The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Broncos RB Willis McGahee to have MRI on right knee Monday (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108905)

baja 11-18-2012 06:48 PM

Broncos RB Willis McGahee to have MRI on right knee Monday

Broncos running back Willis McGahee was having a nice game, gaining 55 yards on seven carries when he went down with a right knee injury early in the second quarter.

McGahee suffered a knee injury after he gained 8 yards with 13:33 remaining in the second quarter, a run that immediately preceded Peyton Manning’s 13-ayrd touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas. McGahee did not return and will have an MRI on Monday to determine the full extent of the injury.

“It swelled up on him,” said Broncos coach John Fox. “We’ll know more (Monday).”

Ronnie Hillman and Lance Ball finished the game at tailback and combined for 78 yards rushing on 18 carries.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-monday/16882/

baja 11-18-2012 06:50 PM

Willis is one player we can ill afford to lose.

We don't have a player that can bring what he does, not even close.

DivineLegion 11-18-2012 06:51 PM

This could really hurt us down the road.

CEH 11-18-2012 06:52 PM

Why would Willis be back on the sidelines riding on the bike if he had a serious knee injury?

Odd wonder if his knee swelled up after his bike ride

ScottXray 11-18-2012 06:52 PM

If its bad it looks like Knoshown will be active for a while. Hope he has learned something in the time off.,

oubronco 11-18-2012 06:52 PM

Damn it he'll be missed

DivineLegion 11-18-2012 06:54 PM

Call up the wondering woodsman Jerimiah Johnson!

24champ 11-18-2012 06:54 PM

Sauced to the rescue.

http://www.mantoani.com/data/photos/...hon_moreno.jpg

11-18-2012 06:54 PM

Banging it on a helmet will swell it up. I didnt see it tweak or bend wrong. Could be why he was on a bike instead of in the trainer room looking for structural damage.

Is there an RB on the practice squad?

SouthStndJunkie 11-18-2012 06:55 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Broncos RB Willis McGahee will undergo an MRI on his knee Monday but once source said he "feels good and doesn't think it's serious."

brncs_fan 11-18-2012 06:56 PM

It was a totally different game when he went down too.

Orange4Life 11-18-2012 06:56 PM

Per Adam Schefter tweeter account

Broncos RB Willis McGahee will undergo an MRI on his knee Monday but once source said he "feels good and doesn't think it's serious."

So that sounds a little better....

DenverBound 11-18-2012 06:56 PM

Even if he comes back, our ground game is the weakest part of our team. That was proven tonight by watching Hillman run into the backs of our line over and over. Ball seems to be able to run but is way to unreliable when it comes to holding on to the ball. I'm really worried that our lack of ground game is going to seal our fate much sooner than later.

What are our options here? Is there anyone out there worth a damn?

DenverBound 11-18-2012 06:57 PM

Double post?

11-18-2012 07:02 PM

I remember Giants fans last year sweating out their run game. They thought no way they could win with the worst rush offense in the league. Turns out they got a ring.

This run game doesn't have to be the best. It's not the foundation of this team anymore. When the games on the line I'd much rather have the ball in Mannings hands than any RB. All they need to do is be average and not FUMBLE.

baja 11-18-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBound (Post 3730856)
Even if he comes back, our ground game is the weakest part of our team. That was proven tonight by watching Hillman run into the backs of our line over and over. Ball seems to be able to run but is way to unreliable when it comes to holding on to the ball. I'm really worried that our lack of ground game is going to seal our fate much sooner than later.

What are our options here? Is there anyone out there worth a damn?

Are you kidding?

Did you watch Willis before he went with the knee.

7 runs for 55 yards is not to shabby. And San Diego is #2 in run defense.

11-18-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3730838)
Willis is one player we can ill afford to lose.

We don't have a player that can bring what he does, not even close.

I disagree.

He does some things well, but I dont think theres any reason to panic if he cant go. I dont see a big drop off between he and Ball. If anything, its a wash.

I agree that we cant rely on Hillman to be the main guy though. And at this point, i'd like to see Johnson or even Knowshon steal some carries away from him. He's been given a legit shot and the guy just isnt making defenders miss. Hes not ready to contribute. Atleast not the way the coaches are using him.

The Mcgahee injury may just be a blessing in disguise.

DBroncos4life 11-18-2012 07:04 PM

Is there anyway we can double that picture size champ? I don't think it's big enough Hilarious!

11-18-2012 07:05 PM

Thats a big ****ing picture.

baja 11-18-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwf (Post 3730871)
I disagree.

He does some things well, but I dont think theres any reason to panic if he cant go. I dont see a big drop off between he and Ball. If anything, its a wash.

I agree that we cant rely on Hillman to be the main guy though. And at this point, i'd like to see Johnson or even Knowshon steal some carries away from him. He's been given a legit shot and the guy just isnt making guys miss. Hes not ready to contribute. Atleast not the way the coaches are using him.

Are you a Broncos fan?

mwill07 11-18-2012 07:06 PM

Honestly, we won't need willis for 6-7 weeks. get healthy!

Vegas_Bronco 11-18-2012 07:07 PM

Wow...just wow. McGahee is twice the back Ball is.

DBroncos4life 11-18-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3730879)
Are you a Broncos fan?

He is a troll. Hilarious!

lonestar 11-18-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3730836)
Broncos running back Willis McGahee was having a nice game, gaining 55 yards on seven carries when he went down with a right knee injury early in the second quarter.

McGahee suffered a knee injury after he gained 8 yards with 13:33 remaining in the second quarter, a run that immediately preceded Peyton Manning’s 13-ayrd touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas. McGahee did not return and will have an MRI on Monday to determine the full extent of the injury.

“It swelled up on him,” said Broncos coach John Fox. “We’ll know more (Monday).”

Ronnie Hillman and Lance Ball finished the game at tailback and combined for 78 yards rushing on 18 carries.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-monday/16882/

IIRC MRIs are usually inconclusive if there is a lot of swelling..

We sure went into the crapper once he was not in could not keep the D honest..

Koppen, Beadles and Manny sucked it up on NOT opening holes ..

lonestar 11-18-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwf (Post 3730871)
I disagree.

I agree that we cant rely on Hillman to be the main guy though. And at this point, i'd like to see Johnson or even Knowshon steal some carries away from him. He's been given a legit shot and the guy just isnt making defenders miss. Hes not ready to contribute. Atleast not the way the coaches are using him.

the more you post the less I think your a bronco fan, you sound more like KMs boi friend..