The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Maniac Community Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving to one and all (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108973)

lonestar 11-22-2012 08:07 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all

I did not see a thread on this if there is one merge it.

I wanted to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. :thumbs: To my fellow Bronco fans and fans of other teams even though your teams suck..

I know sometimes we do not always agree, but then if there was not different ideas being passed back and forth, this would be a dull place to get Bronco news and insight from other fans no matter how wrong they might be.

This a a special day, for the USA. A time to set down relax and be with family, share some time with them over a nice meal, something that happens ever so rarely in today's hectic grind.

With many working long hours in some cases two jobs to make ends meet, life is tough.

So take a day off or time off if you have to work and give thanks for all this country is blessed with.

Lonestar.

gunns 11-22-2012 08:11 AM

Right back at ya! So thankful for my family and that we have the opportunity to ALL get together today, EVERYONE. First time in 8 years and 5 new grandchildren since then.

Hope everyone has a great day, great meal, and remembers all they have to be thankful for. So thankful for the Broncos year they are having!

11-22-2012 08:22 AM

I'm thankful Dj is back on the team

Hamrob 11-22-2012 08:57 AM

Thanks Lonestar! Happy Thanksgiving you and your family as well!

lonestar 11-22-2012 08:59 AM

Meant to add in be Thankful to all of our Servicemen and Women serving thought the world.

Hoping some are hosting those stationed in your hometown, that are away from their families in some cases for the first time.

We have 4 coming over to watch some football, drink some spirits and share our bounty. They will fit in with a couple of our neighbor Army widows that do not have family close anymore.

Again a blessed day of Thanks to all in Bronco land.

Heyneck 11-22-2012 09:01 AM

Happy Turkey day lonestar!!! Same goes to the rest of the maners!!! Enjoy your family, cause nothing is above it!!!

baja 11-22-2012 09:22 AM

IMO Thanksgiving is the best holiday because it's about Gratitude & Family.

Enjoy the Spirit of the occasion everyone and God Bless! ;D

Hulamau 11-22-2012 09:36 AM

Returno on the Happy Thanksgiving Lonestar, Baja and OMers everywhere!

Gig em Von!

Lestat 11-22-2012 09:37 AM

happy thanksgiving everyone.

Kaylore 11-22-2012 11:10 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, one of the true American Holidays.

Taco John 11-23-2012 02:31 AM

I made home made pumpkin pies (grew the pumpkins myself). I also made a broccoli salad and bacon cheddar deviled eggs. We stuffed ourselves silly on all the other traditional fixins. How great to have a day dedicated to feasting with your families and being thankful for what you have in life. Hope everyone had a great one!

Pony Boy 11-23-2012 07:14 AM

I hope all had a great Thanksgiving

My lovely wife and I had a huge Thanksgiving with all my family at my sonís house with his wife, the in-laws, my daughter and 5 grandkids. It was awesome and you will appreciate this Taco, last night when it was all over I had some quite time on the back deck with an ice cold Tecate and a Padron 1964 Pyramide.

Los Broncos 11-23-2012 08:22 AM

Merry Xmas to everyone.

lonestar 11-23-2012 09:11 AM

Had a great time with guys over, it helped to compensate for not having the kids home.

First time with all the kids out of the nest. But now they have good jobs outside of El Paso something we worked hard for getting them the education so they could upgrade where they live.

Do not get me wrong home will always be home but this city is overrun with poor city and county government. Which will always keeps it a third rate city, if the houses were not paid for and taxes reasonabale (cost of living) we would move also.

But the real bummer after the feast are the 8 loads of dishes that are just about done. :rofl:

Will most likely rinse and repeat at Christmas. Two of the guys that were here are planning on it unless they get leave, got to believe they got a couple of buddies to join us.