The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NFL Draft Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Keenan Allen delcares (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109177)

razorwire77 12-05-2012 08:17 PM

Keenan Allen delcares
 
Wouldn't mind snagging him as the no. 2 WR and kicking Decker to the slot and Willis to the street.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L288axFqYRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBroncos4life 12-05-2012 08:47 PM

Austin is better :)

12-05-2012 11:47 PM

D Andre Hopkins would be nice too.

Mat'hir Uth Gan 12-06-2012 12:38 AM

Allen should go right around the Top 10 regardless of what any draft sites think. He's a flawless receiver that played with a terrible QB. With the Jets, Vikings, and Dolphins picking in the 10-15 range, he won't escape to the late first.

I do really like your idea of finding an outside receiver and moving Decker to the slot as Stokley's heir apparent. Decker can't catch deep passes anyway, but he's pretty good facing the QB, so that makes a ton of sense to me. If we're talking late first round possibilities, Terrance Williams or DeAndre Hopkins would make sense.

I think we go MLB in Round 1 though. Elway believes in immediate impact starters early in the draft, and I'm not sure Stokley retires, and even if he does, if Tamme simply doesn't become the primary slot guy. So, not sure a WR would be impact enough for Round 1 this draft.

socalorado 12-06-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan (Post 3745636)
Allen should go right around the Top 10 regardless of what any draft sites think. He's a flawless receiver that played with a terrible QB. With the Jets, Vikings, and Dolphins picking in the 10-15 range, he won't escape to the late first.

I do really like your idea of finding an outside receiver and moving Decker to the slot as Stokley's heir apparent. Decker can't catch deep passes anyway, but he's pretty good facing the QB, so that makes a ton of sense to me. If we're talking late first round possibilities, Terrance Williams or DeAndre Hopkins would make sense.

I think we go MLB in Round 1 though. Elway believes in immediate impact starters early in the draft, and I'm not sure Stokley retires, and even if he does, if Tamme simply doesn't become the primary slot guy. So, not sure a WR would be impact enough for Round 1 this draft.

Mug is absolutely right here.
Allen will not be around past pick 12 in the draft. Not happening.
WR is really a weird position this year to get a good feel for.
Also, i dont think theres a MLB other than Manti worthy of the 1st round.

Mat'hir Uth Gan 12-07-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalorado (Post 3745689)
Mug is absolutely right here.
Allen will not be around past pick 12 in the draft. Not happening.
WR is really a weird position this year to get a good feel for.
Also, i dont think theres a MLB other than Manti worthy of the 1st round.

Minter and Ogletree probably go in the first.

Ogletree is tricky because he's an odd LB fit. Great instincts and athleticism, but he's marginal against the run due to size and probably strength. Theoretically, you could balk him up over a year or two, and if he keeps athleticism and instincts, he could be a really great LB. My main issue there is with the off-the-field stuff. Still, I could easily see him going to Seattle in Round 1 as they want to replace Leroy Hill. I'm not sure he's a MIKE though, which would go towards your point.

Kevin Minter, though, is really impressive and projects as an absolute stud at MIKE. He might not even make it to our selection in the late first. If he declares and he makes it to our pick, he's a no-brainer for me. Right now I think he's the heavy favorite to be our selection if he comes out.

socalorado 12-07-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan (Post 3747663)
Minter and Ogletree probably go in the first.

Ogletree is tricky because he's an odd LB fit. Great instincts and athleticism, but he's marginal against the run due to size and probably strength. Theoretically, you could balk him up over a year or two, and if he keeps athleticism and instincts, he could be a really great LB. My main issue there is with the off-the-field stuff. Still, I could easily see him going to Seattle in Round 1 as they want to replace Leroy Hill. I'm not sure he's a MIKE though, which would go towards your point.

Kevin Minter, though, is really impressive and projects as an absolute stud at MIKE. He might not even make it to our selection in the late first. If he declares and he makes it to our pick, he's a no-brainer for me. Right now I think he's the heavy favorite to be our selection if he comes out.


OK. I will give you Minter and if you read my Mock draft, i explain why. Hes also projected to play OLB as well. Ogltree just isnt worth messing with in the 1st. Huge bust potential, and an idiot off the field. I think hes a bit overrated anyways, and his issues nulify any real look at him in the 1st, considering the talent there. Bacari Rambo...same thing. Not a 1st rounder, but has some real talent but again, idiot. Its really too bad.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.