The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Great Time/Win in KC (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109047)

IowaBroncosFan 11-26-2012 03:44 PM

Great Time/Win in KC
 
Saw More Broncos fans at last weekend game In KC... We rocked the placed and its always nice to get a win there.... Broncos travel well....

Cito Pelon 11-26-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaBroncosFan (Post 3738123)
Saw More Broncos fans at last weekend game In KC... We rocked the placed and its always nice to get a win there.... Broncos travel well....

The Broncs pulled it out at the end, kind of an ugly victory but it's a win.

That One Guy 11-26-2012 05:08 PM

"More" is a comparative term so it can't be used without a second term with which to relate it.

IA-Broncosfan53 11-26-2012 05:13 PM

I'd say that was the most Broncos fans at Arrowhead since 2008. Not my favorite game as Broncos played sloppy, had few big plays and let the Chiefs (and more importantly their fans) hang around far too long.

Anyone hear the loud cheer for the Colts return touchdown when they showed the play on the scoreboard? Plenty of Manning only fans too in attendance.

IA-Broncosfan53 11-26-2012 05:14 PM

Since I have left the state of Iowa, I will let you assume the role of Iowa's #1 fan. Nice pic of Nile too. Love it as UI grad. Go Hawks!

Requiem 11-26-2012 05:20 PM

More you.

Cito Pelon 11-26-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 (Post 3738192)
I'd say that was the most Broncos fans at Arrowhead since 2008. Not my favorite game as Broncos played sloppy, had few big plays and let the Chiefs (and more importantly their fans) hang around far too long.

Anyone hear the loud cheer for the Colts return touchdown when they showed the play on the scoreboard? Plenty of Manning only fans too in attendance.

Not surprising the only Bronco fans were Peyton (Manning) fans, other than you. Bronco fans don't travel well to Arrowhead. We'd have to travel through Kansas.

11-26-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 (Post 3738194)
Since I have left the state of Iowa

congrats!

Kaylore 11-26-2012 05:37 PM

Broncos do travel well when they have Peyton Manning as their QB.

Kid A 11-26-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon (Post 3738201)
Not surprising the only Bronco fans were Peyton (Manning) fans, other than you. Bronco fans don't travel well to Arrowhead. We'd have to travel through Kansas.

Joke aside, last few times I've gone, Denver has had about a quarter to a third of the fans. May have been even more this time. Arrowhead was half empty against Cincinnati, but this week was mostly full due to hordes of people in orange. A lot of Broncos fans in the KC, Missouri, Iowa, Arkansas area only get 1 game a year in close traveling distance to see the Broncos, and with Manning here they all made a point of showing up.

It was a fun time. I figured on a close game—Jamaal Charles and Matt Prater made sure of it.

baja 11-26-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon (Post 3738132)
The Broncs pulled it out at the end, kind of an ugly victory but it's a win.

Dude we got the lead at the half and never lost it, how is that pulling it out at the end?.

bronco militia 11-26-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3738219)
Dude we got the lead at the half and never lost it, how is that pulling it out at the end?.

The chiefs went up 9-7 in the 2nd half. It was the chiefs first lead in the 2nd half of any game this season

Ha!

baja 11-26-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 3738223)
The chiefs went up 9-7 in the 2nd half. It was the chiefs first lead in the 2nd half of any game this season

Ha!

You sure? I don't remember it that way. I watching the game again right now so I'll look for that.

errand 11-26-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3738219)
Dude we got the lead at the half and never lost it, how is that pulling it out at the end?.

Not to mention we had two missed kicks.....this win was never in jeopardy. Again other teams hanging around not because they're superior to us, but because we shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times....

errand 11-26-2012 06:26 PM

Cheifs did take the lead...but the eventual outcome of the game? Was like watching re-runs of WWII...already knew how it would end.

bronco militia 11-26-2012 06:31 PM

Google it baja....

Cito Pelon 11-26-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid A (Post 3738216)
Joke aside, last few times I've gone, Denver has had about a quarter to a third of the fans. May have been even more this time. Arrowhead was half empty against Cincinnati, but this week was mostly full due to hordes of people in orange. A lot of Broncos fans in the KC, Missouri, Iowa, Arkansas area only get 1 game a year in close traveling distance to see the Broncos, and with Manning here they all made a point of showing up.

It was a fun time. I figured on a close game—Jamaal Charles and Matt Prater made sure of it.

I stand corrected. That Charles is a gamer. Bigtime.

myMind 11-26-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3738270)
Was like watching re-runs of WWII...already knew how it would end.

This simile made my head hurt.

Conklin 11-26-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon (Post 3738201)
Not surprising the only Bronco fans were Peyton (Manning) fans, other than you. Bronco fans don't travel well to Arrowhead. We'd have to travel through Kansas.

excuse me? I've got a decade straight of going to arrowhead and there is always a strong presence.

baja 11-26-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 3738276)
Google it baja....

I'm sure you are right I just missed it.

IowaBroncosFan 11-27-2012 03:22 AM

I've been attending games at Arrowhead since 2000 since its the close Broncos game for me here in Iowa... Again, Saw MORE Broncos fans this year than ever... And the Chefs fans were pretty tame this year but if my team was 1-9 I would be too... Thanks for all the great Broncos fans I met out in lot C.

MileHighMagic 11-27-2012 07:58 AM

I went in 2003 when we were both 5-0 or 6-0. It was the bs two clip Dante Hall game. I was sick to my stomach after that loss. We outplayed them and got hosed. It couldn't believe how loud Arrowhead was! It was incredible.

cutthemdown 11-27-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon (Post 3738132)
The Broncs pulled it out at the end, kind of an ugly victory but it's a win.

How many of us older fans saw this coming? In division road games are only easy blowouts every blue moon. I can remember our superbowl yrs in late 80's the Raiders could be 1-13 and still come to Denver and get a win lol. They would play their best vs the Broncos every time.

Chiefs got up to be spoilers and fought hard upfront especially the oline. Seriously i saw what looked like more effort from the KC tackles then they have given all yr.

Now KC totally gives up and gets blown out in their next game. :rofl:

Crushaholic 11-27-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 (Post 3738192)
I'd say that was the most Broncos fans at Arrowhead since 2008. Not my favorite game as Broncos played sloppy, had few big plays and let the Chiefs (and more importantly their fans) hang around far too long.

Anyone hear the loud cheer for the Colts return touchdown when they showed the play on the scoreboard? Plenty of Manning only fans too in attendance.

When we were in line to get into the parking lot, we were behind a van with a Colts license plate border. I'm sure there WERE plenty of Manning-only fans...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.