The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Von Miller DPOY Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108896)

broncosteven 11-18-2012 05:09 PM

Von Miller DPOY Thread

Tonight with 3 sacks Von has surpassed JJ Watt for the sack lead. Von now has 13 sacks to JJ's 11.5. JJ was hot early in the year but has tapered off the last 2 games where as Von has been playing consistently better.

Von has more tackles, Run Stuffs and Stuff yardage, Watt has more bat downs but Von has 4 forced fumbles.

If Von keeps playing at this level he should run away with the Defensive Player of the Year award.

Smilin Assassin 11-18-2012 05:11 PM

I'm Smilin Assassin, and I approve of this message.

11-18-2012 05:12 PM

He should win it, but I have a funny feeling he won't. He is a Bronco after all. Remember when Champ had the greatest season by a corner pretty much ever? Yeah he didn't win it that year somehow. You do the math.

WolfpackGuy 11-18-2012 05:13 PM

A holding call or ten would be nice.

11-18-2012 05:13 PM

He'll win

LongDongJohnson 11-18-2012 05:14 PM

I wonder what the expert lonestar thinks about this.

gyldenlove 11-18-2012 05:16 PM

If Von keeps playing his game, he will end up close to 20 sacks, 15 tackles for loss, and some other stats that will be irrelevant. He will be a starting pro bowler, consensus 1st team all-pro and win the defensive player of the year award. Von Miller is out of this world, I noticed on a 3rd down pass attempt by the Chargers, they didn't single team him, they didn't double team him, they triple teamed him, the RT, TE and RB were all assigned to block him. I don't know of any NFL player today who draws triple teams.

Von Miller is having a dominant season, the only Broncos equivalent is Champ Baileys 2006 season.

Harvitz81 11-18-2012 05:18 PM

I really don't care if he wins or not. I just am giddy that he is a bronco and hopefully I get to watch him for the next decade or so.

Harvitz81 11-18-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3730647)
If Von keeps playing his game, he will end up close to 20 sacks, 15 tackles for loss, and some other stats that will be irrelevant. He will be a starting pro bowler, consensus 1st team all-pro and win the defensive player of the year award. Von Miller is out of this world, I noticed on a 3rd down pass attempt by the Chargers, they didn't single team him, they didn't double team him, they triple teamed him, the RT, TE and RB were all assigned to block him. I don't know of any NFL player today who draws triple teams.

Von Miller is having a dominant season, the only Broncos equivalent is Champ Baileys 2006 season.

Von already has 25 TFL on the season.

Ratboy 11-18-2012 05:19 PM

He just needs to continue what he's doing and it's in the bag.

Baba Booey 11-18-2012 05:21 PM

Oh hell yeah b****

brncs_fan 11-18-2012 05:22 PM

I haven't seen someone dominate defensively like this for a long time.

Could you imagine what he could do if he had a legit MLB playing next to him that defenses had to account for as well?

Rock Chalk 11-18-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3730633)
He should win it, but I have a funny feeling he won't. He is a Bronco after all. Remember when Champ had the greatest season by a corner pretty much ever? Yeah he didn't win it that year somehow. You do the math.

Jason Taylor had an amazing season and so did Shawn Merriman (though he got popped for Roids that season).

I didnt mind Taylor winning it that year. Champ had a terrific year but Taylor had an equally amazing year.

BroncoFox 11-18-2012 05:24 PM

Von Miller is just insane good, and he doesn't even look like he has to try that hard to do it! If he keeps playing at this level, he will easily get it. He is just doing amazing things.

Kaylore 11-18-2012 05:28 PM

Watt only had one sack today. That's including overtime. Currently Miller is beating him in sacks, forced fumbles, tackles for loss and passes defensed.

Punisher 11-18-2012 05:30 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...s_Approves.gif

Rock Chalk 11-18-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3730682)
Watt only had one sack today. That's including overtime. Currently Miller is beating him in sacks, forced fumbles, tackles for loss and passes defensed.

Miller is not beating Watt in Passes Defensed.

But...ESPN Stats and Info says...

Quote:

Von Miller has 3 sacks vs the Chargers, giving him 24.5 for his career in his 25th game. The only player with more sacks in his first 25 career games is Derrick Thomas (25).

Requiem 11-18-2012 05:35 PM

You could just rename the title of the thread to Von Miller, Hall of Fame Thread because that is in the books.

11-18-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk (Post 3730668)
Jason Taylor had an amazing season and so did Shawn Merriman (though he got popped for Roids that season).

I didnt mind Taylor winning it that year. Champ had a terrific year but Taylor had an equally amazing year.

Nothing Taylor did that year was on par with the sheer dominance that Champ displayed. Champ pretty much had the greatest all-around season a corner has ever had. Jason Taylor's season was pretty pedestrian by DPOY standards in comparison. Though at least Von has all kinds of tangible stats to help him. Corner play is so much harder to really appreciate.

I still think being a Bronco is going to hurt Miller unless he just flat out blows everyone else away from this point on.

Smilin Assassin 11-18-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk (Post 3730694)
Miller is not beating Watt in Passes Defensed.

But...ESPN Stats and Info says...

Von Miller has 3 sacks vs the Chargers, giving him 24.5 for his career in his 25th game. The only player with more sacks in his first 25 career games is Derrick Thomas (25).

How ironic and poetic.

I know everyone likes to compare current players w/former greats and HOFers, but I've never seen a player look so much like a former great.

DT once had 7 sacks in a game vs Seattle....would anyone REALLY be that suprised if Von matched it one day?

The guy is just amazingly creative at finding ways to the QB.

Lestat 11-18-2012 05:51 PM

Miller is just a damn freak. dude is a beast and he isn't fully developed yet. that's the truly scary part.

Kid A 11-18-2012 05:51 PM

2 years ago Denver was the second worst team in the league.

Today they arguably have the frontrunners for the best defensive player and best offensive players awards.

Punisher 11-18-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid A (Post 3730727)
2 years ago Denver was the second worst team in the league.

Today they arguably have the frontrunners for the best defensive player and best offensive players awards.

this

driver 11-18-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin (Post 3730711)
How ironic and poetic.

I know everyone likes to compare current players w/former greats and HOFers, but I've never seen a player look so much like a former great.

DT once had 7 sacks in a game vs Seattle....would anyone REALLY be that suprised if Von matched it one day?

The guy is just amazingly creative at finding ways to the QB.

How about next week at Arrowhead against the Chiefs.

BroncoMan4ever 11-18-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brncs_fan (Post 3730662)
I haven't seen someone dominate defensively like this for a long time.

Could you imagine what he could do if he had a legit MLB playing next to him that defenses had to account for as well?

I have been against the idea of sell the farm for Te'o but if this season keeps going the way it is, I would be more willing to pay whatever cost to get Te'o just to pair with Von.