The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Looks like kFc gets the first overall pick in April (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109018)

broncosteven 11-25-2012 01:16 PM

Looks like kFc gets the first overall pick in April
 
Worst team in the NFL gets to pick 1st. Jacksonville won today so that makes kFc the worst team in the league.

I guess if you can't win SB's then the fan base can be happy about getting the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Congrats kFc fans, maybe you will be competitive in 3-5 years!

LOL

11-25-2012 01:20 PM

I really hope they draft Barkley that would be awesome

KipCorrington25 11-25-2012 01:29 PM

They will screw it up somehow, does LSU have another overrated D lineman they can draft?

11-25-2012 01:36 PM

Geno Smith is a stud. Can't wait to have him here.

Kaylore 11-25-2012 01:37 PM

Geno Smith is going to bust so hard.

Rohirrim 11-25-2012 01:38 PM

There's no consensus number one pick, like there was last year. Pioli will be allowed to get creative. I hope he trades down.

Bob's your Information Minister 11-25-2012 01:39 PM

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES!

YYYYYYYES!

PIOLI WILL BE FIRED

WE WILL GET GENO

AND RULE THE UNIVERSE

11-25-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3736639)
Geno Smith is going to bust so hard.

Based on what Kaylore? The kid is good there is no denying that.

DBroncos4life 11-25-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3736639)
Geno Smith is going to bust so hard.

I disagree. He looks good enough to build a system around ala RGIII. It will take the right coach though.

11-25-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3736653)
I disagree. He looks good enough to build a system around ala RGIII. It will take the right coach though.

He makes better throws than most 1st round QB's that have come out the last 5 years.

(obviously excluding Luck and RG3)

And he's an extremely hard worker.

Play2win 11-25-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3736647)
Based on what Kaylore? The kid is good there is no denying that.

I think it's because Geno Smith looks like Eddie McCaffrey.

sgbfan 11-25-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3736647)
Based on what Kaylore? The kid is good there is no denying that.

Based on being drafted by the Chiefs.

broncosteven 11-25-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3736664)
He makes better throws than most 1st round QB's that have come out the last 5 years.

(obviously excluding Luck and RG3)

And he's an extremely hard worker.

The Redskins are below .500 with a QB you admit to being as good or better.

kFc got run on today by an RB who was inactive for the last 8 games. They certainly need a QB 1st and formost but to think they will be able to insert a new GM, HC,and rookie QB and be competitive right away is reaching.

kFc will suck for many years to come.

DBroncos4life 11-25-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3736664)
He makes better throws than most 1st round QB's that have come out the last 5 years.

(obviously excluding Luck and RG3)

And he's an extremely hard worker.

Some of his throws hes made over the last couple weeks have been big league throws. For some reason his games have been on a lot here in Nebraska, which is fine I like watching Austin and Bailey. Austin needs to be a Broncos!!

Requiem 11-25-2012 02:01 PM

I wouldn't want the Chiefs to trade down and accumulate more ammunition. Let them roll the dice on Geno and see how it works out.

11-25-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3736695)
The Redskins are below .500 with a QB you admit to being as good or better.

kFc got run on today by an RB who was inactive for the last 8 games. They certainly need a QB 1st and formost but to think they will be able to insert a new GM, HC,and rookie QB and be competitive right away is reaching.

kFc will suck for many years to come.

The biggest reason why KC lost today was because of horrible coaching and QB play.

I can say with about 85% confidence that if RG3 was KC's QB today they would have won.

Hamrob 11-25-2012 02:13 PM

K.C. needs a QB.....and there is not one in this draft worth the #1 pick. They would do better to pass on a QB. Don't try to force it...just because you have to have one. It's not in the cards this draft. They might want to pick up a FA like Vick for a year or two...until they can draft a franchise QB. Just saying...

Better to draft a Von Miller at #1....than a Brady Quinn!

Kaylore 11-25-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3736647)
Based on what Kaylore? The kid is good there is no denying that.

He's a system QB. He's going to struggle moving to the pros and adapting to a pro style offense. This is assuming you guys even have a coaching staff that will know how to develop him.

And honestly, you guys missed the boat on the good QB's. That was last draft class. It's usually three or four years before you see another class close to last one. You picked the wrong year to suck.

WakeUpCall 11-25-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3736724)
He's a system QB. He's going to struggle moving to the pros and adapting to a pro style offense. This is assuming you guys even have a coaching staff that will know how to develop him.

And honestly, you guys missed the boat on the good QB's. That was last draft class. It's usually three or four years before you see another class close to last one. You picked the wrong year to suck.

I agree. I typical Hunt fashion, he's surrounded himself with more people who think "free cash to the owner" first, then some football if there's any time left. Oh, and some wh0res for the jet for the ride to Fiji.

I think our biggest problem is our owner. He's the worst owner in all of sport. He will hold this team back for many years to come IMO. Look how long it's taken him to fire Pioli!!! We're an easy win for you folks twice a year now! Your owner must love Hunt, and having him in your division is a bigger bonus. The truth is, even if he reads this, gets mad, and decides to change it all, he's too stupid to fix it. He's just not a smart boy at all. King of the Daddy-boy circle... Good to be you guys I suppose!

11-25-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3736724)
He's a system QB. He's going to struggle moving to the pros and adapting to a pro style offense. This is assuming you guys even have a coaching staff that will know how to develop him.

And honestly, you guys missed the boat on the good QB's. That was last draft class. It's usually three or four years before you see another class close to last one. You picked the wrong year to suck.

Geno took snaps under center as a sophomore and looked good. I don't see any problems with his transition because of his football IQ and work ethic.

Great article about this very subject.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1226731.html

It's pretty high praise when Andrew Luck's father says you're one of the smartest and most mature QB's he's been around.

24champ 11-25-2012 03:30 PM

Like Kaylore said, there's no good QBs in this coming draft.

Rohirrim 11-25-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24champ (Post 3736840)
Like Kaylore said, there's no good QBs in this coming draft.

There are certainly none worth a top five pick.

broncosteven 11-25-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3736718)
The biggest reason why KC lost today was because of horrible coaching and QB play.

I can say with about 85% confidence that if RG3 was KC's QB today they would have won.

Coaching cost them for sure but with the game on the line the weak D couldn't get a stop.

I have always said Quinn was streaky, he started the game 8/11 but finished the game 13/25. I don't know that any QB could get points with that WR corps and bad OL. The only thing that kept this game from being a blowout was the fact that kFc had the threat of a run game which kept our Pass rush from pinning back it's ears and meeting at the QB.

I think a young inexperienced RG III would have found a way to lose today with this team.

CEH 11-25-2012 04:04 PM

Not the year to have the #1 pick. No real sure fire QB and who will trade up

I sense a JamRus type pick if they go QB. They will probably be better off selecting a QB at the top of round 2

broncosteven 11-25-2012 04:29 PM

How many years did Cincy have the 1st over all pick and look what they did with it.

Never rejoice having the 1st over all pick in the draft. All it proves is that your the worst team in the NFL.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.