The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Raiders' Rolando McClain Released (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109076)

11-28-2012 03:15 PM

Raiders' Rolando McClain Released

@NFL_RealUpdates
Reports are out that the #Raiders released 2010 8th overall pick LB Rolando McClain.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
An hour ago, Rolando McClain posted this on his Facebook wall: "Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!"

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Then, Rolando McClain posted this: "Well technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers"

Kyle Burger ‏@kyle_burger
Former Bama LB Rolando McClain no longer with OAK. He writes: I'm gonna weigh my options. Looking forward to playing for an actual 'team'.

For those wondering, after this year he has 2 more years on his contract. 2013: 4 million 2014: 5.8 million

Rohirrim 11-28-2012 03:19 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fL6wbsGx9qw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBroncos4life 11-28-2012 03:20 PM

I called this happening weeks ago. :)

TheReverend 11-28-2012 03:20 PM

Well... he and DJ would probably get along.

TonyR 11-28-2012 03:21 PM

Another guy we all wanted who flopped...

The Joker 11-28-2012 03:22 PM

Wow.

I make a point of not watching the Raiders very much, but through his first two years I thought he'd been doing pretty well for them? He had a great year statistically last season anyway, 100 tackles with 5 sacks and a lot of pass defenses... did his play just go to hell this year?

Wonder if there's an attitude issue?

TonyR 11-28-2012 03:24 PM

I have to ask: would he be an upgrade at MLB for us? He has to be better than Brooking, right?

TheReverend 11-28-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3739453)
I have to ask: would he be an upgrade at MLB for us? He has to be better than Brooking, right?

Yup.

KevinJames 11-28-2012 03:26 PM

^just a guess but probably has something to with him being an idiot, see this picture for evidence.

http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1..._600/image.JPG

DBroncos4life 11-28-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3739453)

I think he is worse then Mays.

11-28-2012 03:26 PM

I really liked McClain coming out of college. This whole bad attitude image he made is really odd, as he was one of the most high character guys at Alabama. I mean Trent Richard just called McClain his idol, and Trent is a very high character guy too.

I can't help but think it's the Raiders organization but if anyone were to know about McClain it's going to be the Broncos.

I expect Elway to look heavily into this...

Smiling Assassin27 11-28-2012 03:28 PM

Not so fast, my friend:

Quote:

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

#Raiders have not waived MLB Rolando McClain. Yet. Waiver deadline for today passed, and he was not on the list.

11-28-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3739457)
I think he is worse then Mays.

Mays couldn't find a way to make a tackle or rarely be in position to make a tackle. McClain has talent.

McClain played in a 3-4 defense in college so he should be accustomed to shedding blockers as our defensive system requires.

McClain is younger than Brooking and obviously more physically talented... but Brooking is a smart and savy vet who knows where to be.

But like J.D. Walton, you have to ask yourself... what happens if Brooking get's hurt? DJ? Steven Johnson?

11-28-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 (Post 3739459)
Not so fast, my friend:

You read his facebook posts?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
An hour ago, Rolando McClain posted this on his Facebook wall: "Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!"

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Then, Rolando McClain posted this: "Well technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers"

Smiling Assassin27 11-28-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3739462)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Bingo. Thanks for the update. Let's (not) bring him in!

underrated29 11-28-2012 03:37 PM

Yes, he is a great player and better than our MLBs.....But he is also a ****** retard. Shooting a gun inches from a dudes head, execution style is just plain stupid. Especially when you are a millionaire football player.

Smiling Assassin27 11-28-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underrated29 (Post 3739465)
Yes, he is a great player and better than our MLBs.....But he is also a ****** retard. Shooting a gun inches from a dudes head, execution style is just plain stupid. Especially when you are a millionaire football player.

That ain't so crazy.

Sincerely,

Romo

http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2005/1...age942489g.jpg

The Joker 11-28-2012 03:41 PM

Can't imagine anybody will claim him off waivers...

I'd be interested in him. Arguably our biggest need is a true MIKE, and coming out of college this guy was thought to be a prototype at the position. He's only 23 and obviously has a ton of talent.

It's entirely possible that he's gonna just turn out to be a bust, but we've done some good things coaching up the young guys this year on defense. I wouldn't be upset if we brought him in, would be funny to laugh at the Raiders if the guy turned into a quality starter for us.

Heyneck 11-28-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3739462)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Then, Rolando McClain posted this: "Well technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers".

We knew that about him long time ago. Don't want him anywhere near our team!

DBroncos4life 11-28-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3739461)
Mays couldn't find a way to make a tackle or rarely be in position to make a tackle. McClain has talent.

McClain played in a 3-4 defense in college so he should be accustomed to shedding blockers as our defensive system requires.

McClain is younger than Brooking and obviously more physically talented... but Brooking is a smart and savy vet who knows where to be.

But like J.D. Walton, you have to ask yourself... what happens if Brooking get's hurt? DJ? Steven Johnson?

I've found myself reading a couple of raiders boards over the last couple months and everything they say about him is bad. Literally they say the same thing about McClain as you just did about Mays!

Allen got the best season of his career out of Mays last year. So much that PFF (I'm not a huge believer in them) gave him one of the highest grades for a run stopping MLB. McClain on the other hand is playing like hot garbage. Yes he is more talented then our guys but his level of play isn't so there is no upside. I do trust JDR and Fox and would support them if they felt they could salvage his career. I just won't hold my breath though.

TonyR 11-28-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schism (Post 3739468)
Can't imagine anybody will claim him off waivers...

Really? Talented, young player? Unless his attitude issues or whatever are too big and well known I'd think there'd be a lot of interest.

Beantown Bronco 11-28-2012 03:53 PM

He'd be worth it for the upcoming Raiders game alone. You know he'd be playing out of his mind that game.

11-28-2012 03:54 PM

Wasn't he supposed to be in jail until this month?

The Joker 11-28-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3739473)
Really? Talented, young player? Unless his attitude issues or whatever are too big and well known I'd think there'd be a lot of interest.

Top 10 pick before there were set rookie contracts, I'd imagine he'll be expensive?

EDIT: Signed a 5 year, 40 million dollar deal. Don't know how that breaks down year to year though.

manchambo 11-28-2012 04:01 PM

I would seriously consider him and KC's dl cast offs next year. Those teams are seriously dysfunctional and poorly coached. It is quite possible that some of these players would be much better with good coaching and a good environment.