The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Does anyone know (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108764)

keef 11-16-2012 08:42 AM

Does anyone know

If there are any bars at O'Hare Airport have NFL Sunday Ticket?
I'm flying out and am supposed to arrive @ 3:20 Sunday. The game is starting @ 3:25.
I don't want to miss more than I have to while I find a spot to watch the game.

Kid A 11-16-2012 08:52 AM

There are a couple restaurants in O'Hare that show sports (Chili's for instance), but usually only whatever is on the networks or ESPN. Don't know of any sports centric bars there that would have the Ticket package.

Best bet will likely be to try to get out of O'Hare as fast as possible (which is never fast at all, even if you just do carry on) and get to a BWW or bar by the second half. Or, if you have a laptop, there are places around O'Hare with Internet access, obviously, so you could stream it online.

80smith 11-16-2012 11:43 AM

Its been some time since I have been in O'Hare but the bears do not play till Monday so you should not have any trouble finding the game on one of the TV's at the airport. You could try Fox Sports Sky Bar in Terminal 2 concourse E. And, if I'm not mistaken, I think the Blackhawks have a bar in the airport too. You could alway get on O'Hare's website and look up place. Now if its halftime and you want to get out. Shoeless Joes Ale house is just north of O'Hare on Mannheim and Higgins rd. Not even 10 minutes away. Hooters is about 15-20 minutes just east on Higgins and just off the express way.

TheReverend 11-16-2012 11:56 AM

OHare is the size of a small planet, I'm confident you'll find a dozen places showing the game.

KipCorrington25 11-16-2012 12:39 PM

The Blackhawks bar is closed, the owners locked out the staff.

Kid A 11-16-2012 12:53 PM

The problem is the Broncos game is not showing on CBS in Chicago this week—I live here and checked, we're getting the Pats-Colts game.

Have not seen that Fox Sports Bar before, sounds promising. Still, most airport bars just show the two games that are on (seeing as they usually are smaller and have 4 TVs going max), and don't go out of their way to cater to a full lineup in my experience.

broncocalijohn 11-16-2012 01:19 PM

The answer should be back to a question "Why in the **** do some of you plan on flying during a Broncos football game?"

Son of Le Lo Lang
Meck
Keef

Come on guys! Plan accordingly.

Pendejo 11-16-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 (Post 3727843)
The Blackhawks bar is closed, the owners locked out the staff.

Anyone besides you notice?

Chris 11-16-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keef (Post 3727597)
I'm flying out and am supposed to arrive @ 3:20 Sunday. The game is starting @ 3:25.

Chilli's might. I watched a preseason game there in August. Can't remember if it was national (vs SF).

broncosteven 11-16-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80smith (Post 3727764)
Its been some time since I have been in O'Hare but the bears do not play till Monday so you should not have any trouble finding the game on one of the TV's at the airport. You could try Fox Sports Sky Bar in Terminal 2 concourse E. And, if I'm not mistaken, I think the Blackhawks have a bar in the airport too. You could alway get on O'Hare's website and look up place. Now if its halftime and you want to get out. Shoeless Joes Ale house is just north of O'Hare on Mannheim and Higgins rd. Not even 10 minutes away. Hooters is about 15-20 minutes just east on Higgins and just off the express way.

The game is not being shown locally in our market Sunday, I think it is the 1st time all year.

I think Hooters or Shoeless Joes is his best bet. I doubt the bars in the terminal have the Sunday ticket. They only have a couple TV's at best.

broncosteven 11-16-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keef (Post 3727597)

If your flying in to stay and not for a layover just do what 80Smith said and go right to Shoeless Joes then on to your hotel from there after the game.

DivineLegion 11-16-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3727907)
Chilli's might. I watched a preseason game there in August. Can't remember if it was national (vs SF).

That was indeed a nationally televised game.

Chris 11-16-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivineLegion (Post 3728057)
That was indeed a nationally televised game.

Ok so don't go there. The chilli tastes like **** anyway.

11-16-2012 03:55 PM

Don't rely on airport wireless to stream. It will be too slow same with internet in the air. Best bet is to get off airport as quick as you can and hope to only miss first quarter. Carry on your bag and don't check it.

Kaylore 11-16-2012 03:57 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UqON44CLaQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SonOfLe-loLang 11-16-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3727877)
The answer should be back to a question "Why in the **** do some of you plan on flying during a Broncos football game?"

Son of Le Lo Lang
Meck
Keef

Come on guys! Plan accordingly.

Actually, you know what might be sadder? Me considering not going to Europe to see my girlfriend because I'd be missing a broncos/chiefs game. It entered the equation. but now im more angry at technology, in general, for not having satelitte wifi on transatlantic trips.

Tombstone RJ 11-16-2012 04:34 PM

There's an Irish pub/bar chain called Finnigans or flannigans or O'learys or something like that, don't go there. I had some Russian bimbo biatch (she was a hottie though) serving me. I paid out and left a tip and then a few weeks later when I looked at my charges on line, it was more than what my receipt showed. It wasn't enough for me to make a big stink about it and fight the charges on my card ($20 bucks or so), but it's just the principle behind it that ticks me off. Avoid that place.

baja 11-16-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3728106)
There's an Irish pub/bar chain called Finnigans or flannigans or O'learys or something like that, don't go there. I had some Russian bimbo biatch (she was a hottie though) serving me. I paid out and left a tip and then a few weeks later when I looked at my charges on line, it was more than what my receipt showed. It wasn't enough for me to make a big stink about it and fight the charges on my card ($20 bucks or so), but it's just the principle behind it that ticks me off. Avoid that place.

If you leave the tip line blank some places fill it in for you. especially restaurants and I would suspect bars.

I like to leave the tip in cash so the get all the money. Now I cross out the tip line if I give a cash tip

Kid A 11-16-2012 05:35 PM

I'm going to be out of the country (India) when the AFC Championship and Super Bowl are going on. Even the chance of Denver being involved has me already figuring out logistics to ensure I will have a good internet connection available those days. It's an amazing travel opportunity, but I won't lie, not being in the states if Denver makes it to the SB would be a bummer.

Tombstone RJ 11-16-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3728114)
If you leave the tip line blank some places fill it in for you. especially restaurants and I would suspect bars.

I like to leave the tip in cash so the get all the money. Now I cross out the tip line if I give a cash tip

I left a nice tip, so that that is why it chaps my ass they did that.

baja 11-16-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3728139)
I left a nice tip, so that that is why it chaps my ass they did that.

I hear ya. There are some shiity people out there.

11-16-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid A (Post 3728134)
I'm going to be out of the country (India) when the AFC Championship and Super Bowl are going on. Even the chance of Denver being involved has me already figuring out logistics to ensure I will have a good internet connection available those days. It's an amazing travel opportunity, but I won't lie, not being in the states if Denver makes it to the SB would be a bummer.

Where you going they may have it somewhere?

keef 11-16-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80smith (Post 3727764)

I googled and came across this place. Wasn't sure where it was, and their website is the worst. I'm gonna try here.