The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Moreno get to tear the Chiefs up ? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108915)

Jetmeck 11-19-2012 12:07 AM

Moreno get to tear the Chiefs up ?
 
If wILLIS IS Down a week or two put Moreno in there, he seems to play his best against the Chiefs..................?

cutthemdown 11-19-2012 12:12 AM

Looks to me like he's behind Hillman and Ball in the pecking order. I don't think Moreno totes the rock for Denver ever again unless more rbs go down. He's done in Denver and most likely the NFL also.

Jetmeck 11-19-2012 01:20 AM

IF Mcgahee is down a week or two will see if Moreno is done or not.

extralife 11-19-2012 02:04 AM

I don't think we're going to give Ball or Hillman McGahee type caries. Moreno will get his chance.

cutthemdown 11-19-2012 02:24 AM

The coaching staff doesn't trust Moreno. Broncos will give 10-12 carries to Hillman, and 5-8 carries to Ball, and throw the ball 5-10 times more a game. I don't see Moreno all the sudden being part of the attack. He may get activated and get in if another rb gets injured, but not yet.

DBroncos4life 11-19-2012 02:34 AM

Anyone else notice that Hillman got the last three carries to end the game despite being smaller then Ball? Says a lot about Ball IMO.

misturanderson 11-19-2012 03:11 AM

With how generally ineffective both Ball and Hillman have been, I don't see how they couldn't at least give Moreno a chance. If they are that worried about fumbles, McGahee would have been benched and so would Ball. Hell, half the team would be benched.

fontaine 11-19-2012 05:01 AM

If Willis misses time, I'm definitely not looking forward to watching Moreno run straight into his blockers.

11-19-2012 06:25 AM

He's been disappointing for a 1st round pick, no doubt about it, but I'll never understand why people act like Moreno is the worst running back in Broncos history. He's sure as hell better than Ball.

Beantown Bronco 11-19-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3731284)
He's been disappointing for a 1st round pick, no doubt about it, but I'll never understand why people act like Moreno is the worst running back in Broncos history. He's sure as hell better than Ball.

This.

Almost 2700 combined rushing and receiving yards and 19 TDs in just over 2 seasons of work behind what was at the time unquestionably one of the worst run blocking lines and worst running schemes in the entire league.

The guy is not worthless. Call me when Ball or Hillman get anywhere near that kind of production.

loborugger 11-19-2012 07:21 AM

Hopefully Moreno can stay uninjured just long enough for Willis to heal. This a 50/50 proposition.

BroncoFiend 11-19-2012 07:32 AM

There is a reason Moreno is still on the roster. He has been deactivated because he is not effective on special teams, but if McGahee is out, he will split carries with Hillman at a minimum.

TonyR 11-19-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3731225)
I don't think Moreno totes the rock for Denver ever again unless more rbs go down. He's done in Denver and most likely the NFL also.

Well now this is just a bit overly dramatic. If McGahee is out this week expect Moreno to suit up and play.

BroncoDoom 11-19-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco (Post 3731295)
This.

Almost 2700 combined rushing and receiving yards and 19 TDs in just over 2 seasons of work behind what was at the time unquestionably one of the worst run blocking lines and worst running schemes in the entire league.

The guy is not worthless. Call me when Ball or Hillman get anywhere near that kind of production.

This^^^

Don't get the hate at all...and would not be surprised if we all are just clueless on this situation. Moreno is coming back from a serious knee injury... who is to say the coaches aren't saving him for the playoffs and letting that knee get 100%?

strafen 11-19-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3731224)
If wILLIS IS Down a week or two put Moreno in there, he seems to play his best against the Chiefs..................?

Popps?!!!!

11-19-2012 08:53 AM

Moreno will be out there. No way hillman can carry a load. Chances one of them gets hurt for a couple series of possessions is pretty high.

You see how front and center Moreno was in fox's post game locker room speech? His pants were half off. He's ready to do business.

razorwire77 11-19-2012 09:17 AM

I still think Hillman has quite a bit of potential. He clearly doesn't know the offense well yet, and he doesn't have the strength to consistently grind it out between the tackles, but he certainly can catch an edge and break some big runs in space. He's also made some big 3rd down catches this year, including yesterday.

