The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Inside the NFL Broncos (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108773)

Quoydogs 11-16-2012 10:43 AM

Inside the NFL Broncos

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z0hktF_4VkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

Couple of things

Love the way manning looks after the rookie Hillman at the end.

Also at the 3.23 mark is this were Von got fined cause if so that F'ked

Rabb 11-16-2012 10:52 AM

anus, prepare it

Jetmeck 11-16-2012 11:35 AM

We have to make a statement with Phyllis and crew this weekend...........your run is over..........we are now in control.

Taco John 11-16-2012 11:37 AM

John Fox is exactly what I had hoped he would be as a head coach - a stabilizing force who can reset the culture of your organization and get you pointed in the right direction.

mkporter 11-16-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quoydogs (Post 3727765)

Also at the 3.23 mark is this were Von got fined cause if so that F'ked

That isn't the play. It was one where Von came up the middle and got Cam's feet while Vick hit him high.

11-16-2012 11:56 AM

Great Manning sound clips.

I have watched Manning his entire career. He seems much more vocal and more driven than ever. He's fired up and on a mission to make this offense fire on all cylinders. I love it.

ZONA 11-16-2012 12:00 PM

Maybe I heard this on the radio the other day, or read it somewhere, not sure. But Manning said the team had some ex military guys come in and talk to them about communication on the battlefield or something like that. That's why you are seeing Manning and the offense huddle up on the sidelines talking about everything they did on the last series and what to do on the next series.

socalorado 11-16-2012 12:04 PM

I just love..Right..the fact that Peyton..Right...is constantly....Right.....encouraging....Right.....a nd teaching.....Right......throughout...Right....the whole game.

Right!?!?

11-16-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalorado (Post 3727869)
I just love..Right..the fact that Peyton..Right...is constantly....Right.....encouraging....Right.....a nd teaching.....Right......throughout...Right....the whole game.

Right!?!?

My enjoyment watching the clip the 1st time: 9 of 10
My enjoyment watching the clip after reading your post: 1 of 10.

Thanks for ruining my enjoyment, ruiner.

11-16-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3727867)
Maybe I heard this on the radio the other day, or read it somewhere, not sure. But Manning said the team had some ex military guys come in and talk to them about communication on the battlefield or something like that. That's why you are seeing Manning and the offense huddle up on the sidelines talking about everything they did on the last series and what to do on the next series.

Think it was in the Denver Post, i read that too. They have a debriefing after each drive, it's a class idea

socalorado 11-16-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 (Post 3727894)
My enjoyment watching the clip the 1st time: 9 of 10
My enjoyment watching the clip after reading your post: 1 of 10.

Thanks for ruining my enjoyment, ruiner.

YOU'RE WELCOME
http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/125/297/125297784_640.jpg

Br0nc0Buster 11-16-2012 12:59 PM

This is a benefit of having someone like Osweiler on the team that many were not considereing.

I know I know Curtis Painter blah blah, but Oz actually has elite talent.

Peyton could go a long way in preparing Oz for the long term, and I read somewhere when Manning signed that he said he would take more of a mentor role than before

lonestar 11-16-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3727838)
John Fox is exactly what I had hoped he would be as a head coach - a stabilizing force who can reset the culture of your organization and get you pointed in the right direction.

That he is however a bit more conservative in his play calling than I like. But so far it has seemed to have workouted out.

I was really afraid when Manning came to town it would be run run and then on 3rd and long ask Manning to pull it out of the fire much like Reeves used to be with John.

But it seems Manning has taken stodgy out of the equation, with his generalship at the helm.

lonestar 11-16-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3727867)

It was in the value of after action reports and debriefings.

Not sure I have ever seen this done before on any sideline, but I'll guess that many will be doing it by next year.

To say the least it seems to be getting the job done.

lonestar 11-16-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster (Post 3727925)
This is a benefit of having someone like Osweiler on the team that many were not considereing.

I know I know Curtis Painter blah blah, but Oz actually has elite talent.

Peyton could go a long way in preparing Oz for the long term, and I read somewhere when Manning signed that he said he would take more of a mentor role than before

Before last year PM believed he was immortal. Would play forever and had a perfection complex that forced him to take every snap in practice.

Would love to know he the kid is getting some snaps and how much he has to be learning with each film secession and debriefing.

I know I have seen the two of them talking a lot after the debrief as well as with Mc Coy.

Which leads me to believe he will be more prepared than any other of his backups were.

Punisher 11-16-2012 01:34 PM

Hilman has a good head on his shoulders

lonestar 11-16-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher (Post 3727976)
Hilman has a good head on his shoulders

For barely not being a teenager, he does seem to be a wise one, you are correct.

Did you see Manning on the sidelines ask if that WW his first TD, told him to get the ball if he did not already. Then Patted him on the head which seemed to be a foot shorter than Mannings.

Good popason Manning was also up and thanking the D for their play as they came off the field.

milehighJC 11-16-2012 02:53 PM

I just don't get tired of watching this. Manning is so much more than a QB, he is the Field General. The SoundFX version is very cool too... more stuff in it pointing out the Defense was getting it done, and the Offense needing to step up. Also with him congratulating the defense as they come off the field.

Last year was exciting and fun to watch because we kept making unexpected comebacks. This year is fun and exciting because this team has become a well oiled machine. They might not be perfect yet, but they are improving every week. IMHO, we havent seen anything like this since the Elway era. If the Broncos can stay healthy, this could be one #$(& of a team to reckon with going into the playoffs.

Cant wait.

Sunday is going to be fun. Monday will be a sore throat and a lost voice.

11-16-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 (Post 3727864)

I have watched Manning his entire career. He seems much more vocal and more driven than ever. He's fired up and on a mission to make this offense fire on all cylinders. I love it.

r i g h t^5

baja 11-16-2012 03:50 PM

What I like is he is coaching up Os during the game, imagine what he is doing for him in practice. Manning never did that in Indy as I understand it.

11-16-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 (Post 3727864)

It sure seems so.

On another note, great to see another Bronco fan living in jersey.:~ohyah!:

11-18-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3728117)
What I like is he is coaching up Os during the game, imagine what he is doing for him in practice. Manning never did that in Indy as I understand it.

Peyton did used to sit with Jim Sorgi during the games and go over pictures from in-game (Sorgi was around much longer than Painter). I never felt like he was coaching Sorgi though. Actually, it more seemed like Sorgi was his errand boy somewhat. Like, "Hey Jimmy, I'm going back out on the field. Get the booth to shoot down printed pictures of the defense on every 1st down and bring them over after the series. Thanks buddy." I hope he's doing more than that with Brock. Sounded like it in the clip.

s0phr0syne 11-18-2012 07:19 AM

I've just been grateful (tis the time I should probably be saying THANKFUL) to i4jelway7 for uploading and posting these on a weekly basis!

Never feel like my week is complete until I've seen and heard the cool little takes you get to see on the sidelines, huddles, etc!

lonestar 11-18-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3728117)

Fwiw Bailey commented that because the O is rolling it makes them step up their game also. Which then makes Manning increase the pressure.

Manning has been a great thing for this program, something that has been lacking since Elway retired.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN 11-18-2012 10:19 AM

and some of us i dont wanna name names certainly not me. thought we paid too much for Manning but of course not me. i always wanted our overlord QB manning to play here and of course i didnt want Tebow to continue to start if we got Manning.