The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Von Miller now has 14 sacks on the season w/ 5 games left. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109021)

KevinJames 11-25-2012 02:56 PM

Von Miller now has 14 sacks on the season w/ 5 games left.

:strong:

What a beast, do you think he can finish with 20 or more sacks?

Mogulseeker 11-25-2012 02:58 PM

IDK, but he had a few more TFLs today, too.

He's an all-around linebacker that happens to be very good at rushing the passer. He's going to be a beast for a very long time.

Requiem 11-25-2012 02:58 PM

Of course he can.

broncosteven 11-25-2012 02:59 PM

What makes this amazing is that he was dropped into coverage a lot today from what I was able to see.

sgbfan 11-25-2012 03:00 PM

I don't know if he will or not, but between him, Smith, and Watt, someone will.

Mogulseeker 11-25-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3736697)
What makes this amazing is that he was dropped into coverage a lot today from what I was able to see.

He was actually in a spy when he got Quinn for his sack today... Brady flushed right, and there was no one underneath and he sprinted to get the QB. Pretty smart play from a young linebacker.

LRtagger 11-25-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightysmurf (Post 3736693)
IDK, but he had a few more TFLs today, too.

He's an all-around linebacker that happens to be very good at rushing the passer. He's going to be a beast for a very long time.

I don't think so. He only had two tackles and one was the sack. They consistently tried to run away from him. When they did run towards him he pushed upfield to set the edge which is exactly what you want to do against speed backs. Problem is no one else got any push and our backers got eaten up. Brookings was terrible today I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of DJ next week. Adams and Rahim had to come up and make a bunch of plays bc Brookings couldn't get off blocks. This was against the worst team in the leagues backup lineman. This is a concern goin forward IMO.

But Miller did exactly what he was supposed to do which is what we have come to expect from him. We didn't play with a lead so he wasn't able to pass rush much but he did well holding his ground against the run.

Lestat 11-25-2012 04:53 PM

i think two guys for sure hit 20 sacks this year. Smith and Von.
Watt could as well.

OBF1 11-25-2012 05:52 PM

Unless Aldon Smith steps on a land mine and loses BOTH legs, He will get 20, Watching Watt play the other day I also think he is going to get 20. It seems to me that teams are chipping at Von and double teaming him more than the other two combined, So I think he will have the hardest path to reach 20.

The Joker 11-25-2012 06:22 PM

I think Smith might break the record, I doubt Watt or Von do though.

Smith plays on such an amazing defense that it's not really feasible to double him as much as teams can focus on Von and Watt, too many other guys to worry about.

If it's going to happen we need to start getting off to faster starts in games. If we can get big leads early Von will have a chance to have some huge games, he didn't really get that chance today as Kansas were able to play conservatively on offense as their D kept them in it.

9 sacks in the last 5 games is asking too much IMO.

11-25-2012 06:53 PM

Too bad the game was close enough to keep them running the ball. Hard to get sacks when they are scared to pass

TonyR 11-25-2012 07:12 PM

Not Von's best day today.

Quote:

I finally saw a play in which Von Miller failed to set the edge. It was the fourth play of the game. Mark it down, for it may not happen again. A few plays later, Elvis Dumervil decided to join the club. Miller didn't play particularly well today. Sure, he got another sack, but he was pinned inside too often for his own (or the Broncos') good in the game. In fact, one could say the same about all of Denver's ends, including Robert Ayers.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ncos-at-chiefs

Atwater His Ass 11-25-2012 07:18 PM

Von's sack today was a garbage sack that he got when Quinn tucked it and ran. Good play by Von, but he was dropped in coverage on the play and Quinn just happened to run to his side when he couldn't find anyone open.

Both Von and Doom were pretty invisible today. Doom made a couple plays in the 4th quarter, blew up a screen, got a critical holding call.