As far as Moreno goes, I think he's a better pure runner than Ball. My guess is he's active against the Chefs and will get 5-8 carries. Assuming Willis can't play Hillman = 10-12 carries, Ball 5-8 carries, Moreno 5-8 carries.

Broncos_OTM 11-19-2012 09:20 AM

If morenos attitude is good. I'm alright with him playing. We have a known quantity this year with the guys we have. i'd like to see moreno. Kuper though is key. And this team really really misses jd walton

Pony Boy 11-19-2012 09:25 AM

Can't take a chance with Moreno on passing downs unless it's a screen to him because if he's rusty, misses a blitz pickup and Manning gets blown up, the season is over. At this point it's all about keeping Manning healthy for the playoffs.

cmhargrove 11-19-2012 09:44 AM

Moreno is definitely on my **** list, but there's also a reason we haven't cut him outright. We were keeping him in case Willis got hurt, and it looks like that time may be now. Let him take as many reps as we can get out of him and get McGahee healthy for the playoff run. The guy has to know his career is on the line, and I love a guy playing with desperation.

Ride that horse until it dies. Then dump it after the season...

Popps 11-19-2012 09:44 AM

I remember telling people that there must have been behind the scenes problems with Hillis and starting a riot here. Of course when the man-love-affair ended, we all saw this was exactly the case.

I'll say the same thing about Moreno at this point. He's clearly got enough talent to be utilized but yet the staff keeps him inactive. To me, this is a huge tell that something is going wrong with the kid beyond his on-field production. So the question is, will he flame out like Hillis or will he ever use some of that ability? I liked his chances to be a compliment to WM. But, like some have said, he doesn't have the staff's trust. We've seen this before.

That said, he should see touches this week if WM is out. Bottom line is, we all just need to pray that the MRI is clean because he's the most talented back we have by a mile despite the Orange Mane experts claiming otherwise.

razorwire77 11-19-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popps (Post 3731402)
I remember telling people that there must have been behind the scenes problems with Hillis and starting a riot here. Of course when the man-love-affair ended, we all saw this was exactly the case.

I'll say the same thing about Moreno at this point. He's clearly got enough talent to be utilized but yet the staff keeps him inactive. To me, this is a huge tell that something is going wrong with the kid beyond his on-field production. So the question is, will he flame out like Hillis or will he ever use some of that ability? I liked his chances to be a compliment to WM. But, like some have said, he doesn't have the staff's trust. We've seen this before.

That said, he should see touches this week if WM is out. Bottom line is, we all just need to pray that the MRI is clean because he's the most talented back we have by a mile despite the Orange Mane experts claiming otherwise.

This. He was on pace to go for 140-160 yards yesterday. WM doesn't get hurt, we beat the Bolts by 20. Yeah, he has some fumbling issues, but he's probably the 3rd most important player on this offense behind PM and Clady. Thankfully, we play largely crappy teams for the rest of the year, but Willis has to be relatively healthy for this team to have any chance of making noise in the playoffs.

11-19-2012 10:44 AM

Hillman has been less than impressive. I say give Moreno the start.

razorwire77 11-19-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3731457)
Hillman has been less than impressive. I say give Moreno the start.

Right now, Hillman has the ability to be a decent change of pace back. He has above average acceleration and top end speed. He's broken runs for decent gains in every game where he's gotten more than a couple of carries. He's also made some critical catches on 3rd down (including yesterday.)

That being said, he clearly doesn't have the offense down and the game is still too fast for him (probably because he's so young.) He needs to get a full off-season in the weight room and bulk up 10-15 pounds so he can be more effective between the tackles. But I agree, that he's not ready to be a feature back yet. And he may never be more than a change of pace back.

11-19-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3731470)
Right now, Hillman has the ability to be a decent change of pace back. He has above average acceleration and top end speed. He's broken runs for decent gains in every game where he's gotten more than a couple of carries. He's also made some critical catches on 3rd down (including yesterday.)

That being said, he clearly doesn't have the offense down and the game is still too fast for him (probably because he's so young.) He needs to get a full off-season in the weight room and bulk up 10-15 pounds so he can be more effective between the tackles. But I agree, that he's not ready to be a feature back yet. And he may never be more than a change of pace back.

His decent runs have come when there was a good size hole and he was able to use his speed. He really does not seem to be able to get the tough yards or break tackles.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.