The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Peyton Manning - 7 game win streaks (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109143)

12-03-2012 09:00 PM

Peyton Manning - 7 game win streaks
 
In the past 10 years, only twice has Peyton not had at least a seven game win streak. This tradition continued Sunday with his win over the Buccs. Quite the feat in only a 16 game schedule.

errand 12-03-2012 09:47 PM

some other things you might enjoy about this season....

[] Mitch Unrein's TD catch was the first offensive TD scored by a defensive player in franchise history

[] John fox became just the 3rd coach in NFL history to inherit a losing team and win 2 division titles...and only the 2nd coach to inherit a last place team and win consecutive division titles

[] Von Miller's INT was his 1st career INT, and a pick six...and it was the 5th defensive TD this season and the 11th non-offensive TD during Fox's tenure as our HC.

[] Denver won it's 7th straight game...4th longest in team history and longest win streak since 1998 when we won 13 straight.

[] Denver won a record tying 12th AFC West division title....tying the Raiders.

[] Pat Bowlen has presided over this team the last 29 years, and during his time as our owner, the Broncos have - won 2 SB's, won 5 AFC conference championships, made 7 AFCCG appearances,won 10 AFC West division titles, had 17 winning seasons, and had 15 playoff appearances.... the most of any team in the division during his time as our owner.

[] Trindon Holliday leads the NFL in KO return average with a 37.4 average and 2nd in punt return avg. with a 13.0 avg....he is also the only player in the NFL this season to have appeared in 12 games and not be a part of a loss in any of them.... He was 5-0 with the Texans and is currently 7-0 with the Broncos for a combined 12-0 record.

baja 12-03-2012 09:52 PM

Wonder what possessed Kubes to cut him?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 12-03-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3743987)
some other things you might enjoy about this season....

[] Mitch Unrein's TD catch was the first offensive TD scored by a defensive player in franchise history

[] John fox became just the 3rd coach in NFL history to inherit a losing team and win 2 division titles...and only the 2nd coach to inherit a last place team and win consecutive division titles

[] Von Miller's INT was his 1st career INT, and a pick six...and it was the 5th defensive TD this season and the 11th non-offensive TD during Fox's tenure as our HC.

[] Denver won it's 7th straight game...4th longest in team history and longest win streak since 1998 when we won 13 straight.

[] Denver won a record tying 12th AFC West division title....tying the Raiders.

[] Pat Bowlen has presided over this team the last 29 years, and during his time as our owner, the Broncos have - won 2 SB's, won 5 AFC conference championships, made 7 AFCCG appearances,won 10 AFC West division titles, had 17 winning seasons, and had 15 playoff appearances.... the most of any team in the division during his time as our owner.

[] Trindon Holliday leads the NFL in KO return average with a 37.4 average and 2nd in punt return avg. with a 13.0 avg....he is also the only player in the NFL this season to have appeared in 12 games and not be a part of a loss in any of them.... He was 5-0 with the Texans and is currently 7-0 with the Broncos for a combined 12-0 record.

Rep!

errand 12-03-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3743990)
Wonder what possessed Kubes to cut him?

Word on the street is it was a numbers game....he needed a suitable replacement for Cushing more than an electrifying punt returner....and since they're 11-1, you really can't argue with his decision.....no matter how well it helped us out.

12-03-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3743992)
Word on the street is it was a numbers game....he needed a suitable replacement for Cushing more than an electrifying punt returner....and since they're 11-1, you really can't argue with his decision.....no matter how well it helped us out.

Your logic, as usual, is painfully flawed. Just because they are 11-1 doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. It clearly was a terrible mistake.

baja 12-03-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3743992)
Word on the street is it was a numbers game....he needed a suitable replacement for Cushing more than an electrifying punt returner....and since they're 11-1, you really can't argue with his decision.....no matter how well it helped us out.

They probably did need a roster spot badly but I bet they chose to take his because they did not trust him with the ball. In those first few weeks many of us didn't either but whoever is coaching him up is doing a hell of a job, he is taking care of the ball so much better in recent weeks.

BroncoMan4ever 12-03-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3743992)
Word on the street is it was a numbers game....he needed a suitable replacement for Cushing more than an electrifying punt returner....and since they're 11-1, you really can't argue with his decision.....no matter how well it helped us out.

That decision remains to be seen as either good or bad. They needed a LB and we needed a return guy, but you can count on a ****load of backlash at Kubes if in the AFCCG Holiday has a big return that puts Denver in position to win or if he has a return score

UberBroncoMan 12-03-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3743994)
Your logic, as usual, is painfully flawed. Just because they are 11-1 doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. It clearly was a terrible mistake.

We're lucky the Colts didn't get him.

Archer81 12-04-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3743992)
Word on the street is it was a numbers game....he needed a suitable replacement for Cushing more than an electrifying punt returner....and since they're 11-1, you really can't argue with his decision.....no matter how well it helped us out.


Doesnt placing Cushing on IR open a spot on the roster?

:Broncos:

Mountain Bronco 12-04-2012 08:29 AM

Nice spin by the Texan's, numbers game my ass. Cushing to IR opens a roster spot and they could have scrapped some other Special Teams scrub instead, but really they didn't trust Holliday with the ball which is understandable.

Bad move for them, great for us.

12-04-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3743987)
some other things you might enjoy about this season....

[] Mitch Unrein's TD catch was the first offensive TD scored by a defensive player in franchise history

.

