down and long with Mays in the game earlier, but they have improved through the year as well.

NFLBRONCO 12-07-2012 12:29 PM

I heard the same stuff when we faced Indy. Oh this time will be different and afterwards same result happens. Indy loved facing us every year just like NE does now. Same with playing in Baltimore we haven't done well there but, I do think this is our best team going in but, I still not sure of the result until we win there.

Every team has one team they struggle against the most. Are we better then we were week 3 week 5 sure no doubt. Are we strong enough to expect to win going into NE NO.

I don't fear NE but, my way of thinking is until you ACTUALLY take it to them. No mulligan's in football.

Old Dude 12-07-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO (Post 3748043)
Same with playing in Baltimore we haven't done well there but, I do think this is our best team going in but, I still not sure of the result until we win there.
...

Good recap in this article about what happened last time Den visited Balt.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/10/10/br...ns-quick-hits/

HAT 12-07-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 3747923)
Now paging HAT. HAT to the white courtesy phone, please.

To each their own I guess....If Denver wins out there is a very good chance they will get the 1.

I personally think NE rapes Houston and Luck beats them at home.

Not out of the realm that Indy sweeps or Minny pulls the upset.

So while you pussies are rooting for second place, I say go Pats!!!

broncocalijohn 12-07-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratboy (Post 3747605)
This is what it comes down to.

The Broncos need take care of their own business

We have been for 8 straight weeks. It is always nice for those other teams to lose a few which hasn't happen as often lately.
I am a Redskins fan and a Texans fan this weekend.

For some of you that have two favorite teams, let me know some of the studs and the team's excuses for the Redskins.

baja 12-07-2012 01:37 PM

I want what ever gives us the #2 seed and keeps Pittsburg out of the playoffs so I guess I want Baltimore to win this Sunday and then we beat Baltimore the following Sunday.

broncocalijohn 12-07-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAT (Post 3748079)
To each their own I guess....If Denver wins out there is a very good chance they will get the 1.

I personally think NE rapes Houston and Luck beats them at home.

Not out of the realm that Indy sweeps or Minny pulls the upset.

So while you pussies are rooting for second place, I say go Pats!!!

No way! WHo do you think is coaching the Texans to lose enough games to drop the #1 seed to us with them having the tie breaker? Shanahan?

HAT 12-07-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3748101)
No way! WHo do you think is coaching the Texans to lose enough games to drop the #1 seed to us with them having the tie breaker? Shanahan?

The same guys that needed back to back overtime games to beat one of the worst team in the league and a fake TD to beat another bad team.

LetsGoBroncos 12-07-2012 01:56 PM

The bye is the difference in us winning the Super Bowl or not in my opinion. There are only 2 things I'm afraid of....New England (more so on the road) and playing Pittsburgh in the first round with no pressure on them. I'm not that scared of Houston or Baltimore and nobody in the NFC scares me except MAYBE the Giants. If we get the bye we avoid my 2 biggest fears.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.