Good post even though I don't believe this one is true. Unrein was first defensive linemen to score on offense but Maddox hit a LB on a fake field goal back in the day.

Old Dude 12-04-2012 08:53 AM

If Denver was 3-9 at this point in the season and getting ready to face Peyton Manning with three of our DBs coming off concussions on a shortened week and our best defensive lineman gimped with knee and hamstring issues, I don't think I'd be too optimistic.

ZONA 12-04-2012 10:24 AM

A few other interesting things going on

* 49'ers have not won more then 3 games in a row this season.
* Broncos were once 2-3 (yes, a losing record) and now have the longest win streak in the NFL
* Cardinals were undefeated at 4-0 and now have the longest losing streak in the NFL at 8.
* Terrell Suggs & Ray Lewis will miss the Broncos game :)
* Next week the Pats play the Texans - I don't think the Texans will lose 3 more games and they hold the tie breaker over us so let's root for a Texans win here. Will help us get that #2 seed and a 1st round bye.

RhymesayersDU 12-04-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3743987)
[] Von Miller's INT was his 1st career INT, and a pick six...

Surprised this doesn't mention that it was also Von's first NFL touchdown, which it was.

RhymesayersDU 12-04-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3744236)
* Terrell Suggs & Ray Lewis will miss the Broncos game :)

Where is this coming from? Last I read Suggs was seeking a second opinion on his arm and Lewis was nearing a comeback?

ZONA 12-04-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 3744259)
Where is this coming from? Last I read Suggs was seeking a second opinion on his arm and Lewis was nearing a comeback?

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs confirmed Monday night that he has a torn right biceps. He is seeking 2nd opinion on how long he might be out. But with long term playoff hopes taken into consideration, all things lead up to him being out at least 2 weeks. Ray Lewis tore his triceps and he's been out 7 weeks already. I of course don't know for sure but I'd take any bet that Suggs doesn't play against Broncos.

Lewis isn't even eligible to play until Broncos game but again, I'm betting he's not going to be quite ready. Most of the time torn muscles they guy isn't playing again in 8 weeks, and definitely not playing to the level in which they were before a torn muscle. There has to be some atrophy in his arm after not being able to work out hard with it for a long time.

Just my opinion - I don't think either guy plays. Lewis might get some snaps but I don't think at all he will be a huge factor in that game.

errand 12-04-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3744165)
Good post even though I don't believe this one is true. Unrein was first defensive linemen to score on offense but Maddox hit a LB on a fake field goal back in the day.

Wouldn't a fake FG be considered a special teams play instead of an offensive play?

And who did he throw the fake FG pass to? the only Maddox pass on a fake FG I can recall was the one he threw vs. Bengals as a Steeler....but if you find out, please post.

errand 12-04-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3743994)
Your logic, as usual, is painfully flawed. Just because they are 11-1 doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. It clearly was a terrible mistake.

Please explain how the Texans releasing Holliday was clearly a terrible mistake?

12-04-2012 08:02 PM

This is a really good read about how Manning has helped Thomas develop as a receiver.

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/12/04...aryius-thomas/

extralife 12-04-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3744709)
Please explain how the Texans releasing Holliday was clearly a terrible mistake?

well, lets see: he leads the league in return stats. he played for the texans. they released him. ergo, instead of leading the league in return stats for the texans, he leads the league in returns stats for the broncos.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN 12-04-2012 10:56 PM

manning keeps on impressing me wtf was i thinking in not wanting him to come here glad elway not me makes decisions then again every one im against turned out well for denver

12-05-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teknic (Post 3744712)
This is a really good read about how Manning has helped Thomas develop as a receiver.

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/12/04...aryius-thomas/

This link should be its own thread.

12-05-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3743987)
some other things you might enjoy about this season....

[] Mitch Unrein's TD catch was the first offensive TD scored by a defensive player in franchise history

[] John fox became just the 3rd coach in NFL history to inherit a losing team and win 2 division titles...and only the 2nd coach to inherit a last place team and win consecutive division titles

[] Von Miller's INT was his 1st career INT, and a pick six...and it was the 5th defensive TD this season and the 11th non-offensive TD during Fox's tenure as our HC.

[] Denver won it's 7th straight game...4th longest in team history and longest win streak since 1998 when we won 13 straight.

[] Denver won a record tying 12th AFC West division title....tying the Raiders.

[] Pat Bowlen has presided over this team the last 29 years, and during his time as our owner, the Broncos have - won 2 SB's, won 5 AFC conference championships, made 7 AFCCG appearances,won 10 AFC West division titles, had 17 winning seasons, and had 15 playoff appearances.... the most of any team in the division during his time as our owner.

[] Trindon Holliday leads the NFL in KO return average with a 37.4 average and 2nd in punt return avg. with a 13.0 avg....he is also the only player in the NFL this season to have appeared in 12 games and not be a part of a loss in any of them.... He was 5-0 with the Texans and is currently 7-0 with the Broncos for a combined 12-0 record.

Too be honest couldn't care about any of those things, just how well Peyton Manning does. I wasn't even a fan until he signed here anyways.

rbackfactory80 12-05-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3744719)
well, lets see: he leads the league in return stats. he played for the texans. they released him. ergo, instead of leading the league in return stats for the texans, he leads the league in returns stats for the broncos.

Wow, you're good. Now explain the Broncos win streak against garbage opponents?